• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawk talk

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNH_6ZtDwQw&feature=player_embedded]Can't Stop The Seahawks - YouTube[/ame]

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risk vs. reward part of the deal with Wilson

Risk vs. reward part of the deal with Wilson

By Terry Blount | ESPN.com

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell know that every time Russell Wilson runs with the ball there's risk involved to the one player this team can't afford to lose.

It's a risk they're willing to take. In fact, it's a risk they have to take to be the team they want to be on offense.

"I think he's as much of a risk taker as anybody playing the game," Bevell said of his quarterback. "But I think he can manage that risk really well."

Carroll said they're willing to accept some danger with Wilson because of his ability to make good things happen.

"Absolutely, that comes with it," Carroll said of his scrambling quarterback. "I understand that, and if we were going to go conservative, [Wilson] would take a knee back there if he felt some pressure. He's not doing that."

He's not going to do it. Wilson is going to run, sometimes by design and sometimes by necessity. It's the necessity part, way too many times lately when Wilson has had to run to escape pressure, that Carroll wants to see change.

"He's been hit pretty consistently the last three or four weeks," Carroll said. "We don't ever want him getting hit. Even when we're running the football, we don't want him getting hit. So, we're trying to avoid that, but there are a lot of factors in there. And that's why the ball has come out."

Wilson has fumbled eight times in the first seven games, losing five of those fumbles. He fumbled three times when hit in the backfield last week in the Arizona game, losing two that resulted in 10 points for the Cardinals.

"It's a big issue, but he's getting clocked every now and then," Carroll said. "So we're working like crazy to keep that from happening. His awareness is growing and realizing that, 'OK, it's happening [heavy pressure]. I need to get out of this situation and go down.' But he may have had the opportunity to escape."

Carroll and Bevell called Wilson, "an escape artist." Anyone who has watched him play would agree. Wilson can sense the defender nearing him, almost to the point that it seems he has eyes peering out the back of his helmet.

"The escape-ability factor is a good thing," Wilson said Friday. "Having that competitive nature helps our football team. But the smart thing is sometimes to say, 'Maybe this isn't the time.' There's a time and place for everything.

"I have that never-say-die attitude, but you have to be smart with situations. I'm still learning and still figuring things out."

It's a fine line of knowing when to try to run downfield, when to throw it away, and when to go down and avoid a possible turnover.

"We want him to make smart decisions on how much is enough and when to give up the play," Bevell said. "But he's so good at escaping that good things happen for him most of the time. He needs to understand when it's a dead play and when he needs to make sure that he's protecting the football."

But the last thing the coaches want to do is handicap Wilson's ability to improvise.

"It comes with the territory of utilizing his great talent to make plays but also protecting the football," Carroll said. "So it's a little bit of an issue right now. Hopefully, we'll manage this well and it won't keep us from winning a football game."

One thing Wilson isn't doing much is throwing interceptions. He has thrown only four picks this season and hasn't thrown an interception in the past two games. Wilson hasn't thrown two picks in a game in more than a year. The last time was Week 5 last season at Carolina on Oct. 7.

Instead of throwing a risky pass, Wilson will tuck the ball and run, often with great success. Most of the fumbles have come when Wilson remains in the pocket or just begins to roll out, trying to extend a play.

Wilson said he has made an effort to get stronger, adding a little weight this season. He's up to 210 pounds on his 5-foot-11 frame.

"I work on my legs a lot," he said. "That's a big part of my game, obviously. But I also want to be strong in the pocket and make sure I'm ready to take those hits, deliver a big-time throw when we need it and still get up for the next play."

Wilson is the riverboat gambler back there, but Carroll wants him to know when to fold 'em.

"He has to realize when that's not available," Carroll said. "We're looking for him to kind of recognize, 'OK, this isn't that time.' That's not easy to do because you don't know when he's going to make one of those miraculous escapes. He looks like he's dead and gone, and now he's out."

