• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Season

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so will the Bortles Jaguars, Broncos (SB winner), 2015 Ravens, Broncos again (Tebow edition), and Packers (SB Winner)

Also 4 seasons of missing the playoffs entirely, where we would routinely lose games against trash teams like the Raiders, Bengals, Bears, Dolphins...

Say we get rid of Tomlin. Who is your replacement?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say we get rid of Tomlin. Who is your replacement?
I don't have a particular want. I think the Steelers know how to find that guy. I'd look at Lincoln Riley from College, Greg Roman from the Ravens, if you need a name though.

With Tomlin, we're certain to be the picture of stability, but also frustrating mediocrity.

We could do a lot worse, most teams do. I have higher expectations than just being good enough to make the playoffs 60% of the time.

It's not going to happen though. I know that. Tomlin bought some time with the way this season went, even with missing the playoffs.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a particular want. I think the Steelers know how to find that guy. I'd look at Lincoln Riley from College, Greg Roman from the Ravens, if you need a name though.

With Tomlin, we're certain to be the picture of stability, but also frustrating mediocrity.

We could do a lot worse, most teams do. I have higher expectations than just being good enough to make the playoffs 60% of the time.

It's not going to happen though. I know that. Tomlin bought some time with the way this season went, even with missing the playoffs.

I've seen Lincoln Riley's name mentioned and I think he would be the best option out there if we were to replace Tomlin. I'm very hesitant, however, about bringing in a college coach due to the lack of success from anyone that has made the jump. I think you hit the nail on the head, Mr. Hammer. We are a stable team, but for a team with our history of winning, it's hard to go 0-1 in the playoffs or be bested by a team that's not superior to us. And that, to us, is mediocre. Losing to trash teams like the Bears two years ago and the Jaguars with Blake Bortles is so fucking frustrating.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't give all credit to Shanahamn or Lafleur because both teams had their starting QB injured last year. With a healthy Jimmy G and A-Rod, this is how the Packers and 49ers should look. Sean McDermott is the real stand out here. 6-10 last year with everyone healthy. They add key pieces to the team in Frank Gore, Cole Beasley and they drafted very well with Ed Oliver, Knox and Singletary and here we are, the Bills are an 11 win team. As good as the 49ers and Packers were, I have to give it to McDermott because he had the same pieces to work with last year, while Shanahan had a backup QB last year and LaFleur inherited a healthy Aaron Rodgers this year.

You conveniently left out 2016 where we made it to the AFC title game and was probably our best shot at #7 since 2010. If the standard has been crap in Pittsburgh, then it's been crap in New Orleans as well, who have been to the same number of Conference title games, 1 more playoff win, 1 more division title and 4 losing seasons in the same timeframe as we are judging Tomlin by. Are Saints fans calling for Sean Payton's job?

Given this season, we have to have some perspective for next year. If Tomlin has a healthy roster next year, and the season isn't much better than this year, then I can get back into talking about replacing Tomlin. But I can't right now after this tragedy of a season that Tomlin made into, what would be considered as, a sub-par season for any team with a healthy roster.

You mean 2016 when they beat up on Miami who was down to their 3rd string QB in Moore? Or the average Chiefs team that came down to a penalty to stop the game from going into OT? How about their annual ass kicking the Patriots gave them? Well they were 2 of the 3 wins this decade for Coach Cliche in spite of all the top end talent they had. A HOF QB the entire decade. Bell who was one of the top RB's in the league. AB who was the best WR for 6 years and a top offensive line. Also a ridiculous amount of #1 picks on defense that under performed. Their 3rd win this decade was the Bengal meltdown. Are we supposed to be satisfied with those results?

