• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3: Bears (1-1) at Colts (0-2)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think Poles would be good at Oline evaluation, but he just flat out sucks.
The Oline regression is just... stunning to me. The first few games of this season reminds me of 2010 and 2011 Martz September O-lines before he made adjustments.

How poor we are at run blocking? Man... That 4th and goal from the one was just a jailbreak. We might as well have told the O-line to take a nap for that play.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negatives are glaring and I won't dive in. Everyone will do enough of that until something changes. The most frustrating was the missed opportunities. We end two different drives at the one (if you include the hail Mary before half) and another with a red zone INT. We miss a long field goal. We dominated TOP and up until the defense gassed (rightfully) it felt like we controlled the game. Just embarrassing... the run game is embarrassing.

The positives are that Caleb actually did find somewhat of a rhythm throwing the ball - even if he was rough around the edges as well. We moved the ball for nearly 400 yards. Kmet had a big day and Rome Odunze showed up in a big way. Hopefully, sort of a break through game for each of them.

Odunze looks like he might just live up to the billing. Too early to say, though, of course.

Really want to see Keenan Allen back.

Play Johnson more. He seems to be better suited for this current shitshow of a situation. Swift is good in space - the issue is that we provide none of that for him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell ya how sick I am of watching Swift.

Indy gave up 237 rushing yards, in the first fucking half to the Packers last week, and they did it with downhill rushing. Averaging 237 against on the season fwiw.

Roschon should've carried the load today. It's fucking absurd that he just got his first playing time TODAY, and that it took a fucking season-ending injury to dumb fucking Travis Homer. Like what in the actual fuck? On what fucking planet is Homer getting actual touches on Offense over Johnson or Herbert for that matter? I could not possibly give any less fucks about his alleged Special Teams play either. It's ridiculous.

Eberflus is showing his fucking ass. He is outclassed on a weekly basis. This team is fucking loaded with talent, and they look like an undisciplined bunch of fucking tards out there.

Oh, and the Sweat FF was a total bullshit call and so was the Encroachment on the punt. Both huge plays in the game.
Game made me legitimately angry a few times. I haven't felt like that in a while. I've chilled out as the years go on, but I hit a boiling point on 2-3 occasions.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game made me legitimately angry a few times. I haven't felt like that in a while. I've chilled out as the years go on, but I hit a boiling point on 2-3 occasions.
We were expecting this team to be better. Usually we expected the shitty play, but this year was supposed to be different. Instead of being the best team that ever drafted a QB #1 over all, we’re the mirror image of the panthers last year. Poles is on the hot seat. This oline is inexcusable. The coaching is inexcusable. Every coach is on the hot seat. This is the year you get upset if the bears suck. And the bears still suck.

People really need to stop buying tickets and team merch and force the McCaskeys to sell. It’ll never happen though, that’s why we are where we are.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you stop being stupid I will stop calling you stupid.

You're welcome to begin at any time.
Nah, stand by it. Seen replay about 10 times now (Only really needed to watch it once) Caleb threw into double coverage. Nick Cross defended it as any DB should (His hand literally between Odunze’s hands to knock the ball away). And the 2nd defender picked it…

The STUPID assessment (YOUR assessment) of that play would be, “That is Odunze’s fault!”

Classic Dunning-Kruger Effect with you.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, stand by it. Seen replay about 10 times now (Only really needed to watch it once) Caleb threw into double coverage. Nick Cross defended it as any DB should (His hand literally between Odunze’s hands to knock the ball away). And the 2nd defender picked it…

The STUPID assessment (YOUR assessment) of that play would be, “That is Odunze’s fault!”

Classic Dunning-Kruger Effect with you.

My assessment of that play would actually be it's a great play by two defenders.

My assessment would also be it's a nice pass into a tight window that was thrown where the receiver could make a play.

My assessment would also be that if a receiver gets both hands on the ball...he should come down with the catch.

Because I'm silly like that. I'm logical and stuff.

It's amazing that you can watch a play ten times and still be wrong. It's actually astounding. That's a special talent you have.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a QB puts a ball on his receivers hands....he did his job.

If a receiver has his hands on the ball but doesn't come down with the catch....he didn't do his job.

It's simple.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assessment would also be that if a receiver gets both hands on the ball...he should come down with the catch.

THE DEFENDERS HANDS ARE LITERALLY IN BETWEEN! Not sure what fucking world you live in where he SHOULD make that catch! He made a great attempt at it. You, of course, have a nice cropped photo where you don’t see the back defender (Ya know… the one that ultimately intercepted the ball?).

