• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MVP Poll

Who is your NFL MVP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, a cakewalk schedule that had GB playing 8 games against playoff teams and another 4 against teams that had either a winning record and barely missed the playoffs or finished 8-8. Sounds pretty easy to me

10 - 6 :wank:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majority of Matt Ryan's games were stat padding vs garbage defenses in Domes while Majority of Rodgers games were vs good defenses in the outdoors and many teams they faced down the stretch were fighting for the playoffs (Vikes, Philly, Texans, and Lions). ATL played vs teams that were fighting for a higher draft choice down the stretch. Ryan should get the O player of the year and Rodgers should get the MVP but it will be the other way around.
Atlanta has played the tip ranked defensive schedule in the NFL as an FYI

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majority of Matt Ryan's games were stat padding vs garbage defenses in Domes while Majority of Rodgers games were vs good defenses in the outdoors and many teams they faced down the stretch were fighting for the playoffs (Vikes, Philly, Texans, and Lions). ATL played vs teams that were fighting for a higher draft choice down the stretch. Ryan should get the O player of the year and Rodgers should get the MVP but it will be the other way around.

Did you type that nonsense with a straight face or with one hand in your pants?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. Media votes. Way bigger story for them if Tom wins.

Could be, but most of those media boys were swinging from Goodell's nuts when the phony ass, ball deflation issue was in the news.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but most of those media boys were swinging from Goodell's nuts when the phony ass, ball deflation issue was in the news.
We shall see. I trust the media about 0 percent

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd get a kick out of it if they did vote him MVP, but I don't see it.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you type that nonsense with a straight face or with one hand in your pants?

Panthers, TB, NO, Raiders, SD, Chiefs, and the Packers all have below average to terrible pass defenses and the last four teams the Falcons played was the Rams, 49ers, Panthers and Saints. All those teams were already mathematically out of the postseason when ATL faced them. Again, he stat padded vs the garbage pass defenses and took advantage of teams out of the postseason in the last four games. All this plus he has the better run game, and coaching staff and significantly worse SOS.

I think Matt's a nice player but the stats are inflated a little.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GD how does a guy with the 17th most pass attempts have inflated pass stats? Serious question. You can say Atlanta played weak defenses or whatever but the fact is it was the top ranked defensive schedule in the league and Atlanta threw it LESS than most teams. I know you're backing your dude but you're wrong on this one factually.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GD how does a guy with the 17th most pass attempts have inflated pass stats? Serious question. You can say Atlanta played weak defenses or whatever but the fact is it was the top ranked defensive schedule in the league and Atlanta threw it LESS than most teams. I know you're backing your dude but you're wrong on this one factually.

That's proving my point actually.

Matt and Tommy boy are #1 and #2 in YAC avg with both at about 6.4 YAC avg per catch. Basically a 3.5 yard check down or screen pass will end up as first down for him on average. Combine that with the terrible SOS, more bad pass defenses faced in dome conditions than the other QB MVP candidates, and the final four game stretch vs garbage teams fighting for a higher draft choice. Again, I could care less who wins but this is just the way I see it. If the roles were reversed and Ryan is doing what Rodgers has done and vice versa with the same exact situation then I would support Ryan over Rodgers. I thought JJ Watt or Romo should've won the MVP over Rodgers in 14. I thought Sanders should've been the MVP over Favre one year.

Team Yards After Catch Statistics: 2016 NFL Season

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's proving my point actually.

Matt and Tommy boy are #1 and #2 in YAC avg with both at about 6.4 YAC avg per catch. Basically a 3.5 yard check down or screen pass will end up as first down for him on average. Combine that with the terrible SOS, more bad pass defenses faced in dome conditions than the other QB MVP candidates, and the final four game stretch vs garbage teams fighting for a higher draft choice. Again, I could care less who wins but this is just the way I see it. If the roles were reversed and Ryan is doing what Rodgers has done and vice versa with the same exact situation then I would support Ryan over Rodgers. I thought JJ Watt or Romo should've won the MVP over Rodgers in 14. I thought Sanders should've been the MVP over Favre one year.

Team Yards After Catch Statistics: 2016 NFL Season
You can keep calling the defenses Atlanta has played bad but it's just not true. Number 1 ranked defensive schedule this year. And if you think Ryan is throwing check downs you clearly haven't watched Atlanta this year. They throw it down field more than any team in the league by a massive margin. Any way keep fighting the good fight but don't make stuff up

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preview

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an FYI there isn't a QB left in the playoffs who has more air yards ( yards the ball traveled in the air before being caightv) than Ryan does. Yes Atlanta has a lot of YAC but that's to be expected with their play makers. You can have both. A 30 yards pass that turns into a 75 yard TD is both a long pass and a lot of YAC.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief... You have to have David Johnson in there before Elliott... Elliott shouldn't even be in the discussion...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady will win personally. Story is too good for the media to pass on .

Never seen a guy win MVP with only 12 games under his belt...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief... You have to have David Johnson in there before Elliott... Elliott shouldn't even be in the discussion...
yep and Emmitt Smith wasn't shit neither compared to Sanders but the hoop posters all like Dallas.

what a bunch of shit you guys spew

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep and Emmitt Smith wasn't shit neither compared to Sanders but the hoop posters all like Dallas.

what a bunch of shit you guys spew

WTF you talking about? Did I say Elliott was horrible? Point is, he didn't have a better year than D. Johnson... If D. Johnson isn't an option, nor should Elliott...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that I'm a bit shocked at all the votes for Rodgers. Leads me to believe that some folks are voting on reputation alone because every other guy on the list is more deserving of the award this year than he is.

I had contemplated no putting him in the poll, but instead decided to use his name like fly paper

10-6 record, sucked for half the year and gets votes for MVP
I'm surprised Brady is even in the discussion.