The Saints have had no where near that talent level during the decade. Heck Payton was even suspended for one of those losing seasons which you conveniently leave out. So 3 7-9 seasons which is sooo much worse than the "3" 8-8 Tomlin produced with top end talent. The last couple years they finally got a top level RB and WR and look where they are. Can you name 1 superstar defensive player on the Saints during the last 10 years without looking it up. I can think of no one off the top of my head other than maybe Cameron Jordan. Should have made the Super Bowl last year and one of the top records this year. You know actual results. When you have the talent you need to win with it. Plus Payton doesn't shit the bed EVERY year and lose 2 games to god awful teams. You know a staple of the Tomlin regime.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean 2016 when they beat up on Miami who was down to their 3rd string QB in Moore? Or the average Chiefs team that came down to a penalty to stop the game from going into OT?

Matt Moore was Tannehill's backup and was 2-1 in the regular season in filling in for him. Also, that "average" Chiefs team was 12-4 and had the 7th ranked defense and 13th ranked offense in the league. Let's not pretend that we beat crappy playoff teams to get to New England.

How about their annual ass kicking the Patriots gave them?

This is an every year thing. We can't beat New England in the playoffs in New England so that's par for the course for this team.

Are we supposed to be satisfied with those results?

I'm not saying that we should be. I'm just saying that we are putting the negative things in bold, but when it comes to the positive things, they are written in smaller font and forgotten about, for some reason.

Heck Payton was even suspended for one of those losing seasons which you conveniently leave out. So 3 7-9 seasons which is sooo much worse than the "3" 8-8 Tomlin produced with top end talent.

Payton has had 4 7-9 seasons. 2007 and 2014-2016. Didn't include 2012 in my original statement. Payton had one of the best QBs in the league's history. They had Michael Thomas for the last 4 years, Brandin Cooks from 2014-2016, 10 years of a top 10 offense, 3 years of a top 10 defense. Why is 3 in quotations? Tomlin only has had 3 8-8 seasons, no need for quotations.

Can you name 1 superstar defensive player on the Saints during the last 10 years without looking it up.

Cameron Jordan, Vonn Bell and Marshon Lattimore.

Plus Payton doesn't shit the bed EVERY year and lose 2 games to god awful teams.

Saints lost to the Falcons (7-9) this year, Buccaneers (5-11) last year, Panthers (6-10) in 2016. No, it's not 2 games a year, but it's still a yearly thing for Payton and the Saints.

Is Tomlin Bill Cowher? No. Is Tomlin Bill Belichick? No. But we know that he's a winner. If we keep expecting him and this team to be the same team and have the same success as we did 10 years ago after losing massive pieces to both sides of the ball, Le'Veon, AB, Polamalu, Harrison, Heath Miller, Hines Ward, we are going to be disappointed every year. I mean 2005 and 2006, we lost to god awful teams as well and Cowher was the coach then. 05, we lost to a 6-10 Ravens team. In 06, we lost to a 4-12 Raiders team and a 6-10 Ravens team twice. So I think we need to stop pretending this is just a Tomlin issue because it's happened with Cowher also.

At the end of the day, Tomlin shouldn't just be judged by his accomplishments or his short comings. He should be judged by both equally, hence why I was all for firing him after 2017 due to how out of control the locker room was and how we probably had the most underwhelming season in Steelers history. 13-3 with nothing to show for it. But, after this year, I feel like Tomlin has the locker room back in control and I feel like this team has a fire and a fight in them that they didn't have the last few seasons. 8-8 with our backup and 3rd string QB and with a jigsaw puzzle piece offense made up of rookies and practice squad RBs and WRs. He's won a lot of respect amongst Steeler fans and rightfully so and, in my opinion, if we don't capitalize on this next year, we can 100% have a different conversation.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this bullshit coming from an idiot who stated, Connor would never replace Bell.....We need to move on from Big Ben....and Joe Haden was garbage.

This jag-off doesn't know the difference between a dick and a dildo. What's the point in conversing with him. He feels his opinion is fact and your opinion is wrong....why do you think the sissy-Mary has me on Iggy??? He got all butt hurt because I kept calling him out on his stupidity. He's a narcissistic twat.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this bullshit coming from an idiot who stated, Connor would never replace Bell.....We need to move on from Big Ben....and Joe Haden was garbage.

