• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawk talk

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners trolls really trying hard to make us 12th man down on this loss in Indy lol.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll expects Unger to play this weekend

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he expects center Max Unger to play this weekend after missing the last two games, but tight end Zach Miller's status is uncertain.

“We’re counting on Max practicing this week,” Carroll said Monday. “We think he’s going make it this week. Holding him out [Sunday at Indianapolis] gave us the chance to say that now and we look forward to him playing.”

Unger suffered a triceps injury in the Jacksonville game on Sept. 22nd. Miller injured a hamstring in practice last week and did not play against the Colts.

“Zach is a day-to-day thing,” Carroll said. “We don’t know yet. We’ll have to see how it goes. It will take until the end of the week before we’ll know if we have a chance to have him back.”

The Seahawks played without four starters on offense in the 34-28 loss to the Colts, including tackles Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini.

Okung is on injured reserve for at least five more weeks with a torn ligament in a big toe. Giacomini, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery one week ago, could return sooner.

‘‘He’s still hobbling around, but he should make a pretty good turn in the next week or so," Carroll said of Giacomini. “He’s progressing fine, but he’s not ready to go yet.”

The only significant injury Seattle suffered Sunday was a sprained ankle for middle linebacker Bobby Wagner.

“He went back in and finished the game,” Carroll said, “but we’ll have to see how that goes this week.”

Seattle Seahawks' Pete Carroll expects Max Unger to play this weekend - ESPN

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday in Hawkville: Pete Carroll focused on protecting Russell Wilson better

Russell Wilson has been on the run too often in passing situations the past two weeks as the Seahawks are playing without three injured starters on their line. Improving that situation is Priority One this week.

Vid and more at Linky--->Monday in Hawkville: Pete Carroll focused on protecting Russell Wilson better

FYI Carroll discuss'es certain flags etc there,good read.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll expects Unger to play this weekend

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he expects center Max Unger to play this weekend after missing the last two games, but tight end Zach Miller's status is uncertain.

“We’re counting on Max practicing this week,” Carroll said Monday. “We think he’s going make it this week. Holding him out [Sunday at Indianapolis] gave us the chance to say that now and we look forward to him playing.”

Unger suffered a triceps injury in the Jacksonville game on Sept. 22nd. Miller injured a hamstring in practice last week and did not play against the Colts.

“Zach is a day-to-day thing,” Carroll said. “We don’t know yet. We’ll have to see how it goes. It will take until the end of the week before we’ll know if we have a chance to have him back.”

The Seahawks played without four starters on offense in the 34-28 loss to the Colts, including tackles Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini.

Okung is on injured reserve for at least five more weeks with a torn ligament in a big toe. Giacomini, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery one week ago, could return sooner.

‘‘He’s still hobbling around, but he should make a pretty good turn in the next week or so," Carroll said of Giacomini. “He’s progressing fine, but he’s not ready to go yet.”

The only significant injury Seattle suffered Sunday was a sprained ankle for middle linebacker Bobby Wagner.

“He went back in and finished the game,” Carroll said, “but we’ll have to see how that goes this week.”

Seattle Seahawks' Pete Carroll expects Max Unger to play this weekend - ESPN

We need Unger back, still looks to be a while for Okung. I feel the Seahawks can weather the injuries on the OL and once they all get back, things should really start to roll for the Seahawks.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Unger and Okung are biggy's,but just having Max back will help alot imo.

Unger provides that calm for RW he really does rely on Max alot.

LOl but who wouldnt having the Big guy in front of yah.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Locker disappointed to miss homecoming Seahawks game

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 by:Nick Eaton

When the Seahawks’ 2013 schedule was released in April, Huskies fans were quick to circle this Sunday’s home game against the Titans. It’s the first pro homecoming for former UW quarterback Jake Locker, who’s now the starter in Tennessee.

jakelocker-300x199.jpg

Or at least it was supposed to be. Locker is now out for several weeks after suffering a sprained hip during the Titans’ Sept. 29 against the New York Jets in Nashville. He spent the night in a hospital, and is still on crutches with no concrete timeline for returning to the field.

“It’s tough” Locker said Wednesday of missing the Titans-Seahawks game. “I was really looking forward to having the opportunity to play there and be able to play in front of my family and friends and stuff. So it’s hard.”

