• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which NFC East is on the hottest seat?

What NFC East coach is most in danger of losing his job?

• Mike McCarthy

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Brian Daboll

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nick Sirianni

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Potato salad with cheese and bacon bits on top

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirianni has supposedly learned from his awful mistake of hiring idiots to run both sides of the ball. He was probably promoted too early if he needed that lesson, but training on the job works. Just look at Tom Brady. He started pretty lame and just kept getting better and better. Nick will be able to do his job if the coordinators do theirs.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Daboll is pretty much a dead man walking simply because the team flat out isn't talented enough to get him out of it but I voted Sirianni because he has zero excuses if things go south. Nobody can point to the co-ordinaters this season if they suffer another meltdown. They have about as solid a roster as anybody and anything less than an NFCCG would be considered a failure. Also, Lurie has shown that he won't hesitate to pull the plug, no matter what past success a guy had.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,956.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Daboll is for sure. With the ny media and the expectations they put on him

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirianni.

the green mile prison GIF

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dead heat. From what you read all three were almost (and probably should have been) fired last year. Sirianni had one of the worst, most delightful collapses in NFL history and probably only survived because his coordinators were scapegoated. McCarthy came up short AGAIN when it mattered most and he and his coaching staff were clearly outcoached again in a playoff loss and I'm not sure how the heck Daboll is still the HC

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's Daboll