Wilson's athletic skills of avoiding trouble often result in a big play. For example: the touchdown pass at Arizona when Wilson rolled to his right, ran backward to the 40-yard line and threw a perfect pass -- off his back foot -- to Sidney Rice in the end zone.

Wilson had another big play at Arizona when he was a split second from being sacked but lunged and completed a third-down pass to tight end Zach Miller as Wilson was falling to the ground.

It was a risky throw, but it's what Wilson does. And most of the time, he does it successfully. So, it's a risk the Seahawks are willing to take.

"He's a great decision-maker and a fantastic competitor," Bevell said. "He gets it. He knows what we're after and what we want, and that means there is some risk involved. But we're just going to take it as it comes because we trust him."

Risk vs. reward part of the deal with Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson - ESPN

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Russell Wilson, I was toying with the idea of magnetic buttons on shirts and came across this article:

Shirt with magnetic buttons invented by wife of Parkinson's sufferer gives independence back to people with disabilities | Mail Online

"Don explained that a player, Russell Wilson who now plays for the Seahawks, had done up his buttons for him in the locker room because his fine motor skills were failing and he couldn't do it himself."

I wasn't looking for anything football related, and I find Russell doing a good deed.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Just keeping this updated)

Seahawks stop Rams' surge at goal line on final drive

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Not much had gone right for Rams quarterback Kellen Clemens.

Making his first start in two years, he had already thrown a pair of interceptions, and had been put on his back enough times by the stingy Seattle Seahawks that he probably could describe every imperfection in the ceiling of the Edward Jones Dome.

Still, Clemens had a chance to be the hero when he marched St. Louis the length of the field in the closing minutes Monday night. He dropped back to pass on the final play of the game, threw toward the end zone — and saw the ball skitter across the turf incomplete.

Game over. Seahawks win, 14-9.

"In this business, your grade scale is pass or fail — incidentally, most of my classes in college were pass or fail," Clemens said wryly. "Unfortunately, I think this was a fail."

Clemens finished with 158 yards passing for the Rams (3-5), who couldn't salvage a lousy night for St. Louis sports fans. The Cardinals had already lost 3-1 to the Boston Red Sox in Game 5 of the World Series, played just up the road at Busch Stadium.

"We've got to pull that win out, man," said the Rams' Chris Long, who had three sacks. "That one hurts. We'll build off that. But I'm proud of the guys the way they fought."

The World Series no doubt contributed to the stale atmosphere just down Broadway, where the announced crowd of 55,966 was in reality much smaller. Many of the Rams fans who did show up wore Cardinals gear, and Cardinals-Red Sox highlights were shown throughout the night.

"We were very fortunate. The Rams played a great football game," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said. "Under the circumstances with a new quarterback, they did a great job. We just couldn't get going on offense. Fortunately, the defense hung together and gave us a chance to win the game."

Russell Wilson threw two touchdown passes to Golden Tate, the second one a dazzling 80-yard play down the sideline. Otherwise, the Seahawks (7-1) did little on offense — they had just 135 yards, the third-fewest yards in a victory in franchise history.

"It's not always going to be pretty," said Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, who had his fourth interception of the season. "You have to be able to win ugly."

Seahawks stop Rams' surge at goal line on final drive

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks lose Sidney Rice for season with torn ACL
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 by:Stephen Cohen

Seattle Seahawks receiver Sidney Rice will miss the rest of the season after tearing his ACL in Monday night’s 14-9 win over St. Louis.

Pro Football Talk was the first to report the injury, which was subsequently confirmed by the team via Twitter. The seven-year veteran out of South Carolina finishes the season with just 15 catches for 231 yards and three touchdowns, and will end the year on injured reserve for the second time in his three seasons with Seattle.

Rice suffered the injury midway through the second quarter of Monday’s game on a first-and-goal play from the 9-yard line. Quarterback Russell Wilson tried to get the ball to Rice on the left side of the end zone, but overthrew him slightly. Both Rice and Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins — who was blanketing Rice in coverage — dove for the ball, with Jenkins landing on top of Rice’s lower body. Rice noticeably limped after the play and did not re-enter the game.