Now in his third year in the NFL, Locker started this season hot. He led the Titans as they opened 3-1 with victories over the Steelers, Chargers and Jets (and a loss in Houston), throwing six touchdown passes and no interceptions on 62.2 percent passing. Against New York on Sept. 29, he had three scores and 149 yards on 18-for-24 passing before he was carted off the field.

Last season, his first as the starter in Tennessee, Locker played to a 4-7 record in 11 games, throwing 10 touchdowns and 11 interceptions on his way to a 56.4 completion percentage and 2,176 passing yards, plus 291 rushing yards and a score on the ground. He missed five games with a shoulder injury, during which his backup — another familiar face in Seattle, Matt Hasselbeck — racked up two wins and three losses.

Hasselbeck is now Andrew Luck’s backup in Indianapolis; quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is now Locker’s backup in Tennessee. Last week, in the Titans’ 26-17 home loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, Fitzpatrick was 21-for-41 with 247 passing yards, two TDs (one passing and one rushing) and two interceptions.

jakelockerinjured-300x189.jpg

Nevertheless, Locker hopes to make the trip to Seattle this weekend with his team. The eighth-overall 2011 NFL Draft pick said he might even be able to attend Saturday’s big college-rivalry game between No. 2 Oregon and No. 16 Washington at Husky Stadium.

“It’s fun. It’s a dream come true for me,” Locker said of being an NFL quarterback. “And it’s challenging. It’s a new challenge every day. But it’s something that I’m very thankful for. I love having this opportunity and, you know, (I’m) going to continue to grow and I hope to enjoy it as long as possible.”

Speaking with Seattle media during a conference call Wednesday, Locker said he had also been looking forward to facing his former passing target Jermaine Kearse, the undrafted Huskies star who has developed into a promising receiver for the Seahawks. Unfortunately for Locker, crutches don’t fare well on the gridiron.

“They want me to be on them, still, if I’m standing on (my hip) for long periods of time,” Locker said. “But for the most part, just walking around the facility and stuff, I have gotten rid of (the crutches).

“And then timeline — just for me, I’m just trying to get back as quick as I can. I’m not paying attention to the timelines that have been thrown out there. I feel good, and I just want to continue to progress and get back on the field as soon as I can.”

Jake Locker disappointed to miss homecoming Seahawks game - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.Y. Hilton: Seattle Seahawks' insults fired me up

By Kevin Patra
Around the League writer
Published: Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:34 p.m. Updated: Oct. 8, 2013 at 04:41 a.m.

T.Y. Hilton was on fire Sunday.

The Indianapolis Colts receiver scorched one of the NFL's best defenses, catching five passes for 140 yards and two touchdowns in the team's 34-28 victory over the Seattle Seahawks

Hilton said his big day started after one of the Seahawks' cornerbacks insulted him. No, it wasn't Richard Sherman this time.

"(Brandon) Browner said I'm light as (expletive)," Hilton told USA Today Sports on Sunday.

That insult came after the Colts started the game with three three-and-outs, Hilton said. Not long after, Hilton blew by the Seahawks' secondary for a 73-yard touchdown catch and run.

"(Browner) made me hit the light switch that nobody's seen," Hilton said. "He made that decision. So they should blame him."

"He pushed the button," Hilton said. "So he deserved it."

Buttons, switches, we're down with whatever the metaphor Hilton wants to use.

As for the usually talkative Sherman, Hilton said the cornerback didn't say a word.

"Richard Sherman? He wouldn't even look me in the eye," Hilton said. "Not at all. The whole time."

Sherman is smart enough not to talk smack when he and his secondary are getting torched.

In the future, other cornerbacks would be wise to let the sleeping beast lie as well.

T.Y. Hilton: Seattle Seahawks' insults fired me up - NFL.com

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner on crutches, but Unger is back

By Terry Blount | ESPN.com

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks middle linebacker Bobby Wagner was walking on crutches Wednesday and wearing a protective boot over his sprained left ankle.

“Bobby will see if he can make it back by game day,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday. “But it will go all the way to Sunday.”

If Wagner doesn’t play, K.J. Wright will move from his outside linebacker spot to Wagner’s middle linebacker spot. Malcolm Smith and Bruce Irvin would start at the outside spots.

Carroll is confident that Pro Bowl center Max Unger will return this weekend after missing the last two games with a triceps injury. Unger was a full participant at practice Wednesday,

“We’re counting on him coming back this week,” Carroll said. “We’re really hoping Max will secure the calls.”

