• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of Demands for the 2021 Season

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson might be our OC and Dwayne Haskins apparently is the future at the QB position for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Holy fucking shit.
Is it Tomlin's goal to burn this ship down before he leaves?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with Haskins. 1 year deal, he's competing in camp. If he wins a job good, if he gets cut, I'm fine with that too.

There should be some competition. They certainly aren't 'set' with Mason and Dobbs.

Hue is a hard pass, and an absolute fucking no. It's appalling he's even being considered.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Tomlin's goal to burn this ship down before he leaves?
From a video I just saw, Tomlin and Haskins share the same agent...so...that's probably got something to do with it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with Haskins. 1 year deal, he's competing in camp. If he wins a job good, if he gets cut, I'm fine with that too.

There should be some competition. They certainly aren't 'set' with Mason and Dobbs.

Hue is a hard pass, and an absolute fucking no. It's appalling he's even being considered.
I'm fine with competition but what is the actual value of this competition? Based on what I've seen, he's a 3rd string QB at best right now and needs a few more years to learn behind someone. Ben is that guy, but how much longer to we then give Ben to play?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a video I just saw, Tomlin and Haskins share the same agent...so...that's probably got something to do with it.
I remember Tomlin being pretty high on Haskins in the draft that year.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada wants a mobile QB.

Haskins (and Dobbs) fits that better than Rudolph.

Haskins was productive at OSU. He was a high 1st round pick for a reason. And he was cut in the middle of year 2 for a reason.

I don't have any problem with them giving him a 2nd chance on a 1 year deal.

We know Rudolph can't ever be the guy. We're only pretty sure Haskins can never be the guy. But maybe he can backup The Guy.

I'm 100% ready to at least see what he can do in camp. This isn't Washington.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the competition that Haskins gives Mason, but is it even gonna be good competition? Like, if we're gonna give Mason competition for the backup role, at least make sure that the competition will make Mason a better QB in the end. Whether he wins the backup role or loses it, make sure that it makes him better. Because if he's better and he loses out to Haskins, that MUST mean that Haskins is better than an improved-2-years-in-a-row Mason Rudolph right? IDK, only time will tell I guess.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada wants a mobile QB.
Already got one on the roster. Build him up and improve him. Spend this money elsewhere.
Haskins (and Dobbs) fits that better than Rudolph.
Debatable. I like the mobile QB option, but I can't say that Haskins or Dobbs is a better fit OVERALL.
I don't have any problem with them giving him a 2nd chance on a 1 year deal.
Depends on how much that year is gonna cost us.
We know Rudolph can't ever be the guy. We're only pretty sure Haskins can never be the guy. But maybe he can backup The Guy.
We don't know Rudolph can't ever be the guy. Some of us THINK that he can't ever be the guy, but some of us think that he improved this year from last year and has the potential. Haskins was given the job by the coaches in Washington because he was the best QB on the roster at the time to win them games. They were DEAD WRONG. Mason was thrown in due to necessity, not choice. So Dwayne was handed the keys to a team and shit it away. Mason caught the keys to the team in mid-air and just kinda had to run with it and almost pulled off a playoff birth. If anything, that shows me that Dwayne Haskins is the one that we know can't ever be the guy and Mason Rudolph is the one that we're pretty sure can't be the guy. Washington didn't start winning games til Alex Smith stepped in.
This isn't Washington.
They beat us. We made it to the same place in the playoffs as they did. We won our division as they did. We were one and done in the playoffs like they were. So...what's the difference here? Both coaching staffs don't seem to know what the fuck they are doing but at least the coaching staff in Washington were able to handle their locker room shit and put together some decent football in the 2nd half of the season.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, just to add to the JuJu and Chase attitude issues I have, Dwayne has a BIGGER ONE. Partying with strippers during COVID. Got stripped of his C patch and benched and ultimately FIRED. Yeah, WHAT A GOOD MOVE!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Rudolph has a cap hit this year of $1,247,867.

I'm fine with a 1-year deal at or near that.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Rudolph has a cap hit this year of $1,247,867.

