• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawk talk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story is about how Seattle has become a destination for players, there was a simliar arcticle already listed but what caught my eye was a quote from Rice. He said "This is the type of organization that when you come, you don't want to leave," receiver Sidney Rice said last week What makes this quote something is the fact that Rice's contract is big and many fans have already started pushing him out the door, that rice would be cut if he didn't redo his contact. So where going to see if this is all talk or if he means it come next off season. Here's the story in case you want to read the rest.

Seattle has become an appealing NFL destination - 710sports.com

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Ware (#44) projected to get more playing time in Broncos game.

Ware, drafted by the Seahawks with the 26th pick in the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft, was one of several young Seahawks on display in last Thursday night's 31-10 preseason victory over the San Diego Chargers. He ran for 32 yards and a touchdown on seven carries, added a 4-yard reception and showed a knack for dismantling oncoming rushers when hanging in pass protection.

The exact role the Seahawks will carve out for Ware remains to be seen. Coming out of the draft, head coach Pete Carroll dubbed Ware "the toughest running back in college football." The Seahawks are hoping Ware's hard-nosed running style translates well to fullback, where the club has been priming Ware throughout training camp.

"It's a whole different mindset at fullback," said Ware. "I still have to get in a comfort zone of not having the ball when I'm reading defenses and knowing that I have someone behind me. It's about being real, real detailed on my assignments each and every time.

"I've had a little difficulty with getting the two positions mixed up on certain things, but I feel like I've handled it pretty well."

Ware served as a dual-threat quarterback at Princeton High School in Cincinnati, Ohio before making the switch to running back at Louisiana State University. He shares that QB-background with Seahawks starting fullback Michael Robinson, who played quarterback at Penn State University before making the move to running back/fullback at the NFL level.

Ware will receive increased opportunities at fullback in the team's second preseason game against the Denver Broncos, something running backs coach Sherman Smith relayed to Ware earlier this week. Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell echoed Smith's attitude after Thursday's practice.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Ware play is great. I sort of thought he was going to be the Seahawks next fullback, but he really hasn't made much noise in camp so far, at least not that I've noticed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good read. Nice to see credit given to Pete Carroll and company.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think seeing the Seahawks live helps.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the story on the RB backups situation in Seattle? Is Turbin still the #2 or has Michael taken over?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin is #2 going into this year. Michael could very well be the future, but he's still got a lot to learn to be a NFL back at a BeastMode level.

Michael in 2012 should be a nice change of pace back, but will still be brought in slowly. He'll be there to give Lynch more rest during the easier games in the 2nd half of the season, and keep him fresher for the playoffs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin is #2 going into this year. Michael could very well be the future, but he's still got a lot to learn to be a NFL back at a BeastMode level.

Michael in 2012 should be a nice change of pace back, but will still be brought in slowly. He'll be there to give Lynch more rest during the easier games in the 2nd half of the season, and keep him fresher for the playoffs.

Which player do you think has better FF value?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very interesting read from one of my favorite Seahawks blogger,

San Francisco 49ers sign 4th-round Seattle Seahawks WR Chris Harper - ESPN

" The Seahawks wasted no time in cutting their fourth round pick. I guarantee virtually every other team in the NFL would’ve stashed Harper on the roster and given him time. Not the Seahawks."

" It’s why the Tim Ruskell Seahawks held onto two full backs one year and two kickers another. Ruskell probably wasn’t the first and maybe won’t be the last to stash a ‘kicker of the future’ on his roster. A laughable move in hindsight."

"It is mind blowing to think Seattle kept a pointless third quarterback nobody else would’ve wanted and two full backs instead of Michael Bennett. Mind. Blowing.
And it’s the kind of decision the current front office would never make. Not in a million years. Thankfully. Other teams still do stuff like this though."

" The weekends events also validate Carroll’s “always compete” mantra. Although certain players will get more time than others (James Carpenter a good example), for the most part anything goes. Which is why Antoine Winfield has retired this weekend and Michael Robinson has been cut."

" Whether the Seahawks deliver on all the expectation in 2013 and beyond remains to be seen. This is still a regime with the conviction to follow through with its vision."

This article kind of mirrors my thinking on JS/PC and Tim Ruskell. Just a few more days....... can't wait!:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A article on which teams have toe toughest opening 4 game stretch.

Y! SPORTS

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs gobbling up ex Seahawks.

Ron Parker, DB, Kansas City Chiefs, NFL - CBSSports.com

McGrath,Jaye Howard, and Ron Parker.

Remember that 49er posters who thought Seahawks fans delusional for suggesting that many of our cuts would end up on some other team?

Harold, I believe the "delusion" was based on the idea that the Niners would be waiting to pick up whatever scrap CB SEA would discard. It was not league-wide. When you have talented teams like the Niners and Hawks, you can expect teams like the Chiefs to pick up your cuts. Hell, the Chiefs picked up two of our players as well.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read. Thanks Harold.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very interesting read from one of my favorite Seahawks blogger,

San Francisco 49ers sign 4th-round Seattle Seahawks WR Chris Harper - ESPN

" The Seahawks wasted no time in cutting their fourth round pick. I guarantee virtually every other team in the NFL would’ve stashed Harper on the roster and given him time. Not the Seahawks."

" It’s why the Tim Ruskell Seahawks held onto two full backs one year and two kickers another. Ruskell probably wasn’t the first and maybe won’t be the last to stash a ‘kicker of the future’ on his roster. A laughable move in hindsight."

"It is mind blowing to think Seattle kept a pointless third quarterback nobody else would’ve wanted and two full backs instead of Michael Bennett. Mind. Blowing.
And it’s the kind of decision the current front office would never make. Not in a million years. Thankfully. Other teams still do stuff like this though."

" The weekends events also validate Carroll’s “always compete” mantra. Although certain players will get more time than others (James Carpenter a good example), for the most part anything goes. Which is why Antoine Winfield has retired this weekend and Michael Robinson has been cut."

" Whether the Seahawks deliver on all the expectation in 2013 and beyond remains to be seen. This is still a regime with the conviction to follow through with its vision."

This article kind of mirrors my thinking on JS/PC and Tim Ruskell. Just a few more days....... can't wait!:suds:
This is the link I should have put up.

Carroll & Schneider challenge NFL?s ego-driven mentality « Seahawks Draft Blog

Sorry about that.:doh:

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the link.

That's one thing I've always loved about JS&PC. They sign and start the players that give us the best chance to win and that's the only factor they consider. Salary and draft position don't enter into it. Every draft pick/trade/FA signing is a gamble and I love that our FO will let a few million ride the pine while a 400k a year rookie is torching people on the field.

Hell, New England are contenders every year and they make personnel decisions that baffle people all the time.

A few years a go a poster at CBS was frothing at the mouth because we traded away our former number one pick and didn't get much for him. Does anyone want to argue that we're better with Curry than without him?

We shelled out a decent chunk of cash for Matt Flynn and started a third round rookie instead. Anyone still want to argue that that was the wrong move?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years a go a poster at CBS was frothing at the mouth because we traded away our former number one pick and didn't get much for him. Does anyone want to argue that we're better with Curry than without him?

Who did we get for Curry?

2012 - J.R. Sweezy
2013 - Therold Simon

Not bad use of a couple late round picks (Simon has been IRed, so who know what he will do later).