The Seahawks were missing four starters up front in the 34-28 loss to Indianapolisn on Sunday: Unger, tackles Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini and tight end Zach Miller.

Okung and Giacomini still are out, and Miller (strained hamstring) will be a game-day decision, Carroll said. But Carroll believes Unger’s return is a big key to the backup players performing at a higher level.

“Max is one if your team leaders,” Carroll said. “He is the guy who has the greatest command of what we’re doing up front. He will help other guys play well and make the right choices. And he’ll help the quarterback [Russell Wilson], too, in identification.

“We missed that the last couple of weeks and it’s made a difference in our pass protection. There are some spacing issues that we don’t want. Max can get everybody on the right guys. The biggest issue has been the inconsistency on communication. We’ve had to suffer through that and it’s why Russell has had to run more.”

Carroll also was asked how wide receiver Percy Harvin looks since returning to the Seahawks facility after rehabbing in New York following his hip surgery Aug. 1.

“Percy has been working hard,” Carroll said. “He’s excited and he’s running and we’re hoping there are no setbacks along the way. We’ll keep progressing with it.”

Harvin is eligible to come off the physically-unable-to-perform list for the game against the Arizona Cardinals next week, but Carroll does not see that happening.

“I don’t think that is realistic,” Carroll said. “I think that’s too soon, but it’ll happen when he’s ready to go and we get a chance to prepare him so he’s physically capable of being safe.

“He’s a full-on, full-speed football player. He’s got to be ready to go. When he comes back, we want him to be able to endure the rigors of the end of the season. It’s not important to rush him back. It’s important to wait it out and be patient and get him out there when he’s ready to go and withstand the load of the game.”

Defensive tackle Michael Bennett (quad) and cornerback Walter Thurmond (knee) did not practice Wednesday. Running back Marshawn Lynch also did not practice, but he is not injured.

Carroll also said that cornerback Jeremy Lane (hamstring) and running back Spencer Ware (ankle) will be game-day decisions this week.

Bobby Wagner on crutches, but Max Unger is back - ESPN

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks: Sorry Sidney Rice, but Time to Make Room for Others in Receiver Corps

Seattle Should Consider Benching Rice in Favor of Jermaine Kearse

Brent Champaco 1 hour ago

COMMENTARY | The Seattle Seahawks placed the highest of hopes on Sidney Rice when he signed with the team in 2011.

He had flashed potential as an outside threat with the Minnesota Vikings, catching 83 balls for 1,312 yards and a career-high eight touchdowns in 2009. The following year, he underwent hip surgery and played in only six games, but Seattle was willing to bet that his hurting hip would be worth the five-year, $41 million gamble, $18.5 million of which was guaranteed.

Going on his third season in Seattle, something is becoming glaringly clear: The Seahawks are losing their bet on Rice.

In 30 games since coming to the Northwest in 2011, an injury prone Rice has a combined 1,378 yards, or 46 yards per game, and 11 touchdowns.

Through the Seahawks' 4-1 start this year, their highest-paid receiver is third on the team in receptions with 10, behind Golden Tate's 18 and Doug Baldwin's 17. Rice also trails them in receiving yards -- Rice has 146 yards while Baldwin leads the team with 296 yards and Tate has 236 yards.

Rice is tied for the team lead with a pair of receiving touchdowns, but both came against a lowly Jacksonville team in Week 3.

Meanwhile, Jermaine Kearse, the homegrown talent and University of Washington product who underwent Lasik eye surgery in the offseason, has only four catches, but two of them were highlight-reel touchdowns. They also came at critical points on the road. One turned out to be the game-winner at Carolina in Week 1, while the other was a leaping, twisting catch in last week's 34-28 loss at Indianapolis. Kearse also blocked a punt in the latter game.

Rice, on the other hand, had one catch for 8 yards against the Colts' defense.

There's also the fact that Seattle's biggest offseason acquisition and Rice's teammate in Minnesota, Percy Harvin, is on track to return from hip surgery in a few weeks and will be its biggest threat lined up in the slot. You can guess which receiver, Harvin or Rice, is more explosive offensively.

All the numbers -- or lack thereof -- point to an uncomfortable reality for the Seahawks' coaching staff. In what's turning out to be a deep receiving corps that will include Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, Harvin and tight end Zach Miller, the Seahawks can't afford to wait for Rice to become a playmaker.

