• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of Demands for the 2021 Season

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really worth it. Join the other flip flopping ofer reactions. Same crowd that ran cowher off, then long for his days
It was worth it when you first addressed it but suddenly it isn't now? I'm all for devotion to a coach, I had that same devotion to Tomlin a few years ago, but the bottom line is this: After a few years of making all these organizational changes and positional changes at QB, WR, RB and practically every single position on the field and nothing has changed and we as a team haven't improved at all, you gotta begin looking at what hasn't changed since our success has just faded away starting a decade ago. We've changed a whole bunch of personnel since 2010 but the only constants on this team in the last 5 years that can make a real impact to the organization would be Keith Butler, Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert and Art Rooney II. There's gonna come a point in time where those 4 are gonna have to answer REAL questions from fans about what changes will be made in the offseason. Because a few more years of this type of performance is gonna be unacceptable and it will create a mutiny within Steeler Nation. When that happens, think back to these days, where after being BLOWN OUT by a division rival who hasn't won a playoff game since 1992 it was still somewhat calm to be part of Steeler Nation. Where it was thought as a "flip flopping over reaction" instead of "Man, we should've done that back then". If nothing changes, these will be the happier days to look back on in comparison to what will be dark dark days ahead unless real improvement is made. What they do this offseason will show me and fans who feel like me exactly how dedicated they are to regaining that Steeler success and doing right by their fans. We all watch a team that talks all this shit but can't back it the fuck up anymore. We can't be talking shit and dance on opponents logos for Tik Toks and then get our shit pushed in for 5 1/2 out of the last 6 games. We shouldn't be talking shit about the Browns getting clapped next week after they EMBARRASSED US last week in a playoff game. Tomlin needs to get a hold of this locker room OR Colbert needs to get a hold of Tomlin. Something NEEDS to change. Consistently successful and 10+ year tenured coaches like Belichick, Payton, Carroll or Harbaugh don't need to put these types of fires out and stop this type of social media bullshit.

FYI (in the last 10 years):
Bill Belichick - 16-6 in the playoffs, 3 Super Bowl titles, 5 AFC Titles, 8 AFC Title Games, 9 division titles
Sean Payton - 5-5 in the playoffs (didn't coach 2012), 1 NFC Title Game, 5 division titles
Pete Carroll - 9-7 in the playoffs, 1 Super Bowl title, 2 NFC Titles, 2 NFC Title Games, 4 division titles
John Harbaugh - 7-4 in the playoffs, 1 Super Bowl title, 1 AFC title, 2 AFC Title Games, 4 division titles
Mike Tomlin - 3-6 in the playoffs, 1 AFC Title Game, 4 division titles

These numbers mixed with the locker room struggles we've had over the last 3 years are the main reasons why fans are calling for Mike Tomlin to be fired. Let me be very clear, I don't think he should be fired right now. But he should be feeling a bit of the heat AND it's only a matter of time if things don't turnaround that he will be in the hot seat.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fichtner, Sarrett and Bradley all gone!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking interesting:

The Steelers have allowed 93 points in their past two playoff appearances, but do not blame defensive coordinator Keith Butler for the leaky defense.​
As he has done for most of the season, if not longer, Tomlin called all the defensive signals against the Browns. In the past, Tomlin and Butler would often split the play-calling.​
“We functioned the way we normally function tonight,” Tomlin said after the game.​

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We functioned the way we normally function tonight,” Tomlin said after the game.

This. This right here is the fucking mentality we DO NOT NEED! We functioned normally tonight? Is that good enough for you, asshole?!!?!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beerfest GIF by memecandy
Hey Gam Gam is a whore!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye felecia. Fuck outta here

Fuck Sarrett. Happy they weren’t buyin his BS. Unmistakable how bad the O-line got when he took over.

And Fuck Bradley. He was supposed to be some sort of DB tactician. All about fundamentals. It wasn’t until Teryl Austin was hired & Minkah came in before the secondary looked good.

Fichtner had a lot of cards stacked against him over the previous 2 seasons but he rarely did anything to improve the situation. Coaches scared all the time. Not a bad system, just a terrible & stubborn play caller. And got way too predictable. No feel for situational coaching at all. Rarely schemes against an opponents weakness, rather just stuck to what has sorta worked for him. 3rd/4th down & RZ deficiencies were too polarizing. Time to start fresh with the offense.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. I’m fine with Butler, but if Tomlin is serious about achieving goals then he needs to back off. I shouldn’t be surprised Tomlin is callin plays. We thought this might have been the case back in 2018.

His aggressive play calling is great for stat padding every year, but much like Fichtner he’s not a great situational coach, often just way too damn predictable.

This TomLer defense ain’t cutting it when it matter most.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's everyone's thoughts on if the Steelers promote Matt Canada to OC?

