• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers play the White Sox in Chicago August 22-25

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideas for next year:

C who knows
1B Guzman
2B Solak
3B Gallo(I know)
SS Elvis
LF Santana
RF Mazara
CF Heineman
DH Calhoun

A long discussion is needed with Gallo. Guzman gets another chance with the bat. Mazara stays until something better comes along. If they sign Rendon then Heineman goes to the bench after a reshuffling of the deck.

Why is a long discussion needed with Gallo? If they wanted him to play 3B, I am sure he would be there. Anyways he profile best at RF

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is a long discussion needed with Gallo? If they wanted him to play 3B, I am sure he would be there. Anyways he profile best at RF

If memory serves, the reason he isn't at 3rd right now is b/c he 'informed' the team his desire was not to be there. I thought the team had him penciled in for 3rd base for years to come and it was strictly on Gallo's part he wanted no part of it.

We had extended discussions about him being a natural 3rd baseman due to no small part because of his size. And many felt he would be a much more natural COF.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, the reason he isn't at 3rd right now is b/c he 'informed' the team his desire was not to be there. I thought the team had him penciled in for 3rd base for years to come and it was strictly on Gallo's part he wanted no part of it.

We had extended discussions about him being a natural 3rd baseman due to no small part because of his size. And many felt he would be a much more natural COF.

Not thinking so.... honestly thought Rangers were more the decisionmakers. Perhaps I have selective memory

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FS1

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking to build an immediate WS winner like you seem to imply. I'm looking to build a base on which we put together a future competitive team that will last years. Yo seem to think that it is a matter of just going thru the motions until all of our prospects pan out at some hazy point in the future.
It isn't going through the motions. It is going through a process where things are done when it is time to do them and where certain things take awhile to sccomplish.

I didn't think you were trying to build an immediate WS.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not thinking so.... honestly thought Rangers were more the decisionmakers. Perhaps I have selective memory
They decided first and then he decided he was tired of being moved.