• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steeler fans is this believed to be true?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but Bell's head was set on trying to reset the RB market. Playing on the tag afforded him the luxury of deciding not to play on it the following season. I think the point is, PIT stepped up to the plate to pay a stud talent....in the end he took a slightly higher (guaranteed $) from a cap rich team with not much talent on OFC.

If it pans out like it appears that it could...the Jets will release Bell after this season and will have cashed $27 mil that deal slightly more than half the value of it, and will be back on the market as a FA again at 29 y/o.

Yeah, he was pretty much set to capitalize on Gurley's contract, which in retrospect looks like terrible decisions for both Bell and the Rams. More set-backs for RB's earning potential.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he was pretty much set to capitalize on Gurley's contract, which in retrospect looks like terrible decisions for both Bell and the Rams. More set-backs for RB's earning potential.

If the Giants don't have an established QB, it will be interesting to see what they do with Barkley.

My guess is they will follow the CAR panthers to some degree and pay him....with lots of roster bonuses of course.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants don't have an established QB, it will be interesting to see what they do with Barkley.

My guess is they will follow the CAR panthers to some degree and pay him....with lots of roster bonuses of course.

Panthers were in a slightly different position. McCaffrey is such a huge receiving threat that he almost isn't a RB necessarily. They could easily use him solely as a receiver and let someone else take all the hits in the middle. He's more like Kamara in that respect, should be interesting to see what he can get in his next deal coming up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers were in a slightly different position. McCaffrey is such a huge receiving threat that he almost isn't a RB necessarily. They could easily use him solely as a receiver and let someone else take all the hits in the middle. He's more like Kamara in that respect, should be interesting to see what he can get in his next deal coming up.

So right on his usage....far more like Kamara as a player. Actually they could be very similar with NYG in terms of being the biggest star on the team...and the team deciding to build around said star. That was my point more than anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right on his usage....far more like Kamara as a player. Actually they could be very similar with NYG in terms of being the biggest star on the team...and the team deciding to build around said star. That was my point more than anything.

No, I get that.