• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers play the White Sox in Chicago August 22-25

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we are not putrid like some of the dregs in the league. We have a ways to go before we match up with the run production of the league leaders though. We have a lot of holes in the lineup that need to be filled before we can go to a WS.

My whole point to begin with was that we are not just an ace away from greatness. We have many holes to fill and a limited amount of money to fill them. Overspending on an ace, which is what we would have to do to buy one, may not be the best way to go about winning a WS.

With an ace and a 3B being two of the best prizes in free agency ¹ it seems we are FA shopping in the wrong offseason. One position is always overpriced amd risky, and the other is one where we just drafted 2 guys very high in the draft. Bad timing it seems.
How far away are those 2 3B men? 3 maybe 4 years are you suggesting we sit and wait? And so you think all pitchers are unreliable and overpriced? So when Burke and Allard etc become stars and starters and come due for big contracts will you claim that they will be potentially unreliable and potentially overpriced in your book

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far away are those 2 3B men? 3 maybe 4 years are you suggesting we sit and wait? And so you think all pitchers are unreliable and overpriced? So when Burke and Allard etc become stars and starters and come due for big contracts will you claim that they will be potentially unreliable and potentially overpriced in your book
Wait to do what? I know what my goal is. What is yours?

My goal is to build the best team in baseball and that will take patience. There is no magic to make us WS contenders overnight.

If your goal is to compete for a WC then what each of us thinks the team should do will never make sense to the other one.

I don't want to sacrifice that future WS contending team to win a few more games in 2020 and 2021. That means waiting to see what we have in guys like Jung, Huff, Taveras, JPM, Crouse, Winn and Henriquez. Hopefully, we will add them to some pieces already in place and add a couple of FA and make a trade or two.

I never said all pitchers are unreliable and overpriced. Guys perceived as aces are almost always overpriced. I didn't use the word unreliable, I used the word risky. In case you haven't noticed pitchers get injured a lot and having that much money at risk is dangerous.

I have said before, I don't want this team to sign anyone to a long term contract unless they are both young and proven. It is the Odor effect that forces me to feel that way. They fill out lineups amd rosters based on contract size too much.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far away are those 2 3B men? 3 maybe 4 years are you suggesting we sit and wait?
One day you think Jung should come up next week and the next day you think he is 3 or 4 years away. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideas for next year:

C who knows
1B Guzman
2B Solak
3B Gallo(I know)
SS Elvis
LF Santana
RF Mazara
CF Heineman
DH Calhoun

A long discussion is needed with Gallo. Guzman gets another chance with the bat. Mazara stays until something better comes along. If they sign Rendon then Heineman goes to the bench after a reshuffling of the deck.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really like the guys, but if we’re being objective here both mark teixera and Alex Rodriguez would be in my starting lineup at their positions. Not sitting on the bench.

I’m glad and mildly surprised to not see Odor’s name on the list.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really like the guys, but if we’re being objective here both mark teixera and Alex Rodriguez would be in my starting lineup at their positions. Not sitting on the bench.

I’m glad and mildly surprised to not see Odor’s name on the list.
What about Mitch?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Napoli not qualify for catcher? I like him ln front of Chirinos.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait to do what? I know what my goal is. What is yours?

My goal is to build the best team in baseball and that will take patience. There is no magic to make us WS contenders overnight.

If your goal is to compete for a WC then what each of us thinks the team should do will never make sense to the other one.

I don't want to sacrifice that future WS contending team to win a few more games in 2020 and 2021. That means waiting to see what we have in guys like Jung, Huff, Taveras, JPM, Crouse, Winn and Henriquez. Hopefully, we will add them to some pieces already in place and add a couple of FA and make a trade or two.

I never said all pitchers are unreliable and overpriced. Guys perceived as aces are almost always overpriced. I didn't use the word unreliable, I used the word risky. In case you haven't noticed pitchers get injured a lot and having that much money at risk is dangerous.

I have said before, I don't want this team to sign anyone to a long term contract unless they are both young and proven. It is the Odor effect that forces me to feel that way. They fill out lineups amd rosters based on contract size too much.
I'm not looking to build an immediate WS winner like you seem to imply. I'm looking to build a base on which we put together a future competitive team that will last years. Yo seem to think that it is a matter of just going thru the motions until all of our prospects pan out at some hazy point in the future.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideas for next year:

C who knows
1B Guzman
2B Solak
3B Gallo(I know)
SS Elvis
LF Santana
RF Mazara
CF Heineman
DH Calhoun

A long discussion is needed with Gallo. Guzman gets another chance with the bat. Mazara stays until something better comes along. If they sign Rendon then Heineman goes to the bench after a reshuffling of the deck.
I would swap Gallo and Calhoun and still sign Rendon

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day you think Jung should come up next week and the next day you think he is 3 or 4 years away. Lol
I said that it was my shot in the dark not figuring that it would actually happen. It will be 2021 maybe 2022 before we see him at the big league level.

I would also like to see White and Taveras get some playing time and see Odor put on the bench for the rest of the season and Solak play full time at 2nd

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1