• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steeler fans is this believed to be true?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference from being a #2 with AB drawing double-coverage to being the #1 trying to draw double-coverage off the kids at #2 and 3. Losing Ben was definitely a factor too.
if JuJu was playing with Ben, he'd have still gone over 1k yards.

With the two grocery baggers that he had to catch passes from this year, he did what he could.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Steelers are always up at the edge of the cap.

A lot of us were crushed when they let Woodson walk...and in the 3 Rivers days when they didn't have much stadium generated revenue and the TV money wasn't like it is now...the Steelers did have a rep of drafting, coaching up and letting talent walk...reportedly, they just didn't have the funds to pay those big signing bonuses. Some owners literally took out biz loans to pay those signing bonuses back in the day. TV was huge, but Jerry Jones opening up stadium revenues striking his own in stadium supplier deals and maximizing corp suite revenue was a game changer around the league. Moving to Heinz Field and the TV money change the financial landscape in PIT for sure.

Again, that was a long time ago...the only other guy I can remember was the CB they lost to FA... Keenan Lewis...they really thought Cortez Allen was the better player or at least his equal...they were wrong of course, but I don't think that one was all about money.

They let Wallace go, he was a bust. Emmanuel Sanders was a developing player...finally was able to stay healthy his last season.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S
A lot of us were crushed when they let Woodson walk...and in the 3 Rivers days when they didn't have much stadium generated revenue and the TV money wasn't like it is now...the Steelers did have a rep of drafting, coaching up and letting talent walk...reportedly, they just didn't have the funds to pay those big signing bonuses. Some owners literally took out biz loans to pay those signing bonuses back in the day. TV was huge, but Jerry Jones opening up stadium revenues striking his own in stadium supplier deals and maximizing corp suite revenue was a game changer around the league. Moving to Heinz Field and the TV money change the financial landscape in PIT for sure.

Again, that was a long time ago...the only other guy I can remember was the CB they lost to FA... Keenan Lewis...they really thought Cortez Allen was the better player or at least his equal...they were wrong of course, but I don't think that one was all about money.

They let Wallace go, he was a bust. Emmanuel Sanders was a developing player...finally was able to stay healthy his last season.
Yep, the Steelers let supposed marquee talent walk all the time, and fail to sign splashy FA guys. Some people who aren't paying attention like us don't really understand what's really going on.

Invariably the players they let walk never do much of anything, so it was the right move. Manny was one of the few who thrived after leaving Pittsburgh. Keenan had one good year after he left, then he ended up injured.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers can't make the playoffs anymore. Interesting.

Tell me the last time the Steelers went three years without a division title?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JuJu thinks he's a #1, he's gone. It seems pretty clear that he isn't. Conner has some talent, but if he can't stay on the field, how much do you pay him? Tough calls with 2 players that probably think they should get big time contracts.

Juju comes off as a team player, at least in the media, but everyone wants to get paid the maximum too...while he embraced the WR1 role last year...he didn't have the QB, nor the supporting cast to pull it off. I agree he's not a #1, but I don't want to base it off '19. My guess is Juju is a second contract Steeler, but I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it...if he hit's FA, you never know what can happen.

Conner's chances improve if they shift from the feature back to RB by committee.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if JuJu was playing with Ben, he'd have still gone over 1k yards.

With the two grocery baggers that he had to catch passes from this year, he did what he could.

He'd have to almost double his stats to get 1K, that might be a bit of an overstatement. He would've been better, sure, but 2X?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Who?

The last Steeler that left that absolutely should have been resigned was Rod Woodson....that was '97...20+ yrs ago.

Who you got recently? Bell?...they foolishly offered Bell $15 mil per...the Jets had more G$, so thankfully he's a Jet.

I think the whole Bell situation (including his down year last year) is much different if they could've found middle ground the year prior. A year off doesn't seem to be a plus for many players, unless injury plagued.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd have to almost double his stats to get 1K, that might be a bit of an overstatement. He would've been better, sure, but 2X?
How many Steelers games did you watch last season?

Neither of those QB's had any place on a field. Mason sucked from beginning to end, and it didn't take long at all to figure out Duck and neuter him.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference from being a #2 with AB drawing double-coverage to being the #1 trying to draw double-coverage off the kids at #2 and 3. Losing Ben was definitely a factor too.

Agreed, maybe with Ben back and if Washington picks up some slack and ClayPool plays well JuJu can not have all the attention on him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, maybe with Ben back and if Washington picks up some slack and ClayPool plays well JuJu can not have all the attention on him.

Claypool is interesting, great hands. Only question is whether he can get enough separation at the next level.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Steelers games did you watch last season?

Neither of those QB's had any place on a field. Mason sucked from beginning to end, and it didn't take long at all to figure out Duck and neuter him.

As few as possible, as they were a terrible bore. I realize all of that, but still projecting 2x is a bit strong IMO.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As few as possible, as they were a terrible bore. I realize all of that, but still projecting 2x is a bit strong IMO.
They were half the QB Ben Roethlisberger is. It was incredibly bad and frustrating.

Also, JuJu only played in 12 games. He missed 4 with injury, including several games after a brutal concussion he took from Greedy Williams. Extrapolate his yardage for the 4 games he missed and he would have been over 700.

In the first two games with Ben (And really the 2nd game was only partly with Ben), he had 162 yards. If he continued that pace he would have been over 1200 yards on the season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were half the QB Ben Roethlisberger is. It was incredibly bad and frustrating.

Also, JuJu only played in 12 games. He missed 4 with injury, including several games after a brutal concussion he took from Greedy Williams.

Extrapolate his yardage for the 4 games he missed and he would have been over 700.

In the first two games with Ben (And really the 2nd game was only partly with Ben), he had 162 yards. If he continued that pace he would have been over 1200 yards on the season.

So now Ben prevents him from an illegal hit and injury? If anything, the increased targets would open him up to MORE hits.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Ben prevents him from an illegal hit and injury? If anything, the increased targets would open him up to MORE hits.
Some Quarterbacks choose their targets, and place their throws to protect their receivers.

Others have to do everything they can just to get a ball to someone and end up leaving the receiver open to taking shots.

The scrubs don't have the touch, control or experience to get the ball to his receivers with proper timing.

I remember more than a few instances this last season of running backs taking wheel routes and sit in open space for several seconds before the QB saw him, but only threw the ball after a defender was closing, and plastered him while trying to secure the ball.

It can't be overstated how BAD they were.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here. Here is JuJu's concussion play:

How the fuck do you make that throw? That's attempted murder by Mason. He's got 3 defenders in his pocket before the ball even gets to him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole Bell situation (including his down year last year) is much different if they could've found middle ground the year prior. A year off doesn't seem to be a plus for many players, unless injury plagued.

Perhaps, but Bell's head was set on trying to reset the RB market. Playing on the tag afforded him the luxury of deciding not to play on it the following season. I think the point is, PIT stepped up to the plate to pay a stud talent....in the end he took a slightly higher (guaranteed $) from a cap rich team with not much talent on OFC.

If it pans out like it appears that it could...the Jets will release Bell after this season and will have cashed $27 mil that deal slightly more than half the value of it, and will be back on the market as a FA again at 29 y/o.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claypool is interesting, great hands. Only question is whether he can get enough separation at the next level.

Agreed.

Dez Bryant didn't have the top end speed of this kid, but was effective. I think he will have to learn how to use that big body to shield defenders and force them to come through him to defend the pass.

The question I have...PIT doesn't really have that guy that you need to double, so I wonder how many 1 on 1 opps Claypool is going to get deep?