• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook-for-Hayward in the works this summer?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure there’s a team out there with enough expiring deals for the lakers to not hurt their 2023 cap

For it to make sense to trade him instead of stretching Russ, the lakers would need to take back less than 15m in 2023 salary

That’s a tough task

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure there’s a team out there with enough expiring deals for the lakers to not hurt their 2023 cap

For it to make sense to trade him instead of stretching Russ, the lakers would need to take back less than 15m in 2023 salary

That’s a tough task

I don't think they would worry too much about their 2023 cap space if the return works. For example, Hield/Brogdon is a return that I would expect they'd take on those extra years for. They'd still have Lebron coming off the books for 2023. Not sure how much cap that would clear though.

If the Lakers main goal is cap space, then just keeping Westbrook 1 more year would make the most sense.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would worry too much about their 2023 cap space if the return works. For example, Hield/Brogdon is a return that I would expect they'd take on those extra years for. They'd still have Lebron coming off the books for 2023. Not sure how much cap that would clear though.

If the Lakers main goal is cap space, then just keeping Westbrook 1 more year would make the most sense.

I really like haywards fit with the 2 stars

But it is quite brittle with brow and GH

The other two are expiring mid sized deals that could be used with tht nunn and picks to make another/other move(s)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like haywards fit with the 2 stars

But it is quite brittle with brow and GH

The other two are expiring mid sized deals that could be used with tht nunn and picks to make another/other move(s)

Yeah, from a fit perspective, I like the Hayward idea better. But yeah, between him and AD...that's a lot of money that could be sitting in street clothes. Considering Lebron is starting to miss some games here and there too...that could be over $100 million sitting on the bench some games.

Assuming they are real potential trades, I think the one for Hayward would have the highest potential reward, but it also carries the highest potential risk.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, from a fit perspective, I like the Hayward idea better. But yeah, between him and AD...that's a lot of money that could be sitting in street clothes. Considering Lebron is starting to miss some games here and there too...that could be over $100 million sitting on the bench some games.

Assuming they are real potential trades, I think the one for Hayward would have the highest potential reward, but it also carries the highest potential risk.

Getting oubre at least can help offset that a bit.

They’d probably give you plumlee too.

Then one bad fit into 3 guys who are at least better fits with the roster.

Less minimum value guys on the bench

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means adding what they need. Not sure what is so hard to grasp.

Well,

You add a couple superstars to most rosters and they are contenders.

And what that would need is a superstar.

To me, saying what you said means role players.

And that core was not 2 role players away. Not even close.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

You add a couple superstars to most rosters and they are contenders.

And what that would need is a superstar.

To me, saying what you said means role players.

And that core was not 2 role players away. Not even close.

I assumed that needing to add at least 1 star in that couple of moves would be assumed since none of them have developed into stars.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed that needing to add at least 1 star in that couple of moves would be assumed since none of them have developed into stars.

Well, then you should say that they would need to add stars.

Because otherwise, it implies that the core would be close to contender status.

And many of the Laker fans on here legit believe(d) that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then you should say that they would need to add stars.

Because otherwise, it implies that the core would be close to contender status.

And many of the Laker fans on here legit believe(d) that.
Honestly, I don’t even know why this is a thing. The Lakers won a ring. I haven’t seen a Sixers championship in almost 40 years. It seems like they won this thing but the cost is that on the back end, people get old and people get banged up in sports. Not all, but many Lakers fans seem like they’re now lamenting the cost they paid. That’s ass.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don’t even know why this is a thing. The Lakers won a ring. I haven’t seen a Sixers championship in almost 40 years. It seems like they won this thing but the cost is that on the back end, people get old and people get banged up in sports. Not all, but many Lakers fans seem like they’re now lamenting the cost they paid. That’s ass.

Meh, many Lakers fans didn't want Lebron and would have been perfectly happy just continuing to develop the kids and then look to add what they needed to become contenders.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, many Lakers fans didn't want Lebron and would have been perfectly happy just continuing to develop the kids and then look to add what they needed to become contenders.

That is exactly what they did though.

They needed to add LeBron and AD while getting rid of the kids.

The kids weren’t that good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said they wanted to develop and add stars to the kids, not get rid of all of them...which is ultimately what they did.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think ball is underrated

But kuz is somehow even more overrated

Wiz should sell high on him now lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really interesting tj see what happens if the lakers didn’t pick tht over Lowry.

Vogel is probably still there

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not to mention Ball, Hart, Kuz and Caruso. Given how some of these guys have developed, they could have been a real solid team by now. They'd likely need to make a move or 2 to be contenders...but they'd have a real solid young team.
I am surprised TJF12 you would state this after all of the grief you gave me way back when I was against trading for AD when the Lakers had a host of youngsters. lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart and Nance are the guys I really miss.
Were you not one of posters way back then that ragged all over me for being against trading for AD to begin with and imploring the Lakers to keep their youngsters and allow them to develop? LOL!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised TJF12 you would state this after all of the grief you gave me way back when I was against trading for AD when the Lakers had a host of youngsters. lol.

To be fair the trade made a lot of sense. A healthy AD is better than all of those players combined.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair the trade made a lot of sense. A healthy AD is better than all of those players combined.
Yea Shaqdaddy I believe TJF12 and I came to that conclusion way back then but hindsight is ALWAYS 20-10 and I was giving TJF12 some facetious ribbing. LOL! Who knew AD would become habitually injury-prone?

If the Lakers knew that, they might not have had such a stiffy for AD and you can always make the case that the trade was worth moving all that talent because all of them combined do not have one championship and AD has one with the Lakers even though they only played half a season (or whatever) in the bubble to get it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Shaqdaddy I believe TJF12 and I came to that conclusion way back then but hindsight is ALWAYS 20-10 and I was giving TJF12 some facetious ribbing. LOL! Who knew AD would become habitually injury-prone?

If the Lakers knew that, they might not have had such a stiffy for AD and you can always make the case that the trade was worth moving all that talent because all of them combined do not have one championship and AD has one with the Lakers even though they only played half a season (or whatever) in the bubble to get it.

Yeah they would have.

Lakers got a title.

They will eventually reset and make another title run in a few years.

Those kids weren’t getting them anywhere unless the kids were the support pieces.