• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3: Bears (1-1) at Colts (0-2)

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning after thoughts (amidst apparently a large amount of slapass going on about a rookie throwing a pick...Well done boys, I guess?):

What a demoralizing loss.

Every single one of our deficiencies has shown itself in these first 3 games in extreme ways...and sadly a new one has surfaced because our RB1 is meh.

The biggest deficiency, though, is Eberflus and his patchwork staff.

Anyone who has been watching games during the Eberflus era could have seen him f*cking up a game like yesterday's. Nothing has changed. This dude CANNOT be allowed to run a potential playoff team into the ground after we fill the offensive line holes this offseason.

I don't want to tank...That will never be my thing...But I hope it's possible that we can see some success while still it being clear that we need to move on after this season.
Definitely agree with the everfluke. The two point conversion gaff was enough. He held up 1. I know, it was probably going to burn a time out anyway since Rome and Caleb were fighting over the TD ball, but knowing they needed to go for two should have been in their minds when the ball was inside the 5.

Waldron seems like Nagy to me, long time coordinator who I am not sure ever called plays, but definitely is only looking for the big plays, even when the ball is on the one yard line..

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not blanketed double coverage then.

For sure. Which is why I said Williams threw a really good ball. It's exactly in the spot it has to be for the WR to catch it. The placement is outstanding.

The thing is...I'm not saying CW should have thrown that ball. I haven't seen All 22 so I don't know what else was going on over the rest of the field. Someone else could have been wide open. Or more more.

What I am saying is two things. One, it's a really good throw. Two, it could have and should have been caught.

It's weird for this to be your first point because even on the live game thread I never argued this and said someone else may have been open. But sure.

No. Bracketing is coverage. That's it. Coverage in front and back. By definition. It doesn't mean there isn't a window. It means the window becomes smaller.

And clearly there was a window because the ball got to the receivers hands without the receiver being off his route.

So far you have one meaningless point and one that literally couldn't be more wrong.

Saying he should have caught it isn't saying it's his fault and he fucked up. He's a rookie too. And it's a contested ball.

I don't fault Odunze....as in I don't think he's to blame. You're gonna lose some contested catches. And the INT is a freaky one because it's a batted ball. A lot of times that's just an incomplete you can easily live with.

But a receiver can and should catch the ball. It's a catchable ball. Simple as that.

You can actually blame Williams for the decision. Just not the throw. Two different things.

You aren't equipped to teach fucking PreK-3 bud.
Unreal… Bracketed coverage… DB in front, DB behind…. As in, between two brackets (x) …. Hence “bracketed”.

No, there clearly ISN’T a window. The result of the play bore that out.

Saying, “He should’ve caught that” is not the same as saying “It’s his fault!” is some next level mental gymnastics in a pathetic attempt to make your original comment true.

But you do you! LMAO!

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal… Bracketed coverage… DB in front, DB behind…. As in, between two brackets (x) …. Hence “bracketed”.

Bracketed doesn't equal no window.
No, there clearly ISN’T a window. The result of the play bore that out.

Yet the ball hit the receiver in the hands.

There was quite literally a window.
Saying, “He should’ve caught that” is not the same as saying “It’s his fault!” is some next level mental gymnastics in a pathetic attempt to make your original comment true.

Let's play a hypothetical.

A QB throws a ball high and the receiver has to jump to get it. Ball hits him in the hands but he loses control and drops it. DB catches it for an interception.

The WR could have and probably should have caught it. But it's not really his fault because the throw was off as well. You can, on the same play, say that the receiver should have caught it but the INT isn't really his fault either because the throw wasn't on point.

See how that works.

Now remove the throw wasn't on point. Insert defender made a great play. And you have what happened yesterday. Odunze should have caught the ball. It's not his fault it got picked off.

Not that hard to comprehend. Unless you're either an idiot or purposely being obtuse. And I think with you this morning it's a little from column A and a little from column B.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rome and Caleb will be fine.