This jag-off doesn't know the difference between a dick and a dildo. What's the point in conversing with him. He feels his opinion is fact and your opinion is wrong....why do you think the sissy-Mary has me on Iggy??? He got all butt hurt because I kept calling him out on his stupidity. He's a narcissistic twat.

Has Connor replaced Bell production-wise? The statistics say that he hasn't. He's injured half the time and can't play a full year. Connor is injury prone and will not replace Bell unless he can stay healthy.

Joe Haden was garbage for all but 3-4 games this year. The statistics say he wasn't a factor for most of the year.

I don't think that I've ever said we need to move on from Ben, I've said that we need to plan for life without him and that he's making piss poor decisions with the ball in critical times. I've been critical of Ben, but I don't think I've ever said we need to move on from him.

I definitely know the difference between a dick and a dildo, totally different feelings. :D:D

I don't feel like my opinion is fact. I feel like the facts I present support my opinion. I'm just not open to YOUR opinions because, like it or not, you're the same way that I am.

I don't have you on ignore, I've chosen to steer clear from anything you say as you literally have nothing constructive to bring to a conversation aside from slinging insults. Why would I want to conversate with someone like that?

I'm not narcissistic, I'm arrogant. There's a difference.

You can proceed with your typical Psych-Ward response with insults and name-calling and ignorance and no substance whatsoever because that's all you come at me with. You got free-range because this is the 1 time a year that I even entertain responding to whatever ignorant bullshit you say.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Connor replaced Bell production-wise? The statistics say that he hasn't. He's injured half the time and can't play a full year. Connor is injury prone and will not replace Bell unless he can stay healthy.

Joe Haden was garbage for all but 3-4 games this year. The statistics say he wasn't a factor for most of the year.

I don't think that I've ever said we need to move on from Ben, I've said that we need to plan for life without him and that he's making piss poor decisions with the ball in critical times. I've been critical of Ben, but I don't think I've ever said we need to move on from him.

I definitely know the difference between a dick and a dildo, totally different feelings. :D:D

I don't feel like my opinion is fact. I feel like the facts I present support my opinion. I'm just not open to YOUR opinions because, like it or not, you're the same way that I am.

I don't have you on ignore, I've chosen to steer clear from anything you say as you literally have nothing constructive to bring to a conversation aside from slinging insults. Why would I want to conversate with someone like that?

I'm not narcissistic, I'm arrogant. There's a difference.

You can proceed with your typical Psych-Ward response with insults and name-calling and ignorance and no substance whatsoever because that's all you come at me with. You got free-range because this is the 1 time a year that I even entertain responding to whatever ignorant bullshit you say.

You got more shit than an outhouse at a taco buffet.
Check your history, you have always promenaded your opinion as fact and still do.
Connor did replace Bell, and that chaps your ass....sure he's been injured most of the year....but as you put it, check your stats....he did better and still does. Healthy bell 3.2 average per carry and 3 TDs....Connor 7.4 and 4 TDs....looks better to me. But you only see what you want. Haden....not hearing about a DB all year seems like a pretty good thing....not a lot of WRs beating him in the secondary....but I'm sure you don't get that. As far as Big Ben.....bitch please, you've said more than once it's time to move on from him. As you've dangled from Rudolph's jock.

As for you being arrogant, you are an arrogant narcissistic prick....As for name calling, you opened that door long ago. So now it gets hot in the kitchen and you can't take the heat.....oh the irony. Typical snowflake....don't call me names asshole. Start your shit then run and hide. And what would I want to bring to the table constructive when all you do is argue your opinion is right and no one, in your eyes, has a bit too contribute because after all your opinion is fact. Which is totally understandable for you jumping on the Tomlin bandwagon. His mediocrity of this team is acceptable to you because he like you believe he's great. He couldn't do it with a stacked team and can't do it with an inept team. And tries to blind people with the big words and bullshit spewing from his pie hole.....just like you. He can't cut it, and you opinion and self centered bullshit opinions don't cut it.