Kearse needs to see more playing time. Harvin will get playing time. Baldwin and Tate have proven that they deserve their playing time.

It's not that Rice hasn't played well for Seattle -- many fans remember the touchdown catch he made to secure the Seahawks' overtime victory in Chicago last year, despite being hit so hard his body actually stiffened in the end zone.

But while he has made a few memorable plays for Seattle, those plays haven't justified his contract. He was supposed to be the true outside threat that Seattle, for a litany of reasons, has lacked since the days of Joey Galloway.

Sorry Rice fans, but it's still lacking.

At this point, with an ailing offensive line and a quarterback who has been running for his life, the Seahawks need a receiving corps that presents the biggest aerial threat and can make plays. They are dangerous with Kearse and, eventually, Harvin running routes for Russell Wilson.

For a team with Super Bowl aspirations and a philosophy that places competition above everything else, it's time for Rice to either meet expectations or stand down to someone who can deliver on them.

Y! SPORTS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I do think we need to see more of Kearse, but still need to give Rice a little more time to bounce back.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I do think we need to see more of Kearse, but still need to give Rice a little more time to bounce back.

I've absolutely hated how the team has used Rice. It just appears that he's never the target, conversely they force the ball to Tate so much that it's a head scratching game plan. Rice is still the best WR on the roster, but they use him as a decoy most of the time. He's been too much a professional to complain like other WRs do, but there's no reason he shouldn't be getting more targets. Not that the targets he has been getting have been on target, as Wilson seems to throw the ball just about anywhere but where Rice can easily get it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush hour arrives at right time for Seahawks

(This post relates to exactly to what i posted on the reg board)

Rush hour arrives at right time for Seahawks

Clare Farnsworth
Seahawks.com Writer

The seven-sack effort, by eight different players, against the Cardinals is just the tip of how good the Seahawks’ pass rush can become once the coaches figure out an even more-effective rotation.

131018-passrush-600.jpg

On the seventh play of Thursday night’s game against the Cardinals, Tony McDaniel flung a 300-plus pound, would-be blocker to the ground and then dropped Carson Palmer for a 14-yard sack.

The wow-factor play by the 6-foot-7, 305-pound McDaniel signaled the start of a prolonged rush hour at University of Phoenix Stadium in a 34-22 victory that would help push the Seahawks to the first 6-1 start in franchise history.

Before this painful night was over for Palmer, the Cardinals’ QB would be sacked six more times – by seven different Seahawks.

It wasn’t just a season-high performance for the Dan Quinn-coordinated defense; the seven sacks were two shy of what the Seahawks had compiled in their previous three games combined. In fact, it was the most for the Seahawks since they dropped Aaron Rodgers eight times in the “Monday Night Football” game at CenturyLink Field in Week 3 last season.

“We’ve got so much depth there at the defensive end position,” All-Pro free safety Earl Thomas said in the locker room. “The crazy thing about it is we take one guy out because he’s tired, another hoss is coming in to get after the QB.”

That definitely was the case on this night, against that quarterback.

On back-to-back plays late in the third quarter, the flood gates open and the deluge washed over Palmer. On the first play, defensive end Red Bryant, middle linebacker KJ Wright and Leo end/linebacker Bruce Irvin all arrived at the QB in the same half-blink. On the next play, it was Leo end Chris Clemons and versatile lineman Michael Bennett.

“I said, ‘Man, you’re going to be sore,’ ” Irvin offered of the conversation he had during one of the pig-piles that Palmer endured. “He told me he’s used to it.”

That kind of pass-rush production is something the Seahawks would like to get used to.

Before it was over, rush-end Cliff Avril, linebacker Malcolm Smith and defensive tackle Clinton McDonald has joined the sack parade that was started by McDaniel and shoved into warp speed by Bryant, Wright and Irvin, and then Clemons and Bennett.

As the players head into a four-day mini-break before returning on Tuesday to begin preparing for the Oct. 28 “Monday Night Football” game against the Rams in St. Louis, the Seahawks have 23 sacks in seven games – after collecting 36, 33 and 37 in Pete Carroll’s first three seasons as coach.

