• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox 8/23-8/25

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think health-wise there's a difference in resting Elvis tonight instead of 3 days from now?

You guys constantly hammer on Wash for little things like gambling on leaving a starter in for one too many batters but you give him a pass on an obvious lineup gaffe such as this one.

This is far from his worse lineup gaffe.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think health-wise there's a difference in resting Elvis tonight instead of 3 days from now?

You guys constantly hammer on Wash for little things like gambling on leaving a starter in for one too many batters but you give him a pass on an obvious lineup gaffe such as this one.

Not health wise as in injury prone but yes even ball players can get exhausted from a long season especially when you're in the dog days of August.

I don't think there's really a right answer here. Like I said prior that your strategy isn't wrong really but it's more much ado about nothing. And as for Wash I'm usually a big supporter of his.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe this has been answered already, but can someone explain to me why Darvish is still pitching strictly from the stretch? I am pretty sure he pitched from the windup in Japan and I thought the reasoning behind it last year was to get him comfortable in the majors and with the smaller baseball? so why is he still doing it?

It was an adjustment he made mid season last year.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's a tight pennant race but it's August 24th right now. He's up and down batting from the right side but he's also a guy that's still progressing and still has a good eye at the plate for many AB's. For today I am fine with it. If it's later on then we can look at it then but for tonight I think it's just fine.

Um, no. Incorrect. Profar is not "up and down" from the right side. Since late June his average from the right side has steadily plummeted. Over the last 2 months, he is hitting .150 as a righty.

You guys seem to be forgetting that this is a 19 year-old kid here. To expect him to just catch fire this season is unreasonable. He's not Mike Trout. Getting him as many at-bats as possible isn't going to solve anything other than take away at-bats from more experienced hitters like Moreland, Baker, Gentry, etc. who are better able to handle the majors as of now. Profar will be special at the plate in the near future, but he's clearly overmatched at this point. He's got plenty of opportunities for left-handed ab the rest of this season and switch-hitting ab during the offseason to improve.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe this has been answered already, but can someone explain to me why Darvish is still pitching strictly from the stretch? I am pretty sure he pitched from the windup in Japan and I thought the reasoning behind it last year was to get him comfortable in the majors and with the smaller baseball? so why is he still doing it?

Because its working.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not health wise as in injury prone but yes even ball players can get exhausted from a long season especially when you're in the dog days of August.

I don't think there's really a right answer here. Like I said prior that your strategy isn't wrong really but it's more much ado about nothing. And as for Wash I'm usually a big supporter of his.

Also Wash was criticized last year to grinding the starters to the ground which some attributed to our melt down in September.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. Incorrect. Profar is not "up and down" from the right side. Since late June his average from the right side has steadily plummeted. Over the last 2 months, he is hitting .150 as a righty.

You guys seem to be forgetting that this is a 19 year-old kid here. To expect him to just catch fire this season is unreasonable. He's not Mike Trout. Getting him as many at-bats as possible isn't going to solve anything other than take away at-bats from more experienced hitters like Moreland, Baker, Gentry, etc. who are better able to handle the majors as of now. Profar will be special at the plate in the near future, but he's clearly overmatched at this point. He's got plenty of opportunities for left-handed ab the rest of this season and switch-hitting ab during the offseason to improve.

Seriously, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Believe me, I would be the first person to jump on wash's ass for blatant stupidity. This isn't one of those times.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually most rational people are not comparing Profar to be Trout or anybody. And no he is not over matched. Yes he's not lighting it up but he is not typically over matched when he's at the plate. It's part of the growing pains. Yes he's a 20 year old kid but wherever he is he needs to be playing A LOT. If he was in RR he'd be an everyday player but since he is with the big club he needs to be playing and there will be some growing pains.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm aware players get tired and need rest. That's why as a manager you plan ahead and pick opportune times to give them rest. You know Elvis needs a breather within the next 5 days so you plan for his day at DH when they face a righty and Profar can be a bigger impact instead of a liability. Many other managers across baseball do the very same thing.