• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook-for-Hayward in the works this summer?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Westbrook. Sure he has been a cancer that has every team wanting to drop him for years, but it is always the other guys fault. His confidence remains unshakeable

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Westbrook. Sure he has been a cancer that has every team wanting to drop him for years, but it is always the other guys fault. His confidence remains unshakeable

The confidence of a man that once yelled "YOU BETTER DOUBLE ME!" after a made basket when his team was getting crushed by 30 in the 4th quarter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why I also said...

Not sure how you missed that since you quoted it. :noidea:

I didn’t miss it.

That is the exact quote that made it a homer comment.

A move or 2 to make them contenders?

That implies they would be close to contender status without a move or two.

If you had said they would need to add a superstar to be a contender, then OK. But without specifying that the move would have to be a force of nature type player, you are really overplaying how good that core was.

Which is exactly what Laker fans on here have been doing since that group first came together.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Awhile back, I started posting in a Lakers group on Facebook. I think I lasted 3 days before I couldn't take it anymore. Trust me when I say that DJ doesn't come close to them. DJ can get a tad overzealous, but he can at least be reasoned with. I got called a Celtics fan plant because I pushed back on a couple of ridiculous trade ideas that the reason given for why they would happen was "it's the Lakers". Wish I was joking.

I just think the Lakers in general get the most ridiculous trade proposal "rumors" based on size of fan base and that Lebron is there.

Truth be told if they can manage to move RW I'd be impressed and it won't be for anything substantial. I can maybe see Hayward but idk...the Hornets just end up with the same issue even with an expiring RW contract...not like anyone is chomping at the bit for a sign and trade with him so his cap dollars are solely to attempt to create some space for the following year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the Lakers in general get the most ridiculous trade proposal "rumors" based on size of fan base and that Lebron is there.

Truth be told if they can manage to move RW I'd be impressed and it won't be for anything substantial. I can maybe see Hayward but idk...the Hornets just end up with the same issue even with an expiring RW contract...not like anyone is chomping at the bit for a sign and trade with him so his cap dollars are solely to attempt to create some space for the following year.

The only reason any team would want him would be for cap space and fans will come to see him play. Heck, I've said I'd be okay with the Lakers just basically punting next season and just keeping him for that same reason.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Awhile back, I started posting in a Lakers group on Facebook. I think I lasted 3 days before I couldn't take it anymore. Trust me when I say that DJ doesn't come close to them. DJ can get a tad overzealous, but he can at least be reasoned with. I got called a Celtics fan plant because I pushed back on a couple of ridiculous trade ideas that the reason given for why they would happen was "it's the Lakers". Wish I was joking.
Awwwwwwwwww......warm fuzzies. Not sure how I missed this.

The Sports Debate Network has some reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal Laker homers. I have to explain why their trade doesn't work with the cap and all.

A lot of the time I am joking about the outlandish trades, sometimes I am serious. Sad people can't see which is which.

PS: You know how to tag people, right?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason any team would want him would be for cap space and fans will come to see him play. Heck, I've said I'd be okay with the Lakers just basically punting next season and just keeping him for that same reason.

Hard to punt with Lebron being the age he is.

I could almost see a more sensible play being to trade Lebron and build around expiring RW and AD.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see another title with this group being possible.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In TSDN there is a dude named Demir and he's always guaranteeing a win and saying how much cash he wins.

Inevitably, the Lakers lose and I'm in the comments typing, "It's the Demir curse again."

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could almost see a more sensible play being to trade Lebron and build around expiring RW and AD.

If the Lakers trade RW and picks for Brogdon and Hield and they make smarter FA signings and STAY HEALTHY.....they'll be a contender.

Especially, if James can stay playing at a high level.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers trade RW and picks for Brogdon and Hield and they make smarter FA signings and STAY HEALTHY.....they'll be a contender.

Especially, if James can stay playing at a high level.

I don't understand why the Pacers would trade one expiring and Hield for a larger expiring.

Feels like they could get more selling those guys separately.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why the Pacers would trade one expiring and Hield for a larger expiring.

Feels like they could get more selling those guys separately.
Especially because Indiana isn't a destination. Why free up cap space for a place a max player isn't coming anyway?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may not have a choice. There are rumors of Indy and Charlotte having interest with players who fit better with Lebron. But I don't know how real those are. The Charlotte one seems to be based on MJ once saying he likes Westbrook. At least the reasons given for the Indy trade seem to be based on something a little more real.

The problem with trading Lebron is who's going to take him? And what could the Lakers get back? If you're a contender, why bring in a 37 year old that is going to take the ball out of your other best players hands and that you'll have to change your offense for?

If you're a team that is a solid playoff ream looking to add someone to get you over the hump, you're going to be giving up a chunk of what got you to the hump.

If AD can stay healthy and Lebron can continue to play at the level he did this year, they could with the right moves. The question would just be can/will they make the right moves.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially because Indiana isn't a destination. Why free up cap space for a place a max player isn't coming anyway?
FA isn't the only way to get players.

Stockpile draft picks and trade for a player or 2. Like the Thunder when they traded for PG.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with trading Lebron is who's going to take him? And what could the Lakers get back? If you're a contender, why bring in a 37 year old that is going to take the ball out of your other best players hands and that you'll have to change your offense for?

If you're a team that is a solid playoff ream looking to add someone to get you over the hump, you're going to be giving up a chunk of what got you to the hump.
Yeah, they'd be more likely to trade RW and AD and build around James for a few more seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because you still have to try. They would basically be tanking with Westbrook and hoping to land a star in the draft, then use the cap space to add better role players.