I'm fine with a 1-year deal at or near that.
Vet minimum is what Haskins is worth in my opinion. I'd rather trade up and draft Mac Jones from Bama than sign this guy with his scrub playing and his already existing attitude problem that will just get WORST once he spend time in our locker room because two of the most popular guys on our team just love to open their big fat mouths and talk shit their on-the-field-play can't cash.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vet minimum is what Haskins is worth in my opinion. I'd rather trade up and draft Mac Jones from Bama than sign this guy with his scrub playing and his already existing attitude problem that will just get WORST once he spend time in our locker room because two of the most popular guys on our team just love to open their big fat mouths and talk shit their on-the-field-play can't cash.
They absolutely did. cash the checks.

Other players on the team shit the bed, but JuJu and Chase played well enough to win the game.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely did. cash the checks.

Other players on the team shit the bed, but JuJu and Chase played well enough to win the game.
Chase has dropping issues. 6 drops and 3 fumbles this year. JuJu is fine on the field but they are, or at least were, talking shit like we were still playing. There's a time to shit talk and a time to shut the fuck up and the last 6 games was the time to shut the fuck up but they just couldn't help themselves.

They aren't the big problems on this team statistics wise and performance wise, but attitude wise, they are the two biggest egos on the team.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picture this...

Week 1, September 2021. Mike Tomlin is the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers and calling the plays on offense is Hue Jackson, who last was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns from 2016-2018. He went 3-36 with the Browns. Big Ben gets hurt in the first half and to start the 2nd half, out comes our backup QB to play the rest of the game for us, and his name is Dwayne Haskins. Haskins is 3-10 as a starting QB and has more career INTs than TDs.

Man, 2021 is gonna be GREAT!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was 'Quarterback, Jack Shmo', signing this contract, no one would care.

The Steelers have signed four players to Reserve/Future contracts, including defensive back Stephen Denmark, quarterback Dwayne Haskins, tight end Charles Jones and tight end Dax Raymond.

Denmark was selected by the Chicago Bears in the seventh round of the 2019 NFL Draft, the 238th overall pick. He was on the Bears' practice squad for the 2019 season and through Week 5 of the 2020 season. Denmark played college football at Valdosta State.

Haskins was drafted in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft, the No. 15 pick overall, by the Washington Football Team. He has completed 267 of 444 pass attempts for 2,804 yards (60.1%) with 12 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in two seasons. In 2020 he completed 148 of 241 passes for 1,439 yards, five touchdowns and seven interceptions, before being released by Washington.

Haskins played college football at Ohio State where he finished third in the Heisman Trophy race in 2018. He finished his college career completing 413 of 590 passes (70%) for 5,396 yards, 54 touchdowns and nine interceptions. In 2018 he had 373 completions for 4,831 yards and 50 touchdowns and eight interceptions.
Jones was signed to the Steelers practice squad on Nov. 17, 2020. He had previously been on the practice squads for Jacksonville and Buffalo. Jones had 40 receptions for 268 yards and five touchdowns in his college career at Tulane.

Raymond signed with the Steelers during training camp but was waived/injured. He originally signed with the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent out of Utah State in 2019. He spent a portion of the season on the Bears practice squad and then signed a reserve/future contract with the team after the season. He was signed to the Green Bay Packers practice squad in November 2020. While at Utah State, Raymond had 72 receptions for 873 yards and three touchdowns in 27 games.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins to Pittsburgh works 1 of two ways:

1. Haskins improves, grows up and matures to the point where HE can be a solid starter.
2. The competition Haskins brings to Mason makes Mason improve that much more to the point where HE can be a solid starter.

My issues though are:

1. How long is this going to take? This would mean that Ben would have to be on the roster past next year in or further so Haskins can learn behind Ben.
2. How much competition can Haskins REALLY bring to a competitive QB camp?

Only time will tell and I really hope I get proven wrong, but I think this signing is going to be a waste of money. Hopefully it's not too much money.

Last edited:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a competitive QB camp right now.

It's just trotting out the same schmucks.

Now it's the same schmucks plus a new schmuck.