• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers play the White Sox in Chicago August 22-25

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya but until these issues are resolved I can't even begin to think of needing a ace for seven years. Like needing a silver saddle before you have a horse.
I actually don't think anyone would be on board for that. Like I said I am not for giving anyone 7 years at any position. Too many thing can happen. So agree with you there.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this will sound crazy for asking, but do you guys think we could possibly trade Odor and Mazara this offseason?

I remember hearing rumblings of some teams being interested in Mazara. He could probably be moved for a meager return.

As for odor, he’s due what 39 million? What if we chipped in 30 million and took another teams malcontent back in return?

Gallo, odor, and Mazara were billed as the cornerstones of this rebuild and 2 out of 3 are not very good. Gallo looks like an all star, Mazara is mediocre at best, and Odor is awful.

I’d almost rather try to build around Calhoun, gallo, and solak.

This offseason, we’ve gotta make some changes to the foundation.
Didn't a contender just lose a 2b the other night. I can't remember who it was. I just know when I heard it I had this really crazy thought that maybe they would be willing to take a chance on him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the White Sox were scouting Mazara quite a bit before the deadline. Could be a potential buyer. We have needed a left-handed power bat for years. We have some good pieces in the minors, obviously.
I like Mazara. Some act like he has fallen off a cliff but hits around .260 with 20 HRs and has a great arm. But I would be willing to see what was available from the ChiSox since we have a glutton OFers.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't a contender just lose a 2b the other night. I can't remember who it was. I just know when I heard it I had this really crazy thought that maybe they would be willing to take a chance on him.

I think it was the Indians or Twinkies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mazara. Some act like he has fallen off a cliff but hits around .260 with 20 HRs and has a great arm. But I would be willing to see what was available from the ChiSox since we have a glutton OFers.

Bravooooo there young man..........If Mazara was our biggest problem, we wouldn't be worrying about a catcher, a 3rd baseman, a etc...etc....etc.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bravooooo there young man..........If Mazara was our biggest problem, we wouldn't be worrying about a catcher, a 3rd baseman, a etc...etc....etc.
Haha! Been a long time since I was called a young man.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't it the truth

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they will come up to a team in the future that can't score a lot and lose a lot of low scoring games.
Building a team isn't a matter making 1 move. We were talking p
Hindsight in it's finest hour........We've got two guys right now who would be a stout #2 and #3/4 in most teams rotation.

So tell us. Who should we sign for a king's ransom and KNOW he'll be kicking ass here for years to come......Where did you stand on the Darvish issue? He was considered by many here to be that ace-of-aces and to date, he's been a rotational pitcher.
Where I stand isn't important where JD and the owners stand is important. I honestly don't they will do anything except sign some more Smyly's and Volquez's and Forsythe's and the team wallows around .500 again this coming season but hey we'll have a new kickass stadium

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where I stand isn't important where JD and the owners stand is important. I honestly don't they will do anything except sign some more Smyly's and Volquez's and Forsythe's and the team wallows around .500 again this coming season but hey we'll have a new kickass stadium

I just hope they have the sense to close the roof 90% of the time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you should just punt. What-the-hell......It's only 3rd down and we're at the oppentents 40.

Not kidding.....If you seriously think this, then if it were you - and you aren't - I'd have to jump ship!.....What you're basically saying is 'bad MLB team, bad farm system, bad FO and bad ownership b/c they just hope to put a team on the field - today/tomorrow/years to come - to fill an AC filled horrid prod stadium.......Let's revisit the Eddie Chiles days, without the cool air, eh?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should just punt. What-the-hell......It's only 3rd down and we're at the oppentents 40.

Not kidding.....If you seriously think this, then if it were you - and you aren't - I'd have to jump ship!.....What you're basically saying is 'bad MLB team, bad farm system, bad FO and bad ownership b/c they just hope to put a team on the field - today/tomorrow/years to come - to fill an AC filled horrid prod stadium.......Let's revisit the Eddie Chiles days, without the cool air, eh?
He reminds me of some other hard to please guy.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What difference will it make?

The whole point of building the new stadium is to get out of this heat which has hurt the teams play on the field and prevented us from putting butts in seats.

A game at home against the Angels the other day only had 15,000 people show up.

Some people think we will be more attractive to free agents as well.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm saying build a team make some moves like Cole, like Rendon or Grandal and blend in the Burke and Allard and Solak and others and put together a team that will fill the seats in the new stadium for years to come. Or we can sit on our hands and wait for something to happen in 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 years

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about signing Cole for seven years not to build a farm system.

You were saying that you can't imagine the team needing an ace within the next 7 years. The point was that you are insinuating that a team cannot be built around him within that time period. Ridiculous.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me of some other hard to please guy.
I'm easy to please just put a better than average product on the field and I'll be happy. Put a product out there like we've got right now and I'm going to Express my displeasure

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were saying that you can't imagine the team needing an ace within the next 7 years. The point was that you are insinuating that a team cannot be built around him within that time period. Ridiculous.
The intent was we don't need to worry about giving him or anyone a seven year contract period. We have far to many needs to be concerned about. Sorry about any confusion.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of building the new stadium is to get out of this heat which has hurt the teams play on the field and prevented us from putting butts in seats.

A game at home against the Angels the other day only had 15,000 people show up.

Some people think we will be more attractive to free agents as well.
We use to put butts in the seats in spite of the heat because we had a team people were wanting to see.
The really good FA's will come here but only for the bucks