• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which NFC East is on the hottest seat?

What NFC East coach is most in danger of losing his job?

• Mike McCarthy

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Brian Daboll

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nick Sirianni

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Potato salad with cheese and bacon bits on top

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets full control yes and Howie manages only the cap and goes back to the broom closet.
Lol, Howie is established. They will work great together if it comes to that. There will not be much work to do with the roster anyway.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure who else would want the Eagles job. Sure, it's an NFL HC job, but there are very few opportunities to make meaningful player changes outside of the Draft.
I think if Belichick wants to coach, he would take the job to try and get another ring. Vrabel too but both guys are established coaches and that might be the key. The roster is solid and if a guy is just looking to win a championship, it's a good job. But I do see your point about putting their own stamp on things.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sirianni falls short of the playoffs, he is gone IMO. He was given one more chance, one more than I frankly think he deserved. Let's see how he handles this incredible opportunity. The Eagles look pretty good on paper and Moore and Fangio are established coordinators. They may both have some warts, but they are solid coordinators and their schemes seem to be big improvements over what Philly was running last season with Sirianni overriding his oc only to call vanilla plays with no formation shifts, and then installing Pencil-ear as his dc. These coordinators and this personnel is basically like driving a Lambo to the playoffs. If you can't keep this thing going, you maybe suck at coaching.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Howie is established. They will work great together if it comes to that. There will not be much work to do with the roster anyway.
Established or not the Hoodie's ego won't allow him to work with or under Howie. He wants full roster control and that's well known.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sirianni falls short of the playoffs, he is gone IMO. He was given one more chance, one more than I frankly think he deserved. Let's see how he handles this incredible opportunity. The Eagles look pretty good on paper and Moore and Fangio are established coordinators. They may both have some warts, but they are solid coordinators and their schemes seem to be big improvements over what Philly was running last season with Sirianni overriding his oc only to call vanilla plays with no formation shifts, and then installing Pencil-ear as his dc. These coordinators and this personnel is basically like driving a Lambo to the playoffs. If you can't keep this thing going, you maybe suck at coaching.
Loses in the first round he's gone.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true.

Both Philly & Dallas are playing this season for their head ball coach.
sorta funny..all things considered.
Yes this is it. Both need a solid run in the playoffs but Nicky also needs to gain the vet players respect back.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this is it. Both need a solid run in the playoffs but Nicky also needs to gain the vet players respect back.
The big difference between the Cowboys and Eagles coaching situation is that the Cowboys could part ways with their coach and there’s a good reason to consider that the person they hire is worse. McCarthy is at least a great regular season coach. The guy they hire could be a dude who isn’t even good in the regular season. However, based on what Sirianni is tasked with doing and how uninvolved he is on offense, if his team fails enough to have him lose his job, there are likely fewer coaches who could be worse than Nick.

I guess what I’m saying is that Mike McCarthy is more likely to get his next head coaching job before Sirianni.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirianni and McCarthy are probably both canned shy of a great season. For McCarthy, a trip to the NFCCG likely saves his job, but Sirianni probably needs another trip to the Super Bowl at minimum to save his job. Same team that kicked Reid to the curb, and canned Pederson a couple years removed from winning a title. Philly's ownership has very little patience for failure. Talk about ruthless. I like it.