Once considered a prototypical No. 1 receiver, Rice has failed to live up to expectations after signing a five-year, $41 million deal with the Seahawks prior to the 2011 season. Rice had his breakout season with the Minnesota Vikings in 2009, hauling in 83 passes for 1,312 yards and eight touchdowns, but he failed to catch more than 50 passes in each of his three seasons with the Hawks while dealing with nagging injuries.

Without Rice, the Hawks receiving corps consists of leading pass-catcher Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Bryan Walters and prized acquisition Percy Harvin, who is poised to return from offseason hip surgery in the next couple of weeks. If Harvin is unable to play Sunday when Seattle hosts Tampa Bay, look for the team to promote either Arceto Clark or Ricardo Lockette from the practice squad to fill the gap in the interim.

The Hawks’ passing game has been uneven this season, ranking No. 28 in the NFL at 198.8 yards per game. Wilson and Co are coming off of their worst performance of the season Monday night, when they totaled just 91 yards through the air against the Rams.

Seahawks lose Sidney Rice for season with torn ACL - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin making most of position switch.

Irvin making most of position switch - Seahawks News - MyNorthwest.com

"In his fourth game as a strongside linebacker for the Seahawks, Irvin racked up nine tackles, a sack, a forced fumble and an interception against the St. Louis Rams on Monday night."

This position switch looks to be working out rather well. I had my doubts about Irvin being able to make the switch, glad to see him doing well with the change. Makes a good defense even better.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Week 9: Seahawks-Bucs tickets almost as much as Bears-Packers

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

There's no such thing as a cheap ticket in Seattle, not even when the Buccaneers are playing. (USATSI)

If there's one lesson to be learned from NFL ticket prices this week, it's that Seahawks fans would probably pay $100 just to watch the team eat ham sandwiches for three hours.

The cheapest ticket to Sunday's game between the Seahawks and 0-7 Buccaneers in Seattle is $112 on TicketCity.com. We know Tampa Bay fans aren't buying those tickets because they don't even buy tickets for home games -- not that I'm blaming them -- if you need proof though, just look at this picture from Tampa Bay's Week 8 home game against Carolina.

The fact that Seattle fans are willing to empty their bank account to see the Seahawks shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The highest ticket price so far this season came in Week 2 when Seattle hosted San Francisco. The cheapest ticket to that game on the secondary market was $222.

If you want to watch a winless team play for free, I'd say watch the Jaguars, but they're on a bye this week. So if you want to see a winless team play, it looks like you'll have to fork over the $112 for a Buccaneers-Seahawks ticket.

If you want to spend that kind of money, but actually watch two good teams -- instead of just one -- you can get a ticket to Monday night's game between the Bears and the Packers for $121.

On the other hand, if you only have a $10 budget for the week, but you still want to see an NFL game, I hope you live in St. Louis. Tickets to the Rams-Titans game are going for as low as $9. Rams tickets are obviously in high demand this week because they've shot up in price. In Week 8, you could get into the Rams Monday night game for only $6.

Before you say no to going to the Rams game, ask yourself this: Would I rather spend my $9 on six double whoppers or a ticket to the game. See what I mean? Not as easy to answer as you'd think.

Finally, if you've been dying to wear your Ray Finkle, Dan Marino, Ace Ventura group costume to an NFL game, Thursday seems like a good time to do it. It's Halloween in Miami and the Dolphins are hosting the Bengals in a game you can see for as little as $27. Of course, if the Dolphins lose on a last second 26-yard field goal because the hold is not laces out, don't blame me.

Here's the lowest ticket price on Ticket City for each Week 8 game as of 3 a.m. ET on Thursday. The second price is the lowest price on the NFL ticket exchange run by Ticketmaster. Keep in mind, ticket prices change often.

