• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Checking in on the T'Wolves and Suns...Two traditionally mismanaged franchises

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the west, there's definitely a glimmer of hope for these two teams. Both teams have trimmed the fat to a significant extent this summer...

For the first time in well, ever, Minnesota brought some actual credibility into their front office with their hiring of Houston's Gersson Rosas. Thinking long-term, Rosas had let loose of Dario Saric (overrated), Tyus Jones (overrated), Derrick Rose (retread), and Taj Gibson (old), and made a big draft night trade by acquiring Jarrett Culver with the #6 pick.

Laugh at the contract of Andrew Wiggins if you must (and yes, you must), be he has been the team's most consistent producer the last few seasons other than KAT. You'd hate to just give him away for another bad contract, which is really all you would get for him in a trade. Robert Covington has also only played in 22 games for the team after the trade due to injury. Even though I personally don't think he's as good as his trade value last fall had suggested, his return will also provide a significant boost for the Wolves. Even though I'm not currently predicting it, it definitely would not surprise me to see this team make the playoffs. Coaching could be their one downside, as Ryan Saunders is barely older than me and is still making his way as an NBA head coach. That being said, Minnesota made the right move giving him a chance as opposed to wasting another year under Thibs.

To fill the void at power forward, Rosas made a pair of short-term gambles with Noah Vonleh and Jordan Bell. Even so, both players embody the type of defensive-minded role players that have a better potential fit next to Towns than Saric would have.

Now, onto the Suns...

The Monty Williams hire was a good one to at long last provide stability on the sidelines. Frankly, New Orleans had set themselves a couple years back when the fired him as an overreaction to a first-round sweep at the hands of Golden State back in 2015, because to his credit he tore that program down and built it back up.

The T.J. Warren salary dump was a logical one, for he was a pure scorer who did not really fit alongside franchise cornerstones Booker and Ayton. The Jackson move was a little perplexing, for he is still very young. That said, he has been a mild disappointment as a former #4 overall pick and was outplayed in terms of efficiency by rookie Mikal Bridges on both ends of the floor.

If this team was in the east, they would have an outside chance at making the playoffs. But in the west, 30 is a more realistic win total for them than 35.
Wiggins is the most inefficient scorer in the nba for those taking over 10 shots a game. No joke, its true. THE ABSOLUTE WORST. Befoee the wolves can do anything, we need to rid ourselves of this trash heap.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can one explain to me why the Wolves waived Cam Reynolds after signing him on a minimum salary multi-year?

If that's not on the FO to blame, I don't know what it is...

Can one explain to me why the Suns released 21yo Dragan Bender for nothing? Why did they fire coach Kokoskov?

The Bucks can't but thank both teams for letting them have Reynolds and Bender for nothing and then both at the most team-friendly deal the Bucks could have!

The Kings can't but thank the Suns for letting them have coach Kokoskov!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can one explain to me why the Wolves waived Cam Reynolds after signing him on a minimum salary multi-year?

Can one explain to me why the Suns released 21yo Dragan Bender for nothing? Why did they fire coach Kokoskov?

The Bucks can't but thank both teams for letting them have Reynolds and Bender for nothing and then both at the most team-friendly deal the Bucks could have!

The Kings can't but thank the Suns for letting them have coach Kokoskov!

Just so we are clear, your big negative is a minnimum contract signed by the previous regime was not retained by new management?

Some damning stuff there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is the most inefficient scorer in the nba for those taking over 10 shots a game. No joke, its true. THE ABSOLUTE WORST. Befoee the wolves can do anything, we need to rid ourselves of this trash heap.

Exactly. Bottom 20 in VORP last year, despite his max salary and in his young prime. But but but his upside.....lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Bottom 20 in VORP last year, despite his max salary and in his young prime. But but but his upside.....lol.

Fortunately for him and maybe unfortunately for any teams that end up with him, he'll probably be able to live off of his upside for a few more years.

Teams will convince themselves that that they are the ones who can get through to him and unlock all of that potential.

Hopefully, some team can, I hate to see guys be busts. But from what he's shown so far, it's hard to see him ever reaching that potential.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for him and maybe unfortunately for any teams that end up with him, he'll probably be able to live off of his upside for a few more years.

Teams will convince themselves that that they are the ones who can get through to him and unlock all of that potential.

Hopefully, some team can, I hate to see guys be busts. But from what he's shown so far, it's hard to see him ever reaching that potential.

This is my fear about him and the Warriors. LOL.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys ruining a solid thread?
Which is why I enter, and exit , threads in 3 seconds or less.

tenor.gif

2 week arguments, constant trolling for pages and pages.

Ridiculous.

In fairness, like you said, @Shaqdaddy11 didn't start this.

Not sure anyone would/could respond to some Shit like that with anything other than VENOM.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a souped up version of Hamidou Diallo.

Bargain at 900k.

Absolutely ATROCIOUS at 27mil.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Ridiculous.

Not sure anyone would/could respond to some Shit like that with anything other than VENOM.

Can't wait for the season to start so we can have more real discussions

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we are clear, your big negative is a minnimum contract signed by the previous regime was not retained by new management?

Some damning stuff there.
Actually it's far more than that... I mean if you have an never drafted guy on Reynolds that comes out of free agency without him ever seen an NBA court before in his entire life and replaces injured ...Covington (!!!) on the roster for the rest of the season in the most convincing manner any fan or coach or FO executive would expect... and additionally having him put numbers on the board that even the wildest dreams of a scouter couldn't imagine, then you are simply stupid to loose him out on a third team after that... It really shows FO incapability... don't you think?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's far more than that... I mean if you have an never drafted guy on Reynolds that comes out of free agency without him ever seen an NBA court before in his entire life and replaces injured ...Covington (!!!) on the roster for the rest of the season in the most convincing manner any fan or coach or FO executive would expect... and additionally having him put numbers on the board that even the wildest dreams of a scouter couldn't imagine, then you are simply stupid to loose him out on a third team after that... It really shows FO incapability... don't you think?

No, Reynolds was a minimum contract for a reason. You almost never see bottom of the roster retained when power changes place. Reynolds only got a 2-way contract for a reason after he was cut. He is a fringe player that may one day become a rotation player.

The Wolves have dozens of bad calls that they have made that you can point to on why they are always a bad team. You grabbed the one thing that is a nonissue because you saw the one thing that was tied to the Bucks.

Reynolds was given a contract by Scott Layden, the guy that ruined the Knicks long before Isaiah Thomas took the blame for it. I am not worried about someone undoing that guys work.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Reynolds was a minimum contract for a reason. You almost never see bottom of the roster retained when power changes place. Reynolds only got a 2-way contract for a reason after he was cut. He is a fringe player that may one day become a rotation player.

The Wolves have dozens of bad calls that they have made that you can point to on why they are always a bad team. You grabbed the one thing that is a nonissue because you saw the one thing that was tied to the Bucks.

Reynolds was given a contract by Scott Layden, the guy that ruined the Knicks long before Isaiah Thomas took the blame for it. I am not worried about someone undoing that guys work.

OK... I admit you've got a point there... One of the better teams in the NBA got a guy who was putting on the board some impressive numbers although he never saw an NBA floor before in his life, because one of the worst teams in the NBA thinks he was worthless... In fact, It's what I said right from the beginning... keep up the good work, you never need guys like that... We do!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... I admit you've got a point there... One of the better teams in the NBA got a guy who was putting on the board some impressive numbers although he never saw an NBA floor before in his life, because one of the worst teams in the NBA thinks he was worthless... In fact, It's what I said right from the beginning... keep up the good work, you never need guys like that... We do!

Players that put up numbers for tanking teams at the end of the season are always awesome. It is why Flip Murray has all those All Star appearances. That is in no way a common occurrence that happens almost every year for bad teams.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players that put up numbers for tanking teams at the end of the season are always awesome. It is why Flip Murray has all those All Star appearances. That is in no way a common occurrence that happens almost every year for bad teams.
As I said before... I fully agree with you!

It's too common for a player that has never seen the floor on an NBA game before, to suddenly be called during mid-season and play ...19 games in the NBA and put 56% efg and 41% of his 3pts on the board and then... the team which has called him to "just" let him walk for nothing...

It is so common, that if you bring up another example of a similar case that has ever happened, I'll become an astronaut only after an hour of training and will then travel the entire galaxy and be back in less than 24 hours!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before... I fully agree with you!

It's too common for a player that has never seen the floor on an NBA game before, to suddenly be called during mid-season and play ...19 games in the NBA and put 56% efg and 41% of his 3pts on the board and then... the team which has called him to "just" let him walk for nothing...

It is so common, that if you bring up another example of a similar case that has ever happened, I'll become an astronaut only after an hour of training and will then travel the entire galaxy and be back in less than 24 hours!

Would you even know who the player is if he didnt sign with the Bucks?

You are right though, the 45 days he spends with the Bucks will be the difference maker for them.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Ridiculous.

And to call Shaqdaddy an innocent bystander is rather asinine as well...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you even know who the player is if he didnt sign with the Bucks?

Yes... He attracted my interest with the numbers he was putting on the board with the Wolves... I didn't know him before though...

You are right though, the 45 days he spends with the Bucks will be the difference maker for them.
Both Cameron and Frank Mason were signed on a 2-way because all 15 roster spots are currently taken... They will both be converted to regular as soon as there will be vacancies in the roster.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty Williams is a solid hire but the James Jones/Sarver management/owner group is just so so bad. They fucked up the draft royally.

You don't think Cam Johnson can play? :scratch: