• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Annual Top 50 NBA Players List (Year 9)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it's your list! I would have personally picked Jordan over Dwight.
In fantasy - the same, but on the actual court - Yeah I think I would to - he's younger, plays with more effort and energy. I'm just not impressed with Howard

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good overall....

some thoughts:

LaMarcus Aldridge- he is a great talent and puts up numbers but i just dont feel like id pick him to start my team- and 12 thats what you need.

At this point I would prob rank DeAndre over Dwight- I think DeAndre is in for a big year coming off the Olympics where i think he wised up a little mentally

Isiah Thomas in Boston- with Smart developing and how crowded that roster is- its gonna be hard for him to get to 22 points a game again and besides scoring he does not do a whole lot. Came up very small in the playoffs.

I like where you have Dwade at 42. He is no longer the guy that can carry a team- but he can still win you a playoff game all by himself.

I like Bledsoe a lot- and i realize you have him bunched up with other PG's like Conley, Rondo, Teague, Oladipo- but at this point- i just dont see him as a top 50 guy. He just does not play enough, is in a crowded backcourt. I really like Bledsoe too as a talent but he just hasnt done a whole lot over hte last couple years. I would have made him an honorable mention.

Nik Batum i think should crack the list. Id rather have him than Brook Lopez or Rondo or Teague. Elite defense, solid shooting, versatile. He is a very good fit in todays NBA.

I tend to agree with CS's comment about Klay over DeMarr. Like he said- even on the Olympic team it was evident who the better player is. Klay is a hard guy to rank- but i think where you have him is about right- below all the guys who are stars in their own right- but above most everyone else.

Nice landing spot for Milsap and Lowry- 2 guys that lead prettty good teams in the East. These guys bring a lot off the court as well as on and are guys you can build around. All Star caliber players but not elite guys.
I didnt watch much CJ McCollum- being on the West coast and a mediocre team- but its hard for me to put a guy in the top 30 after one solid year....will be an interesting guy to monitor going forward to see if he can do it consistently.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good overall....

some thoughts:

LaMarcus Aldridge- he is a great talent and puts up numbers but i just dont feel like id pick him to start my team- and 12 thats what you need.

At this point I would prob rank DeAndre over Dwight- I think DeAndre is in for a big year coming off the Olympics where i think he wised up a little mentally

Isiah Thomas in Boston- with Smart developing and how crowded that roster is- its gonna be hard for him to get to 22 points a game again and besides scoring he does not do a whole lot. Came up very small in the playoffs.

I like where you have Dwade at 42. He is no longer the guy that can carry a team- but he can still win you a playoff game all by himself.

I like Bledsoe a lot- and i realize you have him bunched up with other PG's like Conley, Rondo, Teague, Oladipo- but at this point- i just dont see him as a top 50 guy. He just does not play enough, is in a crowded backcourt. I really like Bledsoe too as a talent but he just hasnt done a whole lot over hte last couple years. I would have made him an honorable mention.

Nik Batum i think should crack the list. Id rather have him than Brook Lopez or Rondo or Teague. Elite defense, solid shooting, versatile. He is a very good fit in todays NBA.

I tend to agree with CS's comment about Klay over DeMarr. Like he said- even on the Olympic team it was evident who the better player is. Klay is a hard guy to rank- but i think where you have him is about right- below all the guys who are stars in their own right- but above most everyone else.

Nice landing spot for Milsap and Lowry- 2 guys that lead prettty good teams in the East. These guys bring a lot off the court as well as on and are guys you can build around. All Star caliber players but not elite guys.
I didnt watch much CJ McCollum- being on the West coast and a mediocre team- but its hard for me to put a guy in the top 30 after one solid year....will be an interesting guy to monitor going forward to see if he can do it consistently.

Omg.....I pretty much agree with this entire post.

I don't detect an ounce of trolling.

But, I'm not ready to drop Wade out of the top 40.

Maybe I'm just being sentimental. But, he's still productive.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, does anyone beside Sushi care to talk basketball here?

Sure.

Gotta agree on Olidipo.

He's done nothing....yet.

Maybe by Seasons end Ill be eating those words.

Time will tell.

......Howard over Jordan?

Just.....no.

But, I'm a homer. :noidea:

Although I disagree with your list, kudos for putting forth the effort it took to make it.

:suds:

Ps. Not to pile on. But, you can't sling barbs at a fandom and not expect them to respond.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, all you other beches better bow down. :heh:
I lost my cool tonight in their precious little club, but OMG, they are are obsessed with talking about me and then tagging me. I've tried to stay out of their but their juvenile delinquent behavior is a bit much. I am going to quit now before I get mad again

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps. Not to pile on. But, you can't sling barbs at a fandom and not expect them to respond.

I suppose, but I just had to tell the truth in that instance. I took Sushi's OP as a personal jab since it seemed fast-paced and critical when that wasn't his intention. But whatever though, I was hoping it could have been a dead issue after one post and this could be a basketball thread like it was meant to be.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good overall....

some thoughts:

But Draymond Green is a guy to start a team with?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, all you other beches better bow down. :heh:

It certainly was not my intention of this thread to make my opinion as if it was above all others...My intention was to generate actual basketball discussion - You know, like what this board was for.

I apologize if anyone felt otherwise though.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Batum but to me he just seems to disappear in big games and settles for too many threes. Just not sure he has much killer instinct.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All in all it's tough to rank players based on olympic performance. I knew when I wrote this that DeMar over Klay was bound to create controversy, but Draymond couldn't ever get on the court in these games while Carmelo is the team's all-time leading scorer...I had to rank him as high as #19 for that achievement alone.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Draymond Green is a guy to start a team with?

Draymond's skill set allows you to build around him. But conversely, he's not a guy you can plug into any system and expect him to be as effective. Aldridge is a guy who you know what you're getting from him, but has limited potential as the #1. While Draymond still might not be the true #1 on a team, he would be the focal point of the offense you built around him. That's at least my take on it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you abandon OKC for Cleveland?

He didn't...It's all some bogus rumor. Dare I say it??? - Yes, created by Heat/Laker fans....

How the fuck can anyone be a bandwagon Browns or Indians fan?:doh:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't...It's all some bogus rumor. Dare I say it??? - Yes, created by Heat/Laker fans....

How the fuck can anyone be a bandwagon Browns or Indians fan?:doh:
Stop it. If you don't know what you're talking about it's better just to stay a spectator and say nothing.

It might seem like a rumor to you since you're not a part of the FN family. But, there are others here that are a part of that family and know the back story.