1. Chicago at Green Bay: $121 -- $100

2. Pittsburgh at New England: $121 -- $89

3. Tampa Bay at Seattle: $112 -- $116

4. Minnesota at Dallas: $97 -- $95

5. Philadelphia at Oakland: $72 -- $83

6. Kansas City at Buffalo: $61 -- $56

7. New Orleans at NY Jets: $60 -- $62

8. Indianapolis at Houston: $55 -- $60

9. Atlanta at Carolina: $54 -- $49

10. San Diego at Washington: $44 -- $38

11. Cincinnati at Miami: $27 -- None available

12. Baltimore at Cleveland: $14 -- $21

13. Tennessee at St. Louis: $9 -- None available

From our friends at TicketCity, you can see the average ticket prices for some of the hottest Week 9 games.

NFL Week 9: Seahawks-Bucs tickets almost as much as Bears-Packers - CBSSports.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the NFL sale's suck,but we don't care.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imageshawks233.jpg

imageshawks2324.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone had a chance to review the plays that Alvin Bailey got in there for? I had no idea they put him in at some point. They moved McQ back to LG. and let Bailey take the reigns at LT for some plays.

O-line changes helped Seattle on Sunday - Seattle Seahawks Blog - ESPN

They give Bailey some plays, then went right back to the starting lineup. Give them credit for trying different players and combo, but I think the lineup we have is going to have to do until the starting Tackles return.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dominant Seahawks finally show up

ATLANTA -- Remember that potential Super Bowl team, the one so many expected from the Seattle Seahawks but hadn't really seen?

Now you've seen it.

Those Seahawks finally showed up Sunday in the Georgia Dome, running all over the Atlanta Falcons 33-10.

“Wow, what a game,” Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. “This was a terrific statement across the board. It was rock solid. It's really the best game we've played.”

The Seahawks have been saying all season they haven't played a complete game. Just wait, they've been saying. It'll happen, they've been saying.

They were right. This was scary good, and the timing of such a dominant game says a lot.

On a day when news broke that receiver Percy Harvin likely would return next weekend against the Vikings, Seattle receivers showed they're pretty good without him.

Golden Tate had six catches for 106 yards and a spectacular one-handed touchdown catch in the corner of the end zone, keeping both feet in bounds.

Doug Baldwin had five receptions, and Jermaine Kearse, starting for the injured Sidney Rice, had three catches, including a 43-yard TD.

“It's going to be exciting to get Percy out there,'' Tate said. “He will add another dimension to our game. But this game shows what we're capable of. Now it's about consistency and stepping up every week. If we do that, we can be a very dangerous team.”

The potential always has been there for the Seahawks, who are 9-1 overall and 5-1 on the road. But having it and showing it are two different things. Seattle showed it this time.

Let's count the ways:

Seattle had 490 yards of offense, including 211 yards rushing. Marshawn Lynch had 145 yards on 24 carries. He even had an assist on the 43-yard TD pass from Russell Wilson to Kearse, a gadget play when Lynch pitched it back to Wilson.

At one stretch late in the first half, Seattle had gains of 37, 43 and 46 yards on three consecutive offensive plays.

After two consecutive games allowing at least 200 yards rushing, the defense held the Falcons to only 64 yards on the ground.

Atlanta's only touchdown came late in the third quarter after Seattle built a 26-3 lead.
Kicker Steven Hauschka was 4-for-4 on field goals, including a 53-yarder. His shortest field goal was 39 yards.

Wilson completed 19 of 26 throws for 287 yards and two TDs for a 134.6 quarterback rating. He was sacked only once, but actually had more time to throw than a week ago, when he wasn't sacked.

The patchwork offensive line, minus three starters Sunday, had its best game of the season. Undrafted rookie Alvin Bailey proved he can play in the league, knocking people off the line of scrimmage and keeping rushers off Wilson while playing left tackle and right guard. He rotated in and out all game.