But I see you are determined to die on Dumbfuck Mountain.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a receiver gets his hands on the ball...he has to catch it.

You draft guys like Odunze to make that catch.

You can call it a poor decision by Williams. Someone else on the field may have been more open. Haven't seen that part of the play yet. You can call it a great play by the defender and then a second great play by the second defender who gets the ball. You can say all that and you'd be correct.

What you can't say is that it's a bad throw. Because it just isn't. You also can't say he was blanketed...because he wasn't. A ball doesn't hit a blanketed receiver in the hands.

And what you also can't say is that Rome can't or shouldn't make that catch. Because he can and he should. Mostly because....that's like his job and stuff.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross literally has his hand on Odunze’s left hand. In BWW World, somehow Rome should be able to squeeze the ball AND the defenders hand , and somehow not drop the ball.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross literally has his hand on Odunze’s left hand. In BWW World, somehow Rome should be able to squeeze the ball AND the defenders hand , and somehow not drop the ball.

So you've never seen an NFL receiver catch a ball when he's being contacted by a DB?

Never in your life?

Do you even know what a contested catch is? Have you heard this term before?

I'm willing to help here. We can go slow and start with basics and figure out just where you need help the most.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a receiver gets his hands on the ball...he has to catch it.

You draft guys like Odunze to make that catch.

You can call it a poor decision by Williams. Someone else on the field may have been more open. Haven't seen that part of the play yet. You can call it a great play by the defender and then a second great play by the second defender who gets the ball. You can say all that and you'd be correct.

What you can't say is that it's a bad throw. Because it just isn't. You also can't say he was blanketed...because he wasn't. A ball doesn't hit a blanketed receiver in the hands.

And what you also can't say is that Rome can't or shouldn't make that catch. Because he can and he should. Mostly because....that's like his job and stuff.
Yeah, you CAN actually say all that. He was double covered/bracketed. Simple point. If that is single coverage? It isn’t an interception.

And it takes a special kind of dumbfuckery to claim you can’t hit a blanketed WR in the hands. It happens all the time. However, in this case, Odunze doesn’t really get his left hand on it. Cross has his hand there.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of these things can be true.

Caleb Williams made a bad decision. Caleb Williams made a really good throw.

Both of these things also can be true.

Odunze should have caught that ball. Defenders made a better play.

Saying a receiver should have caught the ball doesn't absolve the QB of a poor decision. It just means the ball should have still been caught.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you CAN actually say all that. He was double covered/bracketed.

When the ball hits him in the hands the 2nd DB isn't even in the picture yet.

So....you know...myth busted.
And it takes a special kind of dumbfuckery to claim you can’t hit a blanketed WR in the hands. It happens all the time. However, in this case, Odunze doesn’t really get his left hand on it. Cross has his hand there.

I'm gonna add blanketed to the list of things you don't actually understand. Right next to contested catch.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you've never seen an NFL receiver catch a ball when he's being contacted by a DB?

Never in your life?

Do you even know what a contested catch is? Have you heard this term before?

I'm willing to help here. We can go slow and start with basics and figure out just where you need help the most.
Contacted is one thing. Cross literally ALSO has his hand ON THE BALL IN BETWEEN ODUNZE’S HANDS!

Have I ever seen a WR make such a catch? Yes, but not often. And it is certainly not EXPECTED for a WR to come down with it in that scenario!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the ball hits him in the hands the 2nd DB isn't even in the picture yet.

So....you know...myth busted.

I'm gonna add blanketed to the list of things you don't actually understand. Right next to contested catch.
Myth NOT busted. Watch the fucking video instead of a cropped photo perhaps?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the defender wins.

That's where the word in contested in the phrase contested catch comes from.

You draft guys like Odunze at #9 overall to make more of those plays than the defenders does. I feel like in the long run he most definitely will.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contacted is one thing. Cross literally ALSO has his hand ON THE BALL IN BETWEEN ODUNZE’S HANDS!

Yeah. It's a contested catch. By the very definition.
Have I ever seen a WR make such a catch?

I doubt it because next Sunday when you watch football it's gonna be the first time again and someone is probably gonna have to explain holding to you.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of these things can be true.

Caleb Williams made a bad decision. Caleb Williams made a really good throw.

Both of these things also can be true.

Odunze should have caught that ball. Defenders made a better play.

Saying a receiver should have caught the ball doesn't absolve the QB of a poor decision. It just means the ball should have still been caught.
I’ll give you #1 with a caveat. Williams made a bad decision, but threw the ball about the only place he could have.

But no, Odunze is NOT expected to catch that.