My Psych-Ward mentality tells me you should be locked up in a padded room, wouldn't want you to cut yourself or try to hang yourself, maybe eat some tide pods. Keep thinking you're clever or your opinion is all that matters.....you've folded on more than one occasion, but your superior inferiority complex won't allow you to accept others opinions or rationalize others people as equal individuals....and I get paid for a living kicking individuals to the ground for ignorance just like yours. I'd happily give a free demonstration....my neck of the woods, they would line up to share opinions.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok I stand corrected but I would hardly call that game and the Bengal game impressive wins. Maybe KC I can give you. One decent playoff win since 2010 with all that talent speaks volume. Like I said before are you satisfied with that?

Maybe if Tomlin teams didn't shit the bed against multiple inferior opponents every year they wouldn't have to make the trip to Foxboro but like everything you give him a pass for that.

I guess we can agree to disagree. You think I am tough on Tomlin? I just expect more when the talent is there for a Super Bowl run. I'm not sure why you defend him so much.

I'm not sure why you even bring up Payton and the Saints at all and to compare the talent level is laughable. They never had a window like the Steelers did with Ben, Bell, AB, that OL. Not all at the same time until maybe now but I still think they Steelers had more talent the last few years than the Saints do now. If I were a Saints fan and now that they have Brees, Kamara, and Thomas and they come up empty perhaps I would be calling for a change but they did beat the defending champs Eagles last year and should have beat the Rams and not get rolled by "lesser" teams like the Steelers consistently do under Tomlin.

I'd hardly call Jordan, Bell, and Lattimore superstars.

Steelers
2018 lost to Raiders (4-12), Broncos (6-10), tied the Browns (7-8-1)
2017 lost to Bears (5-11), they win that game they don't have to go to New England
2016 lost to Eagles (7-9), Baltimore (8-8)
2015 lost to Baltimore twice (5-11) win those games and they challenge the Bengals for the division
2014 lost to Bucs (2-14), Browns (7-9), Jets (4-12), Saints (7-9). Win these games and could have been the #1 seed. Of course they got rolled AGAIN by the Ravens at home in the playoffs.

See a pattern? That's not even taking into account losing to the Browns, Jets, and Ravens backups this year.

Who said anything about Cowher? I think he was overrated as well although I give him credit for winning most of his career with garbage QB's. It wasn't until Big Ben arrived that he won his first Super Bowl. Afterward he checked out and it was well known he was retiring. He should have retired after his Super Bowl win because 2006 was a disaster. Its funny how you mention losing all of those players as an excuse when they left but fail to see his mediocre results with them. It took me a few years to see it but the leadership provided by the players during the Cowher regime was never replaced by Tomlin. Instead he allowed players to run the ship and created so many egos which resulted in a splintered locker room.

I fail to see how an 8-8 season means much. They essentially beat no one outside of the Rams. Not a single team they beat is going to the playoffs. Plus they lost to 2 losing teams and an team of backups. Did they do it with backup QB's? Sure, but lots of teams have injured players. Why didn't they get a competent backup? Who's fault is that? I seem to recall the Eagles win it all with a backup. Of course Tomlin fans instead sit and marvel at that 8-8 record and worship yet another disappointing season. I can't say I'm surprised because like I have said numerous times they didn't win with talent so I knew they wouldn't win without it. At least now they have a built in excuse for the disappointing season.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I stand corrected but I would hardly call that game and the Bengal game impressive wins. Maybe KC I can give you. One decent playoff win since 2010 with all that talent speaks volume. Like I said before are you satisfied with that?

Maybe if Tomlin teams didn't shit the bed against multiple inferior opponents every year they wouldn't have to make the trip to Foxboro but like everything you give him a pass for that.

I guess we can agree to disagree. You think I am tough on Tomlin? I just expect more when the talent is there for a Super Bowl run. I'm not sure why you defend him so much.

I'm not sure why you even bring up Payton and the Saints at all and to compare the talent level is laughable. They never had a window like the Steelers did with Ben, Bell, AB, that OL. Not all at the same time until maybe now but I still think they Steelers had more talent the last few years than the Saints do now. If I were a Saints fan and now that they have Brees, Kamara, and Thomas and they come up empty perhaps I would be calling for a change but they did beat the defending champs Eagles last year and should have beat the Rams and not get rolled by "lesser" teams like the Steelers consistently do under Tomlin.

I'd hardly call Jordan, Bell, and Lattimore superstars.

Steelers
2018 lost to Raiders (4-12), Broncos (6-10), tied the Browns (7-8-1)
2017 lost to Bears (5-11), they win that game they don't have to go to New England
2016 lost to Eagles (7-9), Baltimore (8-8)
2015 lost to Baltimore twice (5-11) win those games and they challenge the Bengals for the division
2014 lost to Bucs (2-14), Browns (7-9), Jets (4-12), Saints (7-9). Win these games and could have been the #1 seed. Of course they got rolled AGAIN by the Ravens at home in the playoffs.

See a pattern? That's not even taking into account losing to the Browns, Jets, and Ravens backups this year.

Who said anything about Cowher? I think he was overrated as well although I give him credit for winning most of his career with garbage QB's. It wasn't until Big Ben arrived that he won his first Super Bowl. Afterward he checked out and it was well known he was retiring. He should have retired after his Super Bowl win because 2006 was a disaster. Its funny how you mention losing all of those players as an excuse when they left but fail to see his mediocre results with them. It took me a few years to see it but the leadership provided by the players during the Cowher regime was never replaced by Tomlin. Instead he allowed players to run the ship and created so many egos which resulted in a splintered locker room.

I fail to see how an 8-8 season means much. They essentially beat no one outside of the Rams. Not a single team they beat is going to the playoffs. Plus they lost to 2 losing teams and an team of backups. Did they do it with backup QB's? Sure, but lots of teams have injured players. Why didn't they get a competent backup? Who's fault is that? I seem to recall the Eagles win it all with a backup. Of course Tomlin fans instead sit and marvel at that 8-8 record and worship yet another disappointing season. I can't say I'm surprised because like I have said numerous times they didn't win with talent so I knew they wouldn't win without it. At least now they have a built in excuse for the disappointing season.

I'm definitely not satisfied with 8-8. I don't think anyone aside from teams with a history of losing records would be satisfied with that. All I'm saying is 8-8 where none of our starters or 2nd string guys were healthy is an accomplishment of it's own. Teams with their regular starters weren't able to finish with an 8-8 season like we did.

Cameron Jordan has made the Pro Bowl the last 3 years, he's an all-pro for the 2nd year in a row. Lattimore has improved year after year and made the Pro Bowl 2 out of the last 3 years. Vonn Bell might not be a superstar so I'll throw that one away.

Only reason why I bring up Cowher is because he's really the only other coach we can compare to. Some fans are comparing this era of Tomlin teams to the era of Cowher teams to show how much better of a coach Cowher was and how Tomlin is trash. Most who make that comparison don't have the perspective to know that it's been different eras of football, different rules and different coaching styles.

I'm not saying we don't lost to trash teams, but there are many other coaches out there with multiple losing records and that lose to trash teams just like we do. Payton is one example and I don't see Saints fans calling for Payton's job. I bring up the Saints because they have the same playoff success we do and multiple losing seasons in the same timeframe we are judging Tomlin by and the talent at WR and RB that they've had on the team didn't compare to Bell or AB, but they still have had top 10 offense and defenses throughout Payton's tenure.

I don't think it's fair for this season to be held against Tomlin due to all the injuries. I won't be. Tomlin had nothing to work with. We should've had a losing season this year. Yet the team came together, the defense stood up and we were able to somewhat salvage this season. I personally can't put this season on Tomlin as a negative.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm definitely not satisfied with 8-8. I don't think anyone aside from teams with a history of losing records would be satisfied with that. All I'm saying is 8-8 where none of our starters or 2nd string guys were healthy is an accomplishment of it's own. Teams with their regular starters weren't able to finish with an 8-8 season like we did.