One week from now, the Seahawks may not need him. Starting tackles Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini are expected back for the home game against Minnesota.

“I thought we were phenomenal today,” Wilson said. “We did a great job in all phases of the game. We were really locked in. All week at practice, everybody was really tuned in.”

And here's my full disclosure: For the first time this season, I picked the Seahawks to lose. Judging by how poorly they had played in escaping with victories the past few weeks, I thought it would catch up with them Sunday.

And I wasn't alone. The betting line started the week with Seattle a 6½-point favorite. By kickoff on Sunday, it was down to 3½.

The bettors were dead wrong, and so was I. Considering how well the Seahawks played, maybe I should pick them to lose every week.

They have made it through the toughest part of their schedule with only one loss. Now they close out the regular season with four of their six games at home.

After hosting the Vikings, Seattle has its bye week and a 15-day break before one of the most important games of the season -- Monday night at home against the New Orleans Saints. Then the Seahawks play at San Francisco, finishing off back-to-back games that likely will decide home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.

“This one feels good," cornerback Richard Sherman said. “But we still haven't played our best ball. I think we'll get Percy out there next week, and we'll get both our tackles back. We'll see how far they can take us. We still have room to grow."

With Harvin's coming-out party about to arrive next week against his former team, and the offensive line about to get healthy, the Seahawks could be headed toward something special.

"The sky's the limit for us,'' linebacker K.J. Wright said. “And as good as this one was, we still haven't reached the clouds.”

The dominant Seahawks finally show up - Seattle Seahawks Blog - ESPN

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks take care of business vs. Falcons

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Nov. 10, 2013 at 05:13 p.m. Updated: Nov. 10, 2013 at 05:29 p.m.

It looked like one of the games of the year in August.

Week 10. Seattle Seahawks visiting the Atlanta Falcons. Two NFC superpowers in a rematch of their contentious playoff affair 10 months earlier.

It didn't quite work out that way, of course. The Seahawks still are great. The Falcons have cratered. To the surprise of no one, Seattle cruised to a 33-10 win on Sunday at the Georgia Dome.

Here's what else we learned:

1. The Seahawks put together their best all-around effort of the season, rendering the uneven play of the past two weeks a distant memory. At 9-1, the Seahawks continue to look like the best team in the NFC. Maybe the NFL.

2. Roddy White's return to the lineup didn't have the effect the Falcons had hoped. The veteran wide receiver -- out since Week 5 with knee and hamstring issues -- had one catch for 20 yards.

3. Perhaps the only negative aspect of Seattle's afternoon came in the first half, when cornerback Brandon Browner limped off the field with a groin injury. He did not return. A situation to track for a Legion of Boom cornerstone.

4. Sidney Rice is out for the year and Percy Harvin has yet to make his season debut, but there's still a lot to like about the Seahawks' wide receivers. Golden Tate showed again why he's one of the more underrated playmakers at his position. Jermaine Kearse, meanwhile, had another long touchdown catch and appears completely capable of filling Rice's shoes as a stretch-the-field playmaker.

5. I still think the Falcons should have traded Tony Gonzalez.

Seattle Seahawks take care of business vs. Falcons - NFL.com

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, Lynch, Seahawks keep Falcons heading south

CBSSports.com wire reports
Nov. 10, 2013

ATLANTA -- Now that's more like it for the Seattle Seahawks.

Shaking off some sluggish performances, the Seahawks put it all together against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.

Russell Wilson threw a pair of touchdowns passes, Marshawn Lynch ran for 145 yards and Seattle romped to a 33-10 victory in a one-sided rematch of last season's playoffs.

"It's the best game we've played," coach Pete Carroll said.

The first-place Seahawks (9-1), who lead the NFC race for home field, had looked especially vulnerable the past two weeks while struggling to beat lowly St. Louis and winless Tampa Bay.

No worries this time. It was over by halftime.

