• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Cares About The Hat Kaepernick Wears

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would hazard a guess that no one would care if he wore a Yankees cap............unless he was a member of another MLB team.

There is a lot to be said for loyalty. It's a shame more people don't value it.

I dont think CK is a bad guy and I will continue to be as diehard a Niner fan as I've always been but in my book this was a poor decision on his part....period.

Moving on.........

:agree: ...I would never wear any other NFL gear from another team. I can't get why he did...but I agree.....move on from this.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to wrap up the offseason topics between seahawk fanbase and niner fanbase.....

Lynch DUI Trial
6th seahawks tests positive for PED's
Bruce Irvin suspended for 4 games for PED's
Richard Sherman gets off on technicality after testing positive for PED's
Several Seahawk Players go off in the media about doing physical harm to Jim Harbaugh (roid rage?)

Oh.... and Kaepernick wore a dolphins hat to the beach.

Yup ...if I had to guess this is Stupers from the ESPN forums. You post just the same as him.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just curious, how many people think that Kaep wearing a Dolphins hat in July will affect how hard he tries for us in the fall and winter?

Are you worried that the kid who grew up a Niner fan is planning to bail on the Niners to be a Dolphin?

Hell, Frank Gore wore Dolphins clothes last year during Dolphin week.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So If Kaep puts on a Dolphins uniform on game day then I say I agree with your weak point......

Yeah, and I didn't say that Kaepernick was driving a Dominoes car. I was saying if someone professionally works at one place and is famous for it and then professionally worked for another, I'd talk to him. But that's not the case, so no, I wasn't suggesting the Niners should talk to Kaepernick.

I only addressed your point to say no one was talking about firing the guy so your analogy to someone being fired was off. Their opinion, not mine, was less of an over-reaction because it was simply about talking to the guy. You acted like the overreaction was akin to firing the guy. Since it wasn't professionally conflicting, people are just talking about it and I personally wouldn't say the Niners should even talk to him about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Gold. First of all...welcome to this site. I would ask you this.....would you wear another NFL team's gear? If so....why? Because it looks good? I really don't get it but it may be something new to the younger generation....not that I am that old but I'm not in my 20s anymore for sure.

I do have other teams NFL jerseys not cuz im a fan of their team but cuz i do like the player. I have an Elway and Terrell Davis jersey and im not a Broncos fan but I did like both players. Also when LT was a top RB in the NFL for the Chargers i got a baby blue LT jersey. Im not that old either im 27. I only wear jerseys on game days now tho. Back then i use to rock jerseys all the time tho.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would hazard a guess that no one would care if he wore a Yankees cap............unless he was a member of another MLB team.

There is a lot to be said for loyalty. It's a shame more people don't value it.

I dont think CK is a bad guy and I will continue to be as diehard a Niner fan as I've always been but in my book this was a poor decision on his part....period.

Moving on.........

I dont see a problem with Kaep wearing a Fins hat but if it was a Hawks hat that would be a different story and then i would be pissed.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have other teams NFL jerseys not cuz im a fan of their team but cuz i do like the player. I have an Elway and Terrell Davis jersey and im not a Broncos fan but I did like both players. Also when LT was a top RB in the NFL for the Chargers i got a baby blue LT jersey. Im not that old either im 27. I only wear jerseys on game days now tho. Back then i use to rock jerseys all the time tho.

My favorite player is/was Alex Smith, but now he's on the Chiefs. I can't get myself to buy a Chiefs jersey because they're not my team, so I got a 49ers jersey that I customized to have Smith's number and name on it, as if he were on the team. Just kidding, my dad got the standard Smith Niners jersey in 2011 for my first Fathers Day. Now, it stands for Justin Smith and Patton. ;)

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and can anyone tell me what that vCash thing means?

It's money that you can use to bet on games. Their is a vbookie forum where you can make the wagers.

