• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steeler fans is this believed to be true?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, not very many teams pay RB's big contracts so Conner is probably gone. With JuJu, if they don't want to pay him a big contract, i suppose they could tag and trade him after this season?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been tough for Juju without Antonio there to take the defense away.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner is nice, but he can't stay on the field. Good story, but if you can't depend on him to be there, you need to look elsewhere.

JuJu, My heart wants him to stay. I love his game. I want him to retire as a Steeler. But I won't question the Steelers if they let him walk considering their track record of replacing pro-bowl WR's with new and cheaper pro-bowl WR's.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“A pair of Pittsburgh Steelers explosive offensive players are heading into their contract year and could be looking to join new teams in 2021. In a Q&A session with Steelers fans, Ed Bouchette of The Athletic said that he believes it is “not likely” that the team re-signs wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and running back James Conner.

More precisely, when asked about the potential of Pittsburgh re-signing the players, Bouchette said “no” in regards to Conner and “not likely” regarding Smith-Schuster.”

Steelers planning on letting JuJu walk?

Conner...explosive, but injury prone. It depends. If he finishes the season without any major injuries...history says his production will be good enough to get an offer from PIT...will it be enough? idk. If the Steelers move more towards RB by committee...his chances to stay are better imo....as a 250+ carry feature RB...I don't think so.

Juju...he struggled LY, had an injury himself, but with a legit NFL QB Juju is a 1,000 WR. Does all the little things, blocks, etc...good locker room guy. I expect Juju to be resigned.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are notoriously cheap.

Based on what? Who?

The last Steeler that left that absolutely should have been resigned was Rod Woodson....that was '97...20+ yrs ago.

Who you got recently? Bell?...they foolishly offered Bell $15 mil per...the Jets had more G$, so thankfully he's a Jet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been tough for Juju without Antonio there to take the defense away.

And tougher with two QBs, one who may never start another NFL game in his lifetime...the other...he's starting to look like a career back up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at all these people thinking the Steelers are cheap... But then again these are fans of teams that have a more difficult time drafting talent so they typically have more cap available to spend in FA.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers let everyone go.

Juju is about to get the Antonio and Leveon treatment because he's too good a player for the Steelers to pay.
SHOCKED to see you in here.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who says a team who is always up against the cap is cheap is a complete and utter idiot just seeking attention. These types are usually found in dirty cesspools like Philadelphia. Or in the fanbase of failed franchises like the Eagles.

If Conner stays healthy and puts together a monster season and JuJu returns to form with Ben back (Ben's good at making #2's look like #1's) the Steelers are going to have some interesting decisions next offseason.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tougher with two QBs, one who may never start another NFL game in his lifetime...the other...he's starting to look like a career back up.
They could have been smart and gotten a backup like the Eagles have done. The Steelers didn't learn from their brutal mistake. Same exact QB room as last year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHOCKED to see you in here.
Can't miss taking another piss at the Steelers.

It's hilarious how they can't win anymore, but their Public Relations team has the fans testicles in a vice grip anyway.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have been smart and gotten a backup like the Eagles have done. The Steelers didn't learn from their brutal mistake. Same exact QB room as last year.

I don't disagree with that at all...there were guys out there too.

While I think Rudolph will be better equipped this time, but will his improvement be enough to keep them in contention? Probably not.

No one really knows what Hurts is at this level, but I liked the move. The kid had done nothing but win at the college level.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“A pair of Pittsburgh Steelers explosive offensive players are heading into their contract year and could be looking to join new teams in 2021. In a Q&A session with Steelers fans, Ed Bouchette of The Athletic said that he believes it is “not likely” that the team re-signs wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and running back James Conner.

More precisely, when asked about the potential of Pittsburgh re-signing the players, Bouchette said “no” in regards to Conner and “not likely” regarding Smith-Schuster.”

Steelers planning on letting JuJu walk?

If JuJu thinks he's a #1, he's gone. It seems pretty clear that he isn't. Conner has some talent, but if he can't stay on the field, how much do you pay him? Tough calls with 2 players that probably think they should get big time contracts.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at all these people thinking the Steelers are cheap... But then again these are fans of teams that have a more difficult time drafting talent so they typically have more cap available to spend in FA.

or they give a HC who hasn't coached in NFL for 1O years 100 mill contract and hire a guy with no NFL experience as GM

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too question it’s validity. Juju had a down year last year but I put a lot of that on not having Ben in there. I guess time will tell.

Big difference from being a #2 with AB drawing double-coverage to being the #1 trying to draw double-coverage off the kids at #2 and 3. Losing Ben was definitely a factor too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with that at all...there were guys out there too.

While I think Rudolph will be better equipped this time, but will his improvement be enough to keep them in contention? Probably not.

No one really knows what Hurts is at this level, but I liked the move. The kid had done nothing but win at the college level.

The could still add Cam if Ben goes down again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who says a team who is always up against the cap is cheap is a complete and utter idiot just seeking attention. These types are usually found in dirty cesspools like Philadelphia. Or in the fanbase of failed franchises like the Eagles.

If Conner stays healthy and puts together a monster season and JuJu returns to form with Ben back (Ben's good at making #2's look like #1's) the Steelers are going to have some interesting decisions next offseason.

The two cannot coexist in the same room....cheap and always up against the cap.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Who?

The last Steeler that left that absolutely should have been resigned was Rod Woodson....that was '97...20+ yrs ago.

Who you got recently? Bell?...they foolishly offered Bell $15 mil per...the Jets had more G$, so thankfully he's a Jet.
He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Steelers are always up at the edge of the cap.