And the depth and width of the production has been just as varied as it was Thursday night: Bennett with 4.5; Clemons with 3.5 in just five games since returning from the knee surgery he had in January; McDonald with 3.5, after being released on the cut to the 53-man roster and re-signed just before the Week 2 game against the San Francisco 49ers; Avril with 3; McDaniel with 2; Wright with 1.5; Irvin, O’Brien Schofield, Smith and “group” with one each; and Bryant and rookie defensive tackle Jordan Hill with shared sacks.

It’s the kind of high-but-even-heat situation Carroll has been trying to create since he walked through the doors at Virginia Mason Athletic Center in January of 2010. It’s why the Seahawks traded for Clemons that offseason. It’s why Irvin was selected in the first round of the NFL Draft last year. It’s why Bennett, Avril and McDaniel were signed in free agency this offseason and Hill was added in the third round of the draft.

Now that all this pass-rushing talent is finally available, it has line coach Travis Jones feeling like a coach with five running backs all clamoring for more carries but having only one ball to try and appease all of them.

But it’s one of those situations that coaches love.

“It’s great to see the production in the pass rush,” Carroll said. “That’s something that’s getting better. We said earlier that it’s going to take us awhile before we figure out how to mix our guys in our pass rush because we’ve got a number of different kinds of athletes to mix in there. So we’re still finding that out.

“We’re going to get better there. We’re going to improve at mixing our guys properly and then using them to the best things they can do.”

Rush hour arrives at right time for Seahawks | ChatSeahawks.com

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I said, ‘Man, you’re going to be sore,’ ” Irvin offered of the conversation he had during one of the pig-piles that Palmer endured. “He told me he’s used to it.”

I'm sure he is. :lol:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks Establishing Themselves as Kings of the NFC

BY TYSON LANGLAND (NFC WEST LEAD WRITER) ON OCTOBER 18, 2013

Another week, another win for head coach Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks. Winning on the road hasn’t been this team’s strong suit over the last three years, but 2013 has been an entirely different story.

Despite going winless on the road in the NFC West during his rookie season, quarterback Russell Wilson and Co. trounced the Cardinals in Arizona 34-22 on Thursday Night Football. Wilson, running back Marshawn Lynch and defensive coordinator Dan Quinn’s defense stole the show.

Seattle came out firing. On the Seahawks' first two offensive drives of the game, Wilson led scoring drives of 83 and 72 yards, respectively. They jumped out to a 14-0 lead and never looked back.

Carroll said after the game, per the Associated Press via ESPN, "This was a really cool night for our football team. We wanted to get on the road and get this thing done and continue to feel good about our ability to win on the road."

Credit Arizona for closing the gap early on in the third quarter, yet it was only a matter of time until the Seahawks pulled away. Chris Clemons and the rest of the defensive line pinned their ears back and made quarterback Carson Palmer’s life miserable.

By the time the clock struck zero, Seattle had amassed seven quarterback sacks, 13 quarterback hits and two interceptions. As bad as Palmer was accuracy-wise, it didn’t help that he had cardboard cutouts standing in front of him posing as offensive linemen.

Rest at link,,,,,Seattle Seahawks Establishing Themselves as Kings of the NFC | Bleacher Report

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is cheesy, but funny.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks climb atop AP Pro32 power ranking

By DAVE SKRETTA (AP Sports Writer)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Apparently, not even perfection is good enough for the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Seattle Seahawks took over the top spot in the AP Pro32 power rankings released Tuesday, just ahead of the second-place Chiefs - the lone undefeated team left in the NFL this season.

The Denver Broncos, who lost 39-33 to Indianapolis on Sunday night, dropped from a unanimous No. 1 a week ago to third in balloting by the 12 media members who regularly cover the NFL.

''I know Kansas City is the NFL's only unbeaten team,'' said Alex Marvez of SiriusXM and FoxSports1, ''but the Seahawks are the better squad.''

Former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards, now an analyst for ESPN, was even more succinct in voting the Seahawks No. 1: ''The most complete team in the National Football League.''

Seattle received seven first-place votes after improving to 6-1 with a 34-22 rout of the Cardinals last week. Russell Wilson threw three touchdown passes for Seattle, and a defense that many believe is the league's showed why once again.

''Seven more sacks and two interceptions for the defense, and the Seahawks keep on rolling,'' said Newsday's Bob Glauber, who also called Seattle the ''most complete team in the league.''

The Chiefs earned four first-place votes after a 17-16 victory over the Texans left them 7-0 for the first time since 2003. The 31 previous teams to win their first seven games in the Super Bowl era all made the playoffs and 15 of them made it to the championship game.