Also I think this topic got blown out of hand the Dolphins aren't our rivals so who cares if he rocks the hat? dude likes shoes and fitted/snap backs caps so be it. The guy lead us to the Superbowl I think we should know where his loyalties lie

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh, that kind of man worship by another grown man gives me the creeps.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you wear a suit and tie throughout your twenties when you weren't in uniform? I hope you didn't do anything crazy like wear jeans or t-shirts, because I'm sure the elder statesman of the day would have been embarrassed at the way you dressed.

Kaep dresses like the vast majority of males in their 20s. Attempting to associate pants around the hips rather than the waist as being "gangster" is ignorant.

Same goes for "gangster" language. I bet you didn't speak the same as your parents and grandparents, I'm sure there were generational colloquialisms that you used that, again, the elder statesman of the day thought were signs of a poor upbringing and lack of future.

Look at how adults in the 60s responded to the Beatles and rock & roll.

Purposely speaking incorrectly is ignorant behavior and I cannot condone it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really ? are you that big of an idiot to swing and miss this badly ?:omg:

He tries to draw attention to himself and I don't like it. I love his play but not his childish, self-aggrandizing tattoos and his "Kaepernicking".

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purposely speaking incorrectly is ignorant behavior and I cannot condone it.

You dont have to condone it but you have to realize its a part of a dumb downed American Society. How many time have you heard an educated sports announcer use a hip hop verse from jay z, etc., to describe a highlight? probably several times right? It is whats hip today

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, that kind of man worship by another grown man gives me the creeps.

Toby STFU I can already see ur going to be annoying on here. Whatever u say 2 1st names. Fuckin Steve Dave.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tries to draw attention to himself and I don't like it. I love his play but not his childish, self-aggrandizing tattoos and his "Kaepernicking".

Yeah its not like Aaron Rodgers did the championship belt move the whole year on his way to winning the SB. Oh wait yeah he did.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but we've always known him as an ignorant lout by his display of tats and the gangster talk, so that shouldn't be a surprise. if he plas well for the 49ers, I don't care how big a fool he is.

LMAO. U do know that his tats r religious right? Have u ever heard Kaep speak? He is very soft spoken and the 1st time I heard his voice I thought he sounded like Michael Jackson. I dont know were u get gangster out of any of this but it might be ur age. Maybe its time to put u in a retirement center.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports apparel has become more a fashion statement than team loyalty. Remember how hot throwback jerseys were? These are just 1990 retro hats. You can get almost any sports team's hat in almost any color you want, too.

People thinking this is a big deal may be out of touch with current fashion trends and overreacting to a hat worn because it matches an outfit (worn in the offseason, mind you)

As far as the language topic is concerned, every generation's lexicon evolves. Kaepernick is well spoken when speaking in front of a microphone to the media..how someone speaks casually to people in their inner social circles is not an indicator of their intelligence.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers and Celtics r a huge rival in the NBA and u can see Rondo here wearing a Lakers hat. I still dont see a problem with it.

rondo576lakers.jpg

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers and Celtics r a huge rival in the NBA and u can see Rondo here wearing a Lakers hat. I still dont see a problem with it.

rondo576lakers.jpg

It isn't a problem. People are creating context that isn't there.

My sister got pissed that Kaep wore a Brewers hat but I couldn't care less. I mean it was pretty cool and classy that Alex wore his SF Giants hat during interviews and the Bay Area teams showing support to each other definitely appeals to the fans but sometimes a hat is just an article of clothing, nothing more.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. U do know that his tats r religious right? Have u ever heard Kaep speak? He is very soft spoken and the 1st time I heard his voice I thought he sounded like Michael Jackson. I dont know were u get gangster out of any of this but it might be ur age. Maybe its time to put u in a retirement center.

But Michael Jackson was gangster. Look at beat it and all that. Just kidding. Sorry if there are any bad things you can infer from that, it was a joke, no intention implications.

BTW, I like the avatar, but I wish you'd change it. There was another poster who used that for so long so when I see it, I think it's that poster until I see that it isn't. Not seriously asking you to change it, just noting the double-take.

Last edited by a moderator: