• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Checking in on the T'Wolves and Suns...Two traditionally mismanaged franchises

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the west, there's definitely a glimmer of hope for these two teams. Both teams have trimmed the fat to a significant extent this summer...

For the first time in well, ever, Minnesota brought some actual credibility into their front office with their hiring of Houston's Gersson Rosas. Thinking long-term, Rosas had let loose of Dario Saric (overrated), Tyus Jones (overrated), Derrick Rose (retread), and Taj Gibson (old), and made a big draft night trade by acquiring Jarrett Culver with the #6 pick.

Laugh at the contract of Andrew Wiggins if you must (and yes, you must), be he has been the team's most consistent producer the last few seasons other than KAT. You'd hate to just give him away for another bad contract, which is really all you would get for him in a trade. Robert Covington has also only played in 22 games for the team after the trade due to injury. Even though I personally don't think he's as good as his trade value last fall had suggested, his return will also provide a significant boost for the Wolves. Even though I'm not currently predicting it, it definitely would not surprise me to see this team make the playoffs. Coaching could be their one downside, as Ryan Saunders is barely older than me and is still making his way as an NBA head coach. That being said, Minnesota made the right move giving him a chance as opposed to wasting another year under Thibs.

To fill the void at power forward, Rosas made a pair of short-term gambles with Noah Vonleh and Jordan Bell. Even so, both players embody the type of defensive-minded role players that have a better potential fit next to Towns than Saric would have.

Now, onto the Suns...

The Monty Williams hire was a good one to at long last provide stability on the sidelines. Frankly, New Orleans had set themselves a couple years back when the fired him as an overreaction to a first-round sweep at the hands of Golden State back in 2015, because to his credit he tore that program down and built it back up.

The T.J. Warren salary dump was a logical one, for he was a pure scorer who did not really fit alongside franchise cornerstones Booker and Ayton. The Jackson move was a little perplexing, for he is still very young. That said, he has been a mild disappointment as a former #4 overall pick and was outplayed in terms of efficiency by rookie Mikal Bridges on both ends of the floor.

If this team was in the east, they would have an outside chance at making the playoffs. But in the west, 30 is a more realistic win total for them than 35.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the west, there's definitely a glimmer of hope for these two teams. Both teams have trimmed the fat to a significant extent this summer...

For the first time in well, ever, Minnesota brought some actual credibility into their front office with their hiring of Houston's Gersson Rosas. Thinking long-term, Rosas had let loose of Dario Saric (overrated), Tyus Jones (overrated), Derrick Rose (retread), and Taj Gibson (old), and made a big draft night trade by acquiring Jarrett Culver with the #6 pick.

Laugh at the contract of Andrew Wiggins if you must (and yes, you must), be he has been the team's most consistent producer the last few seasons other than KAT. You'd hate to just give him away for another bad contract, which is really all you would get for him in a trade. Robert Covington has also only played in 22 games for the team after the trade due to injury. Even though I personally don't think he's as good as his trade value last fall had suggested, his return will also provide a significant boost for the Wolves. Even though I'm not currently predicting it, it definitely would not surprise me to see this team make the playoffs. Coaching could be their one downside, as Ryan Saunders is barely older than me and is still making his way as an NBA head coach. That being said, Minnesota made the right move giving him a chance as opposed to wasting another year under Thibs.

To fill the void at power forward, Rosas made a pair of short-term gambles with Noah Vonleh and Jordan Bell. Even so, both players embody the type of defensive-minded role players that have a better potential fit next to Towns than Saric would have.

Now, onto the Suns...

The Monty Williams hire was a good one to at long last provide stability on the sidelines. Frankly, New Orleans had set themselves a couple years back when the fired him as an overreaction to a first-round sweep at the hands of Golden State back in 2015, because to his credit he tore that program down and built it back up.

The T.J. Warren salary dump was a logical one, for he was a pure scorer who did not really fit alongside franchise cornerstones Booker and Ayton. The Jackson move was a little perplexing, for he is still very young. That said, he has been a mild disappointment as a former #4 overall pick and was outplayed in terms of efficiency by rookie Mikal Bridges on both ends of the floor.

If this team was in the east, they would have an outside chance at making the playoffs. But in the west, 30 is a more realistic win total for them than 35.

Ehh Suns, for me, did more of the typical kind of Suns stuff. They paid a team draft picks just to shed Josh Jackson, so they could sign Ricky Rubio. But why? Rubio is a mid grade PG in the NBA (in terms of starters). Then as you said they basically dumped TJ Warren's salary. I just see them going in circles until Ayton fulfills his potential and Booker takes that next step, especially on the defensive end. Both questionable moves for them in the off-season at beast. I don't really see any optimism yet over what they accomplished last season.

T-Wolves, yeah, they're a bit stuck at the moment, but don't think they're screwed or anything like that. They do need to move Wiggins and build up a core surrounding KAT. They have a guy who can be a foundational piece and a franchise player. Don't waste his prime years like New Orleans did with Anthony Davis. I like Covington and Okogie for them. They need one more big time piece to put them in a position to be a formidable playoff team.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh Suns, for me, did more of the typical kind of Suns stuff. They paid a team draft picks just to shed Josh Jackson, so they could sign Ricky Rubio. But why? Rubio is a mid grade PG in the NBA (in terms of starters). Then as you said they basically dumped TJ Warren's salary. I just see them going in circles until Ayton fulfills his potential and Booker takes that next step, especially on the defensive end. Both questionable moves for them in the off-season at beast. I don't really see any optimism yet over what they accomplished last season.

T-Wolves, yeah, they're a bit stuck at the moment, but don't think they're screwed or anything like that. They do need to move Wiggins and build up a core surrounding KAT. They have a guy who can be a foundational piece and a franchise player. Don't waste his prime years like New Orleans did with Anthony Davis. I like Covington and Okogie for them. They need one more big time piece to put them in a position to be a formidable playoff team.

If the Suns could get Vince Carter to be a veteran voice, I'd bet on 30 wins for them. Williams is a good coach who will speed up their growth.

KAT still has five years left on his deal, so Minny can afford to think long-term while at least attempting to create payroll flexibility. There's likely a reason why Okogie played in summer league and Culver didn't. Culver seems to be the priority while Okogie seems to be the odd man out that needs to prove himself.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Suns could get Vince Carter to be a veteran voice, I'd bet on 30 wins for them. Williams is a good coach who will speed up their growth.

KAT still has five years left on his deal, so Minny can afford to think long-term while at least attempting to create payroll flexibility. There's likely a reason why Okogie played in summer league and Culver didn't. Culver seems to be the priority while Okogie seems to be the odd man out that needs to prove himself.

Okogie played in Summer League because they had him work on his play making and ball handling in the offseason. Summer league was a good chance to get in minutes attempting that without pressure.

I am actually curious to see a lineup of Culver, Okogie, Wiggins, Covington, and KAT. Culver ran the offense in college, so this lineup could get by without a traditional point, and has potential to be great at defense......assuming Wiggins ever attempts to play defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every team who hasn't won at least two titles in the last decade are mismanaged.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every team who hasn't won at least two titles in the last decade are mismanaged.

Serious question, do you mismanage your penis tucking when you go out in public?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, do you mismanage your penis tucking when you go out in public?

What's with your obsession with penises? I didn't know you were gay. Nothing wrong with that, in fact it makes a lot of sense.

Or do you meet so little women in real life that you automatically assume everyone that completely embassares and owns you online is a guy?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with your obsession with penises? I didn't know you were gay. Nothing wrong with that, in fact it makes a lot of sense.

Or do you meet so little women in real life that you automatically assume everyone that completely embassares and owns you online is a guy?

You seem to be having a hard time answering a simple question lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys ruining a solid thread?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. A solid thread is being ruined. Perhaps somebody could tell me how to respond to the questions being asked to me.

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, onto the Suns...

Monty Williams is a solid hire but the James Jones/Sarver management/owner group is just so so bad. They fucked up the draft royally.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty Williams is a solid hire but the James Jones/Sarver management/owner group is just so so bad. They fucked up the draft royally.

So bad. That was pretty terrible.

They also should’ve taken a Luca after hiring his coach.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny needs to dump Wiggins. Sorry he’s awful.

Supposedly they could’ve gotten a package like the one Phoenix cave for bridges at last years draft...and they didn’t.

Now just clearing the long term salary would be a win.