Cameron Jordan has made the Pro Bowl the last 3 years, he's an all-pro for the 2nd year in a row. Lattimore has improved year after year and made the Pro Bowl 2 out of the last 3 years. Vonn Bell might not be a superstar so I'll throw that one away.

Only reason why I bring up Cowher is because he's really the only other coach we can compare to. Some fans are comparing this era of Tomlin teams to the era of Cowher teams to show how much better of a coach Cowher was and how Tomlin is trash. Most who make that comparison don't have the perspective to know that it's been different eras of football, different rules and different coaching styles.

I'm not saying we don't lost to trash teams, but there are many other coaches out there with multiple losing records and that lose to trash teams just like we do. Payton is one example and I don't see Saints fans calling for Payton's job. I bring up the Saints because they have the same playoff success we do and multiple losing seasons in the same timeframe we are judging Tomlin by and the talent at WR and RB that they've had on the team didn't compare to Bell or AB, but they still have had top 10 offense and defenses throughout Payton's tenure.

I don't think it's fair for this season to be held against Tomlin due to all the injuries. I won't be. Tomlin had nothing to work with. We should've had a losing season this year. Yet the team came together, the defense stood up and we were able to somewhat salvage this season. I personally can't put this season on Tomlin as a negative.

Are you really saying that none of our starters or second string players were healthy. Exaggerate much? The Steelers had some injuries but I don't think they were worse than most teams.

QB - Big Ben missed 14 games of course that is rough but Brees missed 5 games and they didn't seem to not miss a beat
RB - Conners missed 6 games but they were always going to go with a RB by committee so that doesn't hurt that much
WR - Ju Ju missed 4 games, Washington missed 1 game, Johnson 0
TE - McDonald missed 2 games
OL - Feiler, Decastro, and AV played in every game. Pouncey missed 1 game due to injury and 2 to being an idiot. Foster missed 2 games and that may have been a blessing

On defense other than Tuitt who missed any significant time?

Heyward and Hargrave played in every game
LB were healthy (Barron 1 game missed and Williams 2 and they rotated the entire year
Nelson missed 1 game, Haden played in all 16 as did Edmunds and Fitz played every game once he arrived.

So Big Ben, Tuitt and maybe Conner. That is a far cry from every starter and backup was injured.

Tomlin was average at best this year. Part of my frustration is fans saying he should be coach of the year. Are you kidding me? There are numerous other coaches that are much more deserving (Harbaugh, Lafleur, Shanahan to name a few). Tomlin fanboys had a built in excuse once Ben went down. Go ahead and give him a pass. they're not going to fire him and I suspect he will retire or leave once Big Ben retires. We shall see.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really saying that none of our starters or second string players were healthy. Exaggerate much? The Steelers had some injuries but I don't think they were worse than most teams.

QB1 (Ben) - Missed 14 games
QB2 (Mason) - Missed 2 games
RB1 (Conner) - Missed 4 games
RB2 (Jaylen) - Missed 1 game
RB3 (Snell) - Missed 3 games
FB (Rosie) - Missed 14 games
WR1 (JuJu) - Missed 4 games
WR2 (Washington) - Missed 1 game
WR3/PR (Switzer) - Missed 7 games
TE1 (Vance) - Missed 1 game
TE2 (X) - Missed 2 games
Ramon Foster - Missed 2 games
Maurkice Pouncey - Missed 1 game

Having moving pieces every single game doesn't help the offense click or get into any sort of rhythm. With seeing all those guys that missed time due to injury, I don't think that saying "none of our starters or second-string players were healthy" is an exaggeration. Not to mention, we had to sign guys from the PS to fill in slots (Kerrith Whyte, Tony Brooks-James, Trey Edmunds, Deon Cain, Johnny Holton, Amara Darboh) and we had to trade away a draft pick to get a healthy TE (Nick Vannett).

