• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Cares About The Hat Kaepernick Wears

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wear Buccaneers gear all the time and every Saturday from the beginning of august to the beginning of November. I am a diehard 49ers fan and will always be!!! Does that mean that some of you don't like me?

(Both of my boys play football and their team is the West Mobile Buccaneers.)

Kaep was simply accessorizing his attire. That's what young people do these days, my little brother doesn't really watch any sports and he has several hats from different teams from all sports and he wears them when they match the other clothing he is wearing. ITS CALLED FASHION!!! Some people like to match others just throw whatever on and go. It doesn't mean they are gangsters or unloyal to the team that pays them. I am 100% confident that Kaep will give everything he has to the 49ers.

I'm assuming what you wear is not the TB Buccaneers ? Our local team is the Falcons. Nobody cares about that....they are not an NFL team.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming what you wear is not the TB Buccaneers ? Our local team is the Falcons. Nobody cares about that....they are not an NFL team.
Actually I have a New Era buccaneers hat that I order from the NFL shop.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread got a bit angry I see. It is the off season so little things like a cap mean more. Would I wear another NLF teams' stuff?....No way...never. That is just me. Kap screwed up IMO , not that he was caught wearing that cap ,but because of his response.
So because he said that people must be bored to be worried about what he is wearing and that he will wear what he wants you have a problem with that???

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well according to you he cant wear other apparel so why should he be friends with someone from another team. Just because you don't find the hat fashionable doesn't mean that he didn't. Are you that simple that you have to worry about what another person wears or doesn't wear. Man I cant wait for the season to start so we can actually talk about football and not people crying about what the 49ers QB is wearing to the beach.

no, NFL apparel, not 'other' apparel. isn't the entire thread about the Miami Dolphin apparel?

cause off the field, there isn't anything wrong if they have a BBQ at Kaep's house, both go to a Rangers game, or train together in Florida. friendship is where you'd be stretching it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see the big deal. Alot of these guys wear other teams hats. Now if it was a seattle hat then I can see it being a problem. Its Miami, who cares about Miami.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 1990 style hats are in these days. Maybe he could have found another hat but I like the color combo Miami has. It has nothing to do with football.

I thought it was a private party..?

Just to open this discussion up, Miami is pretty innocuous..if he wore a ravens or Seahawks hat, I actually would have a problem with that.

what, a Miami Dolphins hat has nothing to do with football?

ok, if it was a private party, then he can wear what he wants.

doesn't matter what NFL team hat he wore, don't wear it in public.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this context, yes. A dolphins hat in this case is just an accessory, not a statement of team loyalties

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a Hawks fan post this on ESPN forum. Not sure if its real.

998027_574234355960943_1190920370_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are you to decide what team he can and cannot wear?? get over it!! he wore a hat, its not the end of the world, he didn't come out and say he hates the 49ers and wishes he was a dolphin he wore a hat that matched the other clothes he had on. maybe he has all 32 teams and is simply repping the NFL as a whole by purchasing every team.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm talking about this: What kind of educated adult speaks like this?

“This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored.”

"Y'all" and dropping the "g" from going and doing? Or perhaps it was ending a sentence in a preposition? Thug 4 life.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont see the big deal. Alot of these guys wear other teams hats. Now if it was a seattle hat then I can see it being a problem. Its Miami, who cares about Miami.

Pro athletes??? Hats of other teams in the same league????

That is extremely rare. I can hardly recall any, and definitely not a face of a franchise.

That is why this is getting a reaction. Sure its a hat. But people dont do this, this is rare to see and odd.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Y'all" and dropping the "g" from going and doing? Or perhaps it was ending a sentence in a preposition? Thug 4 life.
Don't forget because he has tattoos and aaron hernandez does to that means that they are the same

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who are you to decide what team he can and cannot wear?? get over it!! he wore a hat, its not the end of the world, he didn't come out and say he hates the 49ers and wishes he was a dolphin he wore a hat that matched the other clothes he had on. maybe he has all 32 teams and is simply repping the NFL as a whole by purchasing every team.

cause it isn't ONLY the hat ok, but since it is going over your head........................why continue?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Purposely speaking incorrectly is ignorant behavior and I cannot condone it.

You're not "not condon[ing] it." You're attacking his character for it. I used to teach English and am a stickler for proper grammar, but I use "gonna" or "thru" when I text people. Questioning Kap's integrity because of that sort of thing is just dumb.

Perhaps more to the point, Kap's "incorrect" speaking was limited to a colloquialism that is WIDELY accepted across the country and dropping the letter "g" from two words. The horror!

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro athletes??? Hats of other teams in the same league????

That is extremely rare. I can hardly recall any, and definitely not a face of a franchise.

That is why this is getting a reaction. Sure its a hat. But people dont do this, this is rare to see and odd.

I know it happens in basketball alot. I'm sure it happens more often then we see. Most athletes don't get photographed unless they're superstars. In any case if his teammates cared I'm sure they would bring it up to him. I would say most of them don't care.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cause it isn't ONLY the hat ok, but since it is going over your head........................why continue?

What's going over my head? The fact that you don't like that Kaep wore a dolphins hat? Who cares!!!!! Is he going to not be a good qb for the 49ers because he wore a dolphins hat? Does it mean he will lose on purpose? No it doesn't it simply means he wore a damn hat that you don't like! Get over it!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not "not condon[ing] it." You're attacking his character for it. I used to teach English and am a stickler for proper grammar, but I use "gonna" or "thru" when I text people. Questioning Kap's integrity because of that sort of thing is just dumb.

Perhaps more to the point, Kap's "incorrect" speaking was limited to a colloquialism that is WIDELY accepted across the country and dropping the letter "g" from two words. The horror!

That goes without saying. Purposeful ignorance is one of the deepest character flaws a person can have. "Gonna" is OK, "thru" is inexcusable; even when texting. Its nearly as bad as "2".

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought you said you were an English teacher? How about forgetting to use the word "Is" at the beginning of the first sentence and ending the sentence with the preposition "at"? No self respecting English teacher would let that go; that's like fingernails on the chalkboard. He then omits the word "to" after the bastardization of the word "going". C'mon man!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought you said you were an English teacher? How about forgetting to use the word "Is" at the beginning of the first sentence and ending the sentence with the preposition "at"? No self respecting English teacher would let that go; that's like fingernails on the chalkboard. He then omits the word "to" after the bastardization of the word "going". C'mon man!

Is language and fashion not allowed to evolve? Since you missed most of the questions I asked, I'll repost one of my earlier ones in this thread.

Did you wear a suit and tie throughout your twenties when you weren't in uniform? I hope you didn't do anything crazy like wear jeans or t-shirts, because I'm sure the elder statesman of the day would have been embarrassed at the way you dressed.

Kaep dresses like the vast majority of males in their 20s. Attempting to associate pants around the hips rather than the waist as being "gangster" is ignorant.

Same goes for "gangster" language. I bet you didn't speak the same as your parents and grandparents, I'm sure there were generational colloquialisms that you used that, again, the elder statesman of the day thought were signs of a poor upbringing and lack of future.

Look at how adults in the 60s responded to the Beatles and rock & roll.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is language and fashion not allowed to evolve? Since you missed most of the questions I asked, I'll repost one of my earlier ones in this thread.

Sorry I didn't respond. I figured your "questions" were rhetorical and you already knew the answers to them. I will answer this one you posed though; yes, language should evolve, not devolve as it has with Kaepernick and the rest of the 142 characters or less crowd.