My take: If Fichtner is rightfully demoted or fired, then its probably going to be the move that Tomlin wants to make. I don't think Canada was brought in to remain an assistant. I fully believe the team knew they were going to need to start transitioning the offense. Ben on his final years of contract and the O-line in flux. But the problem lies with Ben. Canada's offense in college required a mobile QB that can throw on the run: bootlegs, rollouts, motion everywhere, and a lot of play action. Given how immobile Ben looked this year, I just have no idea how that offense would work if they brought back Ben for 1 more year. Unless Canada is some sort of made offensive genius that tailors it perfectly to Ben... But I don't see that happening. His offense lives & dies by that motion pulling the defense in different directions. I'm not optimistic that Ben could be mobile enough for that role. If Ben chooses to stay under a restructured contract, then maybe they put off installing Canada's offense another year?

Honestly if Canada gets promoted then it most likely means the end of Ben Roethlisberger. They may have already told Ben, and they are waiting until he makes his decision before they announce it.
Bump

Oh Canada. And @Superbelt posted a link sayin the Steelers & Ben want to give it 1 more ride.

So will Canada change your his mobile offense because Ben hates play action & he’s no longer mobile?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump

Oh Canada. And @Superbelt posted a link sayin the Steelers & Ben want to give it 1 more ride.

So will Canada change your his mobile offense because Ben hates play action & he’s no longer mobile?
Iirc his mobile offense is really pre-snap motion.

Not based in actual QB running.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iirc his mobile offense is really pre-snap motion.

Not based in actual QB running.
Still lots of rollouts, boots, RPOs, misdirects... His college offenses hinged on mobile QBs.

But I doubt he would try to mold Ben into that sort of offense.

I guess my point is, I don’t want them to hinder Canada’s offense just to suit Ben. In other words delaying the new offensive scheme just because of Ben. If that were the case then why not just let Fichtner run it for 1 more year?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would be fitting to post this here. I wrote these quotes on February 8th, 2018. Seems like we are having the SAME issues for the last 3 years.

Le'Veon Bell, Martavis Bryant and Antonio Brown all had their hissy fits publicly.
2020 version: JuJu Smith-Schuster and Chase Claypool all had their hissy fits publicly.
For me, 2018 is a defining year for the Steelers. This team needs to be the Steelers team of old. We went 13-3 last year and lasted 2 hours in the Playoffs. We need to draft better, we need to get a hold of our players better. There's no reason for the outbursts by Bryant and Brown this year. It's embarrassing and it is definitely a distraction whether the team wants to admit it or not. The players were already talking about playing and beating the Patriots before we even beat the Jaguars!!!
2020 version: This team needs to be the Steelers team of old. We went 12-4 and lasted 20 minutes in the playoffs. We need to get a hold of our players. There's no reason for the outbursts by JuJu and Chase this year. It's embarrassing and it is definitely a distraction whether the team (or fans) want to admit it or not. The players were talking shit about a team that JUST demolished us in the first round of the playoffs!!!
This all has to stop and it needs to be stopped right now. Someone needs to get in that locker room and say "Wake the fuck up!". The offseason moves that need to be made, NEED TO BE MADE. We need an answer as to how long Ben is gonna play.
2020 version: This all has to stop and it needs to be stopped right now. Someone needs to get in that locker room and say "Wake the fuck up!". The offseason moves that need to be made, NEED TO BE MADE. We need an answer to how long Ben is gonna play and what the plans are for life after he retires.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the culture that Tomlin has created... A cast of self-entitled assholes

DnQmDLGXcAALFw8.jpg

DnQmDLDX4AMEtuc.jpg
Remember this @FaCe-LeE-uS ?

I believe that same culture is growing in that locker room. Seems like Bud grew up from this though. Haven't heard too much off the field since this.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this @FaCe-LeE-uS ?

I believe that same culture is growing in that locker room. Seems like Bud grew up from this though. Haven't heard too much off the field since this.
Yep. Amidst my heated hate for Tomlin after 2017... I was not too kind with him for a while.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Matt Canada is Ben’s new bobo,” Madden said. “He’s not qualified to have the job. He’s never been a coordinator in the National Football League. But he will do what Ben wants. And all that gimmicky stuff? The jet sweep, the motion. Ben doesn’t want to do that. That’s been proven. Ben doesn’t want to start over with a new (offensive coordinator) or a new offense. Ben just wants to do what Ben wants to do.”

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we are taking half measures instead of finding a solution and implementing it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we are taking half measures instead of finding a solution and implementing it.
Catering to Ben... Plain & simple.

He's earned that right to go out on his terms, but it sucks for us because it feels like we already know what the outcome will be.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben kinda earned the right to be catered to.

We don't want him going out like Bradshaw.

But that article shitting on Canada's elevation pulls heavily from Mark Madden, and he's a disgusting bloated whale carcass of hate.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catering to Ben... Plain & simple.

He's earned that right to go out on his terms, but it sucks for us because it feels like we already know what the outcome will be.
Absolutely.

"We need to do something about the OC so what will piss Ben off the least...?"

He's earned it. But honestly, what's he thinking? He's gonna get killed out there next year behind that line.