NFL Recap - Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons - Nov 10, 2013 - CBSSports.com Game Recap

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are showing that much more is possible

In Seattle’s collective mindset, greatness is not only attainable, but remains the goal that transcends all the victories and growing accolades.

Larry Stone
Seattle Times columnist

Russell Wilson was speaking about his own game, but the quarterback’s characteristic mix of humility and ambition resonated for the entire Seahawks team.

“I want to be great one day,” he said.

And therein is contained the source of ultimate optimism for this Seahawks team: Every achievement is tempered by the understanding that so much more is possible.

In their collective mindset, greatness is not only attainable, but remains the goal that transcends all the victories and growing accolades.

“We haven’t played our best ball yet at all,” said defensive back Walter Thurmond. “That’s the scary part for opposing teams, that we can still get better despite the fact we’re 10-1 right now.”

For the Seahawks, Wilson’s utopian vision is getting clearer. The pieces are falling into place. That elusive “one day” is inching ever closer, not only for him, but for his teammates.

On Sunday, in a 41-20 win over the Vikings, the outline of the finished portrait had never been more vivid.

You could see it in Wilson’s deadly precision and ever-growing mastery of the offense.

“I have been in love with Russell since I got over here,” said wide receiver Percy Harvin after his feverishly anticipated Seahawks debut. “Just the way he prepares for the game. He just makes everybody feel that much more comfortable, because he knows the system so much.”

You could see it in the revamped offensive line, which welcomed back Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini and gave Wilson time to carve up the Viking defense. No more scrambling every which way and heaving desperate passes one step ahead of the pack of rushers. Okung and Giacomini were “rusty,” in coach Pete Carroll’s words, but Wilson’s protection should only get better as they regain their form.

“The band is back together,” Okung said.

You could see it in the swarming Seahawk defense, which took it personally when some doubted their ability to stop the run. By the second half on Sunday, they had not only shut down a gimpy Adrian Peterson, but were hungrily fighting among themselves to grab the next errant pass by whichever flailing Vikings quarterback was in the game.

“It’s a great feeling right now,” said safety Earl Thomas. “We have to keep that humble mind frame and that brotherly feeling. When we play for our brothers, that’s when we play our best ball.

“That’s what we got back to. I think that got lost in that little two-game stretch. We got it fixed. We didn’t stay in the dumps when people said, ‘What’s wrong with the Seahawks?’ ”

Mostly, you could see it in the electric unveiling of Harvin, whose acquisition all those months ago was supposed to be the piece that put the Seahawks over the top — and may well turn out to be.

It was just a sneak preview on Sunday, a tantalizing hint of what Harvin can still provide after missing all season recovering from hip surgery. Thomas marveled at how just one kickoff return, a 58-yard burst, revealed the unique possibilities offered by Harvin’s combination of speed and power.

“He looks so different from all the other returners we have on the team,” Thomas said. “He’s just floating out there. He’s very smooth and fluid and effortless.”

And all it took was one dazzling reception, a juggling catch in which he tipped the ball to himself, for Harvin to show the extra dimension he can add to the Seattle offense.

The Seahawks have survived the injuries and lapses with just one loss, but enough close calls to ensure that their swagger falls in the category of a humble brag. They know what they can be, and how to get there. Just as important, they understand that their arrival is not guaranteed.

Golden Tate said the foundation for the Seahawks is “work our tails off... work, work, work and get as good as we can in the game plan, and execute.”

And then...

“We have to obviously play fundamental football: no turnovers, no penalties. And if they don’t show up to play, we should run them out of the stadium,” Tate said. “It’s as simple as that. I’m not trying to be arrogant or anything, but we’re confident right now. We’re playing some good football from head to toe.”

Again, the last word belonged to Wilson, summing up the team’s fierce desire to maximize its potential. The hunger remains even as the feast is being laid out in front of them.

“I believe personally,” he said, “we haven’t even started yet.”

Seahawks are showing that much more is possible | Larry Stone | The Seattle Times