• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawk talk

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mynorthwest.com/292/2300795/Report-Schneiders-new-contract-runs-through-2016

It's about resizing are GM and to me this is worth raising a glass to celebrate.:suds: Sure he's made is share of mistakes but the fact that within three years he was able to re-due the roster and make it not only a team you think has a chance to win every time they hit the field but might also win the Superbowl is amazing to me. Add to the fact he seems to know how to get the most out of salary cap while planing for the future, just tells me we hit a gold mine, Hey John, Can I call you John? I got a great gig for you if you have some spare time, all you have to do is talk to Mariners owners and show them what having great leadership in the front office can do for your team. (if he got him to fire chuck and Howard I'd call him the greatest sports figure in Washington of all time!!!):laugh3:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts, Wilson is a great guy, but he's got to be a nightmare interview for any media member looking to get a juicy quote or headline or a conversation starter (if they're a radio host) that they can spend the better part of a week rehashing and analyzing and picking apart. He never says anything controversial. Ever. Maybe he can give Sherman some tips. lol

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman should give Russell some tips. Nothing wrong with opening up a bit. Perhaps they could give each other tips. A happy medium.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Jim Harbaugh, Seattle has a true sports nemesis - Blog - MyNorthwest.com

Details how the seahawks and 49ers are quickly becoming rivals that just hate each other. It talks about how Sea has a real rival unlike the 1980's claiming Raiders and Denver never picked Sea first as a rival for fans of each team. (no comment before my time) but that's not the case now. They also discuss the Rams and the secondary how great it is and trying to resign everyone.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman should give Russell some tips. Nothing wrong with opening up a bit. Perhaps they could give each other tips. A happy medium.

I can live with that. I know I'm harping on the Sherman thing a bit much and I know a lot of people here think what he's said is great for the team and all that, but when I pictured the Seahawks finally getting some national exposure, that isn't the reason I had in mind. I think it detracts from what should be the real story and that's the on-field performance and potential performance. It doesn't really matter what I think though. If Carroll finds it to be a distraction, he'll talk to Sherm about it I'm sure.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Jim Harbaugh, Seattle has a true sports nemesis - Blog - MyNorthwest.com

Details how the seahawks and 49ers are quickly becoming rivals that just hate each other. It talks about how Sea has a real rival unlike the 1980's claiming Raiders and Denver never picked Sea first as a rival for fans of each team. (no comment before my time) but that's not the case now. They also discuss the Rams and the secondary how great it is and trying to resign everyone.

I think the main reason why some of the fans of those teams didn't consider the Seahawks to be a "true" rival is because all those teams had been playing each other as division rivals in the AFL for years before the Seahawks even came into existence in the NFL, not to mention that the Seahawks weren't even in that division when they first entered the league. They spent 1976 in the NFC West. It's really the same reason a lot of fans of the current NFC West don't consider the Seahawks to be a "true" rival either. The Niners and Rams are rivals because they both played in California for decades before the Rams moved east and that's probably the only recognized "real" rivalry in the division. The Cards were in the NFC East for so long that their fans probably still consider the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles and Skins to be bigger rivals than they do the Seahawks.

Either way, the Seahawks have kinda gotten the "odd man out" treatment from some of the fans no matter what division they've played in. We maybe had a mini-rivalry with the Rams about 10 years ago when ours were the only two teams that seemed to be in contention for the division title for a few years, but that didn't have the same feel or intensity that this rivalry with the 49ers seems to be gaining. It'd be nice to finally have a rivalry that wasn't thought of as one-sided by the other team's fans.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]t9mWr9SfLE4#at=24[/YOUTUBE]

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]9StalZDuNAQ&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I always felt the Bear game was the real turning point, but no doubt that this game against the Pats was a big step also!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]VU73EiTbFqk#at=34[/YOUTUBE]

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]uMPaeOss1Sk&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Hothvictim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit it on the head when you said you disagree that" winning might not be enough". That is what actually matters. If he wins the Superbowl but put up so so stats, believe everyone will declare him to be great Seahawks have a good team Wilson doesn't have to put up great numbers to win, but he can if needed. He already shown fans that when needed, he can put points on the board quickly. He did in the playoffs in both games.
This year he has a full camp as starter and the team as a whole looks better. I'd be shocked if Wilson was less then great.

I would agree and I can think of two specific examples that you don't have to have great stats to be considered a great quarterback.

Player A

Career
2025 completions /3901 attempts / 51.9% completion rate
212 TD / 210 INT

Super Bowl Stats
49 completions / 84 attempts / 58.3% completion rate
9 TD / 4 INT

Player B

Career
2374 completions / 3762 attempts / 63.1% completion rate
212 TD / 210 INT

Super Bowl Stats
55 completions / 91 attempts / 60.4% completion rate
3 TD / 5 INT

Player A is a HOF quarterback and Player B is considered a great quarterback (by some) and may someday be in the HOF. Ironically, both QB's play(ed) for Pittsburgh.

Player A is Terry Bradshaw (4-0 in SuperBowls) and Player B is Ben Roethlisberger (2-1 in SuperBowls)

Ben was 9/21 and had 0 TD / 2 INT in his win over the Seahawk's in SB XL.

The point is that greatness can be defined several ways. Either you win lots of SuperBowls like Bradshaw or you are a stats generating machine like Marino or Moon but have no SB wins. Both can be considered great HOF QB's. I however would take a QB with average stats if I could be 4-0 in SuperBowls every day of the week.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibangedlolojones has had his access to this board removed.