• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3: Bears (1-1) at Colts (0-2)

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myth NOT busted. Watch the fucking video instead of a cropped photo perhaps?

I literally watched the actual game.

And not the way you watch it where you're confused by everything you see. I saw it. And have seen countless replays now.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no, Odunze is NOT expected to catch that.

Maybe not by you. But you probably have to ask the guy sitting next to you what encroachment is.

If he was throwing that ball to Dante Pettis I'd say it's stupid to expect Pettis to catch that.

I expect the #9 overall draft pick to catch more of those balls in his career than he drops. And like I just said...in the end I do believe he will.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's a contested catch. By the very definition.

I doubt it because next Sunday when you watch football it's gonna be the first time again and someone is probably gonna have to explain holding to you.
There are literally thousands of variations of “contested catches”, and THAT is one scenario the WR is NOT expected to win! Plain and simple?

Have you ever touched a football? Tried to catch one? (Clearly not)…. It is damn near impossible when someone else’s hands are BETWEEN yours!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally watched the actual game.

And not the way you watch it where you're confused by everything you see. I saw it. And have seen countless replays now.
Clearly you didn’t

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are literally thousands of variations of “contested catches”, and THAT is one scenario the WR is NOT expected to win! Plain and simple?

Says you.

And I have a feeling you're not the authority on this. I could be wrong but I'm gonna go with my gut here.
Have you ever touched a football?

Played Division I college football, actually. On a really bad team, unfortunately. But yes. Many times.
Tried to catch one?

I managed to snag a few.
It is damn near impossible when someone else’s hands are BETWEEN yours!

Happens every week in the NFL though.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon Jones (The 2nd defender in the bracketed double coverage) is literally a yard away, but conveniently not in the picture you chose

He's a non-factor in the play until the ball is tipped in the air.

He can't stop Odunze from catching the ball. Which is why he's not part of the "blanketed" coverage.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean fuck! Listen to the fucking announcers why don’t you?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean fuck! Listen to the fucking announcers why don’t you?

The same announcers that kept saying Richardson needed to make the simple plays look easy?

Or then said the best thing the Bears could do is run the ball after watching 3 quarters of them not being able to run the ball?

Yeah...let's listen to those guys.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a non-factor in the play until the ball is tipped in the air.

He can't stop Odunze from catching the ball. Which is why he's not part of the "blanketed" coverage.
He’s a pretty big factor, considering he is the back defender (and part of aforementioned double coverage). If this is SINGLE coverage, it is not an interception!

See how that works?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same announcers that kept saying Richardson needed to make the simple plays look easy?

Or then said the best thing the Bears could do is run the ball after watching 3 quarters of them not being able to run the ball?

Yeah...let's listen to those guys.
Listen to the actual play call, fuckstick!

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a pretty big factor, considering he is the back defender (and part of aforementioned double coverage). If this is SINGLE coverage, it is not an interception!

If the first defender isn't there....can Jones do anything before the ball gets to Odunze?

Please answer that honestly.

Is there anything Jones can do to stop the catch from happening?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry harder, baby. Let's see how high we can get your child like whiny bitch mode to go this morning.
LOL! The only crying I’m doing is over the realization that people as stupid and obstinate as you exist.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! The only crying I’m doing is over the realization that people as stupid and obstinate as you exist.

Please answer this.

If the first defender isn't there....can Jones do anything before the ball gets to Odunze?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please answer this.

Nail him as he’s coming down with it. But no, not before.

Now, you answer honestly. If that ball is thrown just a little higher, or just a little farther, does Jones become SUPER relevant in breaking up that play?

Mmmhmmm, and obviously if it’s thrown any shorter than it was, Cross just picks it anyway.

So, what have we learned here, kids! That:

A) Ball shouldn’t have been thrown in the first place

B) There was no window to place that ball where one of the two defenders doesn’t have a play on the ball (That’s is what “bracketing” is, children!)

C) Only a colossal dumbfuck would see that and say it was Odunze’s fault.