''Still a question if they are indeed the best the league has to offer,'' wrote ESPN.com's Jeff Legwold in putting them No. 1, ''but they are the only 7-0 team.''

That became the case when the Broncos lost for the first time in a franchise-record 17 regular-season games. Several of Denver's weaknesses were exposed by Indianapolis, including some issues with an offensive line that has been decimated by injuries.

Denver was third in the AP Pro32, but did not receive a first-place vote.

''The loss to the Colts is a bump in the road for this team,'' said Pat Kirwan of SiriusXM NFL Radio and CBSSports.com. ''It was clear that playing on the road with two backup offensive tackles makes things difficult. Look for most teams to play man-under, two-deep schemes all year and feel four-man pressure up front can get to (Peyton) Manning.''

The Saints moved up one spot to fourth after the Patriots lost in overtime to the Jets, sending Tom Brady and Co. tumbling to ninth in the poll. The Colts were fifth and picked up their lone first-place vote from Kirwan after they spoiled Manning's return to town.

Indianapolis handed the Seahawks their only loss earlier this season.

''They may not hold the top spot for long with Reggie Wayne gone,'' Kirwan said, ''but Kansas City has to beat teams like that to take over the top spot.''

The 49ers were sixth in the poll, followed by the Packers, Bengals, Patriots and Cowboys. The Jets leaped from 19th to 13th after their win over the Patriots.

Jacksonville, a loser of 12 straight, remained last for the seventh consecutive week.

''Jaguars play the 49ers in London on Sunday,'' Glauber wrote, ''which means they get to lose in another time zone and on another continent.''

Y! SPORTS

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks leaving opponents with hangover

Seattle Seahawks leaving opponents with hangover

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Oct. 24, 2013 at 03:40 p.m. Updated: Oct. 24, 2013 at 05:33 p.m.

Playing the 6-1 Seattle Seahawks has been no day at the beach this season.

According to NFL Media's research department, Seahawks opponents are 0-6 the week after facing the Seahawks this season. Even more telling, their first six opponents have been outscored 172-62 in their next games after playing the Seahawks.

So what can we make of this trend?

Appearing on Thursday's "The M&M Podcast," NFL Media's Steve Mariucci attributed the slide to the Seahawks' sheer physicality.

We concur with Mariucci's theory. Opponents come away beat up and short-handed on both sides of the ball after playing Seattle.

According to NFL Media's research department, Seahawks opponents are 0-6 the week after facing the Seahawks this season. Even more telling, their first six opponents have been outscored 172-62 in their next games after playing the Seahawks.

So what can we make of this trend?

We've never seen a preseason team play with as much maniacal intensity as Pete Carroll's squad in an August game versus the Denver Broncos in which Champ Bailey, Wes Welker, Derek Wolfe and Louis Vasquez all came away worse for the wear.

In an era in which padded practices are becoming extinct, Seattle is one of the few teams still built on physicality and aggressiveness.

Their statistical trend bodes well for the Atlanta Falcons, traveling to Arizona this week to face the Seahawks' most recent victim.

Video at Link----Seattle Seahawks leaving opponents with hangover - NFL.com

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photos: Seahawks serve coffee at Seattle-area Starbucks

It’s not every day you go into a Starbucks and find an NFL player working behind the counter. But that’s what happened to a lot of Seattle-area coffee-drinkers Wednesday afternoon, as several members of the Seahawks became temporary baristas for a charity fundraiser.

Head coach Pete Carroll, tackle Russell Okung, receiver Jermaine Kearse and kicker Steven Hauschka were among the many Seahawks who spent an hour pulling espresso shots, blending Frappuccinos and signing autographs at several Seattle-area Starbucks stores Wednesday.

They helped drum up support for a weeklong fundraiser for Carroll’s local charity, A Better Seattle, which in a partnership with the coffee giant is taking donations at local Starbucks locations now through Tuesday.

Because it was impossible to send a photographer out to 10 different Starbucks between 3 and 4 p.m. Wednesday, we collected some tweets and Instragram photos from Seahawks fans who were excited to meet their favorite players. Check out the gallery above for a taste of Wednesday’s Starbucks event.

Photo galleries may not be properly displayed on some mobile devices. If you encounter this issue on our mobile website, please consider switching to the full version.

Photos: Seahawks serve coffee at Seattle-area Starbucks - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News