• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox 8/23-8/25

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware players get tired and need rest. That's why as a manager you plan ahead and pick opportune times to give them rest. You know Elvis needs a breather within the next 5 days so you plan for his day at DH when they face a righty and Profar can be a bigger impact instead of a liability. Many other managers across baseball do the very same thing.

Managers do all kinds of things when there's a 162 games. You're entitled to your opinion but to me this is much ado about nothing.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually most rational people are not comparing Profar to be Trout or anybody. And no he is not over matched. Yes he's not lighting it up but he is not typically over matched when he's at the plate. It's part of the growing pains. Yes he's a 20 year old kid but wherever he is he needs to be playing A LOT. If he was in RR he'd be an everyday player but since he is with the big club he needs to be playing and there will be some growing pains.

The amount of times he's been caught looking and swinging at pitches way out of the zone says otherwise. Again, over the last 2 months and the entire season for that matter, no Rangers hitter including Murphy has a lower average against lefties than Profar.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is doing nothing against Santiago again...Darvish will be getting no help again tonight...

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managers do all kinds of things when there's a 162 games. You're entitled to your opinion but to me this is much ado about nothing.

If it's much ado about nothing, then why are several media members tweeting the exact same question I just had. It's a very legitimate point.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's much ado about nothing, then why are several media members tweeting the exact same question I just had. It's a very legitimate point.

That's fine they can do it. It's their job to do that otherwise they wouldn't have stuff to write about on a daily basis and blog about it. But we'll just agree to disagree :)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Refugee has already told you it's a legitimate point, but its not really anything to get too wound up about.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware players get tired and need rest. That's why as a manager you plan ahead and pick opportune times to give them rest. You know Elvis needs a breather within the next 5 days so you plan for his day at DH when they face a righty and Profar can be a bigger impact instead of a liability. Many other managers across baseball do the very same thing.
Will, Profar is a good of UIF as can be found. Wash most likely feels comfortable with him defensively and is willing to give a little at the plate to give these guys rest. Remember Wash was highly criticized last year and is doing a good job to see that doesn't happen again. I think he is doing the right thing.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine they can do it. It's their job to do that otherwise they wouldn't have stuff to write about on a daily basis and blog about it. But we'll just agree to disagree :)

That's fine, no hard feelings. He might come up with a big hit later on for all we know. I guess I just don't understand this whole sentiment from many that Profar must play at all costs. I know you don't want a promising rookie just growing stale on the bench. But you also don't want to jeopardize games down the stretch by forcing a 19 yr old kid into everyday situations that he's just not ready to handle. He's great already with the glove. And I'm super excited about his overall potential. But his poor average and his number of bad at-bats, especially with RISP, tell me he's not ready to be counted on at the plate in the final month of a pennant race. I'd sit him versus lefties, play him versus righties. His dramatic splits say it's the right call. Agree to disagree though like you said.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why you don't play Murphy in LF.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, no hard feelings. He might come up with a big hit later on for all we know. I guess I just don't understand this whole sentiment from many that Profar must play at all costs. I know you don't want a promising rookie just growing stale on the bench. But you also don't want to jeopardize games down the stretch by forcing a 19 yr old kid into everyday situations that he's just not ready to handle. He's great already with the glove. And I'm super excited about his overall potential. But his poor average and his number of bad at-bats, especially with RISP, tell me he's not ready to be counted on at the plate in the final month of a pennant race. I'd sit him versus lefties, play him versus righties. His dramatic splits say it's the right call. Agree to disagree though like you said.

If we were facing a tough lefty and a good team I'd agree with you more.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta start throwing that fastball more its been really unhittable tonight

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will, Profar is a good of UIF as can be found. Wash most likely feels comfortable with him defensively and is willing to give a little at the plate to give these guys rest. Remember Wash was highly criticized last year and is doing a good job to see that doesn't happen again. I think he is doing the right thing.

My whole point is that Wash can give Elvis, Kinsler, and Beltre all the rest they need against righties. Profar is a perfect sub on those nights. Just plan the nights off to maximize production from your reserves, that's all.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu needs to light a fire under his offense. We can light up Sale but can't put one across against Santiago. Frustrating.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughh.... They aren't even working the count anymore. At this rate, Santiago will pitch the 8th inning