• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of Demands for the 2021 Season

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, just to add to the JuJu and Chase attitude issues I have, Dwayne has a BIGGER ONE. Partying with strippers during COVID. Got stripped of his C patch and benched and ultimately FIRED. Yeah, WHAT A GOOD MOVE!
Wasn’t that after he got benched too?

Point being, he’ll act out if he gets frustrated.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then he'll get cut There is almost nothing invested in keeping him here. And the Steelers would still own his RFA next year if he does pan out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then he'll get cut There is almost nothing invested in keeping him here. And the Steelers would still own his RFA next year if he does pan out.
Yep. More of a concern for down the road if he does pan out.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Aunt just told me Vance McDonald retired. I haven't checked it though and she might be drunk.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the physical tools. He needs to mature and learn the game better (He declared a year too early IMO), and develop better decision making.

Some development will teach him to hit open RB's in the flat that he was missing trying to Hero the ball in Wash.

And being cheap means the Steelers might be willing to let him run the ball, which Wash wasn't doing last year to keep him healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, but they have two years to see if he matures.
Hopefully by then his maturity skyrockets. If Tomlin can wrangle the likes of AB & Bell then I have a feeling we won’t hear much about Haskins for 2021. At least not if Ben is still QB1. And we probably won’t hear anything about character issues until money gets involved...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben had even worse maturity issues early on, and he worked out.

Not just getting in trouble out on the street, but some of his teammates hated his guts.

I'm willing to roll those dice, and I'm glad the Steelers are too.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're inteviewing Hank Fraley? The guy who presided over an offensive line and running game just as bad as ours?

Wow. Tomlin really is serious about maintaining his reputation of surrounding himself with terrible staff.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're inteviewing Hank Fraley? The guy who presided over an offensive line and running game just as bad as ours?

Wow. Tomlin really is serious about maintaining his reputation of surrounding himself with terrible staff.
Yeah, I'm not liking that one whatsoever.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was too. But here's the timeline as far as I can tell from reading articles and what not.

- Haskins was benched prior to the Week 5 game against the Los Angeles Rams due to coaches being unimpressed with his work ethic and performance.
- He was fined $4,833 for breaking COVID-19 protocols for making a reservation for a family friend at the team hotel in New York prior to a game against the Giants, which was Week 6.
- He remained the team's backup until the Week 14 against the San Francisco where he played in the second half after Alex Smith left the game.
- He then started the following week's game against the Seattle as Smith had yet to recover and threw for 295 yards and one touchdown with two interceptions during a 20–15 loss. Following the game, Haskins was photographed attending his girlfriend's birthday party without wearing a face mask. Due to breaking COVID-19 protocols again, he was fined $40,000 by the team and lost his status as a captain.
- He still started the next game against the Panthers but was benched for Taylor Heinicke in the fourth quarter after throwing 14 of 28 for 154 yards and two interceptions, finishing with a passer rating of 36.9.
- He was released the day after, with head coach Ron Rivera saying he believed that it benefited both parties if they went their separate ways. The move came after other reports of him making poor decisions and not meeting the team's standards off the field.

Seems like he doesn't like to follow rules. That's a red flag.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was too. But here's the timeline as far as I can tell from reading articles and what not.

- Haskins was benched prior to the Week 5 game against the Los Angeles Rams due to coaches being unimpressed with his work ethic and performance.
- He was fined $4,833 for breaking COVID-19 protocols for making a reservation for a family friend at the team hotel in New York prior to a game against the Giants, which was Week 6.
- He remained the team's backup until the Week 14 against the San Francisco where he played in the second half after Alex Smith left the game.
- He then started the following week's game against the Seattle as Smith had yet to recover and threw for 295 yards and one touchdown with two interceptions during a 20–15 loss. Following the game, Haskins was photographed attending his girlfriend's birthday party without wearing a face mask. Due to breaking COVID-19 protocols again, he was fined $40,000 by the team and lost his status as a captain.
- He still started the next game against the Panthers but was benched for Taylor Heinicke in the fourth quarter after throwing 14 of 28 for 154 yards and two interceptions, finishing with a passer rating of 36.9.
- He was released the day after, with head coach Ron Rivera saying he believed that it benefited both parties if they went their separate ways. The move came after other reports of him making poor decisions and not meeting the team's standards off the field.

Seems like he doesn't like to follow rules. That's a red flag.
Well luckily for the Steelers his leash will be incredibly short while he’s here. No supervision necessary. He’s gotta know that this is one of his last chances to resurrect his career. Tomlin should be able to rein him in.

He could become another tik-tok star... so there’s that

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case this year he becomes another tik-tok star
That's worst case for Haskins personally. Worst case for the Steelers is we have yet another growing and plaguing attitude problem in the locker room but this time with a 3-headed monster in JuJu, Chase and Haskins. I'd love to be optimistic about this guy but there's been nothing but problems with him since he was drafted and it's not like his play on the field is good enough to justify dealing with his attitude and ego.

But what's done is done. It is what it is. Here's to hoping that he either improves drastically and is able to be a solid starting QB for us or he sucks badly (so for him, plays normally) and doesn't even make the PS.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's worst case for Haskins personally. Worst case for the Steelers is we have yet another growing and plaguing attitude problem in the locker room but this time with a 3-headed monster in JuJu, Chase and Haskins. I'd love to be optimistic about this guy but there's been nothing but problems with him since he was drafted and it's not like his play on the field is good enough to justify dealing with his attitude and ego.

But what's done is done. It is what it is. Here's to hoping that he either improves drastically and is able to be a solid starting QB for us or he sucks badly (so for him, plays normally) and doesn't even make the PS.
One other thing to add... @Wamu said this:
His character was even questioned by Meyer before the WTF drafted him. He called DH very immature. As far as his skills. Well that team that drafted him never used him right. So he got off to a very bad start.

He should have never been a 1st round pick. Dumbass decision to take him at # 12 in the first place, or was it #15? His skills. Well that's the tough one. He wasn't used right or coached right in Washington. And that shouldn't be held against him.

Even though he's now with the Steelers (what a disgusting thought) I wish him the best

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing to add... @Wamu said this:
I've seen him over-throw screen passes, under-throw wide-open receivers so I can't fully agree that it's all based on how WFT chose to use him or mis-use him, but that Washington front office is horrendous so I do believe and that he wasn't used properly there. I think Rivera could've gotten him in check but Rivera had to be there from the start. Haskins' attitude had already surfaced and reared it's ugly head. Like I said I hope for the best but my expectations are extremely low right now. I'm really really hoping that he's used his 2020 season as a lesson and he grows up from this.

For once, I'd like to talk about the Steelers and not have to utter the words "I hope he grows up". Jesus Christ. :L:L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen him over-throw screen passes, under-throw wide-open receivers so I can't fully agree that it's all based on how WFT chose to use him or mis-use him, but that Washington front office is horrendous so I do believe and that he wasn't used properly there. I think Rivera could've gotten him in check but Rivera had to be there from the start. Haskins' attitude had already surfaced and reared it's ugly head. Like I said I hope for the best but my expectations are extremely low right now. I'm really really hoping that he's used his 2020 season as a lesson and he grows up from this.

For once, I'd like to talk about the Steelers and not have to utter the words "I hope he grows up". Jesus Christ. :L:L
Agreed. I’m over this team trying to Work players with character concerns. Honestly this Haskins signing reminds me a lot of the Justin Gilbert acquisition a few years back.