On defense other than Tuitt who missed any significant time?

Defense wasn't the problem this year. Injuries seemed to only plague the offensive side of the ball. But...

Sean Davis - Missed 14 games
Anthony Chickillo - Missed 3 games
Vince Williams - Missed 2 games

Nothing really can be said about how good the defense was this year. Pretty lights out for most of the 2nd half of the season. In the last 10 games, our defense only game up more than 17 points in a game 3 times.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
QB1 (Ben) - Missed 14 games
QB2 (Mason) - Missed 2 games
RB1 (Conner) - Missed 4 games
RB2 (Jaylen) - Missed 1 game
RB3 (Snell) - Missed 3 games
FB (Rosie) - Missed 14 games
WR1 (JuJu) - Missed 4 games
WR2 (Washington) - Missed 1 game
WR3/PR (Switzer) - Missed 7 games
TE1 (Vance) - Missed 1 game
TE2 (X) - Missed 2 games
Ramon Foster - Missed 2 games
Maurkice Pouncey - Missed 1 game

Having moving pieces every single game doesn't help the offense click or get into any sort of rhythm. With seeing all those guys that missed time due to injury, I don't think that saying "none of our starters or second-string players were healthy" is an exaggeration. Not to mention, we had to sign guys from the PS to fill in slots (Kerrith Whyte, Tony Brooks-James, Trey Edmunds, Deon Cain, Johnny Holton, Amara Darboh) and we had to trade away a draft pick to get a healthy TE (Nick Vannett).

Defense wasn't the problem this year. Injuries seemed to only plague the offensive side of the ball. But...

Sean Davis - Missed 14 games
Anthony Chickillo - Missed 3 games
Vince Williams - Missed 2 games

Nothing really can be said about how good the defense was this year. Pretty lights out for most of the 2nd half of the season. In the last 10 games, our defense only game up more than 17 points in a game 3 times.

You lose all credibility when you include Switzer.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like ive said in other threads, what more do people want. Multiples have lauded sean payton as an elite coach. He chokes again, at home, to fricken kirk cousins......more losing season, multiple crap loses just like tomlin

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we talk about tomlin has wtf losses, but a stud like payton does not,

how about to the vikes at home 7.5 point favs, or to the 2-7 falcons this year

Losing to the bucs opening day

losing to the 5-11 bucs week 17........

7-9 season

7-9 season

7-9 season

loss to the 5-4 at the time jets who finished 8-8 with rex ryan
loss to the 6-8 rams when they were 10-4

i didnt go back any further.....but i see three consecutive losing seasons, and wtf losses each year? but far superior coach.......

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we talk about tomlin has wtf losses, but a stud like payton does not,

how about to the vikes at home 7.5 point favs, or to the 2-7 falcons this year

Losing to the bucs opening day

losing to the 5-11 bucs week 17........

7-9 season

7-9 season

7-9 season

loss to the 5-4 at the time jets who finished 8-8 with rex ryan
loss to the 6-8 rams when they were 10-4

i didnt go back any further.....but i see three consecutive losing seasons, and wtf losses each year? but far superior coach.......

Personally I have never called Payton an elite coach. Does he have some bad losses each year? Sure most coaches have 1 or maybe 2 on a bad year.

Yeah that 2017 loss in week 17 was a terrible loss. They had very little to play for. Much like the Ravens in week 17 this year. Oh wait.

Hey remember when the Saints lost to Tim Tebow in the playoffs as a huge favorite? Good times.

From 2007 - 2018 , road teams as a double digit favorite are 60-11. Care to take a stab at the cheerleader who owns 4 out of those 11 losses in the entire NFL?

I would take Payton over Tomlin as a coach any day of the week. He may give you one bad loss every year but not the 2-3 that the cheerleader produces.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I have never called Payton an elite coach. Does he have some bad losses each year? Sure most coaches have 1 or maybe 2 on a bad year.