This will be Eberflus' last season if this continues. He is ill-prepared, he has zero grasp of his roster and tools, there is never an identifiable game-plane or scheme, he makes stupid challenges and throws timeouts around like he has an unlimited supply of them? And every game seems the same, like the plan is, just keep it close so we have a chance to win on the last drive. Like he's allergic to just whipping a team's ass. Doesn't matter if we're playing a good team or a bad team, it's always the same.

I am over Flus. If Poles wanted to make a real statement about keeping HIS job, he should shitcan Flus sooner than later, and let the D coordinator interim shit.

Give him more time to work on cornball nick names like some tween girl.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this continues

If it continues.....??

Its going to......Its stuck in my mind we will end up last in the division and have another top 10 pick.
And at this point,Im not sure if its a good thing or bad thing......

We have not gotten to the tough part of our schedule yet.....

Bad thing is,this team did not make the changes to make this team better......no way is our oline getting better this year,we are stuck with it.....

Good thing is we will get 3 picks in top 40 to fix this oline and get a top def lineman and Eberflus is gone,possibly Poles too.(altho Id keep him for another year).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it continues.....??

Its going to......Its stuck in my mind we will end up last in the division and have another top 10 pick.
And at this point,Im not sure if its a good thing or bad thing......

We have not gotten to the tough part of our schedule yet.....

Bad thing is,this team did not make the changes to make this team better......no way is our oline getting better this year,we are stuck with it.....

Good thing is we will get 3 picks in top 40 to fix this oline and get a top def lineman and Eberflus is gone,possibly Poles too.(altho Id keep him for another year).
Well, if it were me in charge, he'd be gone already. I'd keep Poles, but Flus would've been gone yesteryear.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bracketed doesn't equal no window.

Yet the ball hit the receiver in the hands.

There was quite literally a window.

Let's play a hypothetical.

A QB throws a ball high and the receiver has to jump to get it. Ball hits him in the hands but he loses control and drops it. DB catches it for an interception.

The WR could have and probably should have caught it. But it's not really his fault because the throw was off as well. You can, on the same play, say that the receiver should have caught it but the INT isn't really his fault either because the throw wasn't on point.

See how that works.

Now remove the throw wasn't on point. Insert defender made a great play. And you have what happened yesterday. Odunze should have caught the ball. It's not his fault it got picked off.

Not that hard to comprehend. Unless you're either an idiot or purposely being obtuse. And I think with you this morning it's a little from column A and a little from column B.
You keep twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to justify your original stupid take. I’m done with you.

Fucking trifling!

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles has been the GM for three bloody years and this is what the the line looks like. Wasn't this guy an offensive lineman?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to justify your original stupid take. I’m done with you.

Fucking trifling!

You think there’s no window despite the ball hitting the receiver in the hands.

Which defies all logic.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if it were me in charge, he'd be gone already. I'd keep Poles, but Flus would've been gone yesteryear.

Poles has a good history of the draft and one great trade of Sweat, the rest.....ugh

I know this is hindsight Im talking here,but:

Keenan Allen,why oh why did Poles sign an aged always hurt wr.......I wonder how much playing time he will see rest of the season.......
Bates,hurt,plus he was just a Bills castoff that never really started.....
Traded Fields for a 6th,possibly a 4th cause hes this nice guy??(I think a bullshit story anyways)
Hows Justin working out now,worth more than a 6th,even a 4th??
Fuck that,this is the NFL,its not a nice enviroment to work in,and if players cant handle the enviroment they work in,then get the fuck out,cause this job is not for you.
Draft a punter with what,a 3rd or 4th,when there was bigger needs at dline and oline.....we did not need a punter.not one single one of us bitched about the position....dumb,especially with what little picks we had.
Claypool.....nuff said

Theres probably more,just cant remember right off hand.

But the shafting vs Carolina will keep his job afloat.....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think there’s no window despite the ball hitting the receiver in the hands.

Which defies all logic.
Hit the defender in the hand too!

No window.

This isn’t complicated, but you’re clearly desperate to “be right”.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Window
Bracket
Blanket
Football
Catch
Double