Thus endeth the lesson.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nail him as he’s coming down with it. But no, not before.

So it's not blanketed double coverage then.
If that ball is thrown just a little higher, or just a little farther, does Jones become SUPER relevant in breaking up that play?

For sure. Which is why I said Williams threw a really good ball. It's exactly in the spot it has to be for the WR to catch it. The placement is outstanding.

The thing is...I'm not saying CW should have thrown that ball. I haven't seen All 22 so I don't know what else was going on over the rest of the field. Someone else could have been wide open. Or more more.

What I am saying is two things. One, it's a really good throw. Two, it could have and should have been caught.
A) Ball shouldn’t have been thrown in the first place

It's weird for this to be your first point because even on the live game thread I never argued this and said someone else may have been open. But sure.
B) There was no window to place that ball where one of the two defenders doesn’t have a play on the ball (That’s is what “bracketing” is, children!)

No. Bracketing is coverage. That's it. Coverage in front and back. By definition. It doesn't mean there isn't a window. It means the window becomes smaller.

And clearly there was a window because the ball got to the receivers hands without the receiver being off his route.

So far you have one meaningless point and one that literally couldn't be more wrong.
C) Only a colossal dumbfuck would see that and say it was Odunze’s fault.

Saying he should have caught it isn't saying it's his fault and he fucked up. He's a rookie too. And it's a contested ball.

I don't fault Odunze....as in I don't think he's to blame. You're gonna lose some contested catches. And the INT is a freaky one because it's a batted ball. A lot of times that's just an incomplete you can easily live with.

But a receiver can and should catch the ball. It's a catchable ball. Simple as that.

You can actually blame Williams for the decision. Just not the throw. Two different things.
Thus endeth the lesson.

You aren't equipped to teach fucking PreK-3 bud.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning after thoughts (amidst apparently a large amount of slapass going on about a rookie throwing a pick...Well done boys, I guess?):

What a demoralizing loss.

Every single one of our deficiencies has shown itself in these first 3 games in extreme ways...and sadly a new one has surfaced because our RB1 is meh.

The biggest deficiency, though, is Eberflus and his patchwork staff.

Anyone who has been watching games during the Eberflus era could have seen him f*cking up a game like yesterday's. Nothing has changed. This dude CANNOT be allowed to run a potential playoff team into the ground after we fill the offensive line holes this offseason.

I don't want to tank...That will never be my thing...But I hope it's possible that we can see some success while still it being clear that we need to move on after this season.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell ya how sick I am of watching Swift.

Indy gave up 237 rushing yards, in the first fucking half to the Packers last week, and they did it with downhill rushing. Averaging 237 against on the season fwiw.

Roschon should've carried the load today. It's fucking absurd that he just got his first playing time TODAY, and that it took a fucking season-ending injury to dumb fucking Travis Homer. Like what in the actual fuck? On what fucking planet is Homer getting actual touches on Offense over Johnson or Herbert for that matter? I could not possibly give any less fucks about his alleged Special Teams play either. It's ridiculous.

Eberflus is showing his fucking ass. He is outclassed on a weekly basis. This team is fucking loaded with talent, and they look like an undisciplined bunch of fucking tards out there.

Oh, and the Sweat FF was a total bullshit call and so was the Encroachment on the punt. Both huge plays in the game.
Olin just cut loose on the state of going 3 wide, expecting Carter to block a DE from the entire goal line situation.

Also mentioned how Sheldon made some post game comments that would probably have him benched on 28 other teams in this league instead of taking any responsibility.

Identity, I wonder if the players know what that is on offense.

Thing is, a few more of those deep passes hit and Caleb could have thrown for 500 yards, but here the coaches go out thinking themselves again. That indy team is gonna expect us to run the ball down their throats so they will be ready for it, we better try the finesse game.

On a side note, our backup LT per the depth chart is Kiran Amegadjie, but when Jones went down they brought Davis in and moved Pryor out there. Is he hurt and or not ready too?