Yeah that 2017 loss in week 17 was a terrible loss. They had very little to play for. Much like the Ravens in week 17 this year. Oh wait.

Hey remember when the Saints lost to Tim Tebow in the playoffs as a huge favorite? Good times.

From 2007 - 2018 , road teams as a double digit favorite are 60-11. Care to take a stab at the cheerleader who owns 4 out of those 11 losses in the entire NFL?

I would take Payton over Tomlin as a coach any day of the week. He may give you one bad loss every year but not the 2-3 that the cheerleader produces.
So U like others point out 1 game specifically. And 4 games who cares the score that they lost as favs. Games payton lost as well And had stretches of consecutive losing seasons. .. .... and many in here have said Payton is far far superior. Why? He's had loaded rosters, a hall of fame qb, and wallowed in medicority I'm losing at times. Same thing here with Tomlin. I'm looking for hard examples and facts here. We always want more and to win. But again, he was an example people use as a better coach, why?

but yeah

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also saints are the first 13-3 team to lose in the wild card round , ever.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Moore was Tannehill's backup and was 2-1 in the regular season in filling in for him. Also, that "average" Chiefs team was 12-4 and had the 7th ranked defense and 13th ranked offense in the league. Let's not pretend that we beat crappy playoff teams to get to New England.

This is an every year thing. We can't beat New England in the playoffs in New England so that's par for the course for this team.

I'm not saying that we should be. I'm just saying that we are putting the negative things in bold, but when it comes to the positive things, they are written in smaller font and forgotten about, for some reason.

Payton has had 4 7-9 seasons. 2007 and 2014-2016. Didn't include 2012 in my original statement. Payton had one of the best QBs in the league's history. They had Michael Thomas for the last 4 years, Brandin Cooks from 2014-2016, 10 years of a top 10 offense, 3 years of a top 10 defense. Why is 3 in quotations? Tomlin only has had 3 8-8 seasons, no need for quotations.

Cameron Jordan, Vonn Bell and Marshon Lattimore.

Saints lost to the Falcons (7-9) this year, Buccaneers (5-11) last year, Panthers (6-10) in 2016. No, it's not 2 games a year, but it's still a yearly thing for Payton and the Saints.

Is Tomlin Bill Cowher? No. Is Tomlin Bill Belichick? No. But we know that he's a winner. If we keep expecting him and this team to be the same team and have the same success as we did 10 years ago after losing massive pieces to both sides of the ball, Le'Veon, AB, Polamalu, Harrison, Heath Miller, Hines Ward, we are going to be disappointed every year. I mean 2005 and 2006, we lost to god awful teams as well and Cowher was the coach then. 05, we lost to a 6-10 Ravens team. In 06, we lost to a 4-12 Raiders team and a 6-10 Ravens team twice. So I think we need to stop pretending this is just a Tomlin issue because it's happened with Cowher also.

At the end of the day, Tomlin shouldn't just be judged by his accomplishments or his short comings. He should be judged by both equally, hence why I was all for firing him after 2017 due to how out of control the locker room was and how we probably had the most underwhelming season in Steelers history. 13-3 with nothing to show for it. But, after this year, I feel like Tomlin has the locker room back in control and I feel like this team has a fire and a fight in them that they didn't have the last few seasons. 8-8 with our backup and 3rd string QB and with a jigsaw puzzle piece offense made up of rookies and practice squad RBs and WRs. He's won a lot of respect amongst Steeler fans and rightfully so and, in my opinion, if we don't capitalize on this next year, we can 100% have a different conversation.

"In 06, we lost to a 4-12 Raiders team and a 6-10 Ravens team twice."

This is incorrect. The Ravens won the division and were one of the best teams in the conference in 2006. And I believe the Raiders were 2-14 that year

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its BEEN time for the Steelers to bring in a new voice, and a new cadre of coaches. Anyone who cant see that is blind