• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawk talk

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that Okung was running with the bulls and I was rather surprised.

I thought that many of the top players had clauses built into their contracts to prevent them from participating in what would generally be considered "dangerous activities" and I would think that running with the bulls would fall into that catagory.

He should just follow the Walter Jones offseason activities schedule and push trucks around. More boring but more productive.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that Okung was running with the bulls and I was rather surprised.

I thought that many of the top players had clauses built into their contracts to prevent them from participating in what would generally be considered "dangerous activities" and I would think that running with the bulls would fall into that catagory.

He should just follow the Walter Jones offseason activities schedule and push trucks around. More boring but more productive.

Maybe he just wanted to prove to everybody that he could outrun Rex Ryan.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are a hot ticket this year! Any one sign up for their practice camps? I signed up for a couple of them. Wow was I surprised at how quick they filled up. I was holding back to see how I could change up my schedule and the next time I checked their were only two days still open.

That was fast ? Seahawks regular season games sold out | Q13 FOX News

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are five questions about Seattle heading into the preseason
Five questions as Seahawks begin training camp - 710sports.com

For me the five things I will be looking at and questions I have going into the preseason, they are...

5. The o-line- has it gelled and can it stay health. (year long question but can see if there healthy now and working together) I want to see better pass protection, too many times Wilson had to avoid the pass rush. If they can improve they could become even with SF. (best in league)

4. Bruce Irvin-Where dose he line up and dose he make any type of impact. Is he even allowed to play preseason games?

3.Cliff Avril/Clemons/Jordon Hill/Williams Jesse/ D-line- how dose it look, our they getting more pressure this year while maintaining the run D. I want to see the rookie DT's and see how they handle the big leagues. The reports I've read so far Pete has spoken highly of them. And as I have learn Pete doesn't usually lie to the media (unlike other coaches, such as Bill Belichick) And how healthy is Clemons, will we see him play in the preseason? (there is talk he might be ready for week one, if so do they do the Rg3 treatment and hold him out till the season starts)

2. Percy Harvin- how is he in the offense, I know there not going to show us everything but last year Golden tate was huge in the preseason and it showed though out the year that he had finally gotten it. So I want to see if Harvin wows me. (most likely will have to wait until the season begins when they finally unleash him). Also want to see if Harvin is laughing having a good time with his teammates and how he reacts with Wilson because of his past trouble in Minn, its something I want to watch. (not saying anything bad like minn will happen but I will be watching to see players reactions with him especially around Wilson.)

1. Christine Michael- I'm really looking forward to see him play and see his running style, vision and pass protection. I had know idea who he was or that Seattle would pick him in the second round this year. But it makes sense seeing as how we are a run first team and making sure are RBs are healthy and don't lose too much talent or change of style when giving lynch a breather is important. Again Pete has raved about him in the stories I have read and I can't wait to see it.

These are the five things I want to see when the preseason starts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin on the PUP list, so it's going to be a while until we get to see him on the field.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he might require hip surgery...

If that happens.. the trade for him is a disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya I saw, however I had already posted. Man that sucks. The only things Seattle has too worry about are there own focus and injuries, If we don't suffer from both we could beat anyone (not that we will but we could).

I guess the bright side is this is early so they can let him rest and be 100% fully rested/healthy by the time the season starts. (side note I wonder if this is going to stop anyone from picking him in our fantasy football league or how far he's going to slide because of this?)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be very bad no doubt. Not the end of the world , now days players have been coming back from injuries that would be the end of their career a decade ago. Not going to sugar coat however, this news sucks and may get worst.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he might require hip surgery...

If that happens.. the trade for him is a disaster.

I won't call it a disaster until we know the extent of the injury. If it's the whole season then I'll have to agree though. Anyhow, we have a decent core of receivers already. Heck, Wilson could throw at a sack potatoes and get first downs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who like to speculate on the 53 man roster.

Seahawks 53-man roster prediction 2.0 - Field Gulls

I'm not going to agree with his thoughts on OL. I think McQuistian sticks to the roster.

Yes to the 5 RB he picked.
Yes to the 6 WR
Yes to the 3 TE
Yes to the 7 DE
Yes to the 10 DB although they may just go with 8.
At LB I would switch out Bradford for Mike Morgan.

Any thoughs on this article about the 53 man roster prediction?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also OL Rishaw Johnson could be a keeper. Looked good in camp.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is it fair to say that Brady Quinn, though not a good QB, is better than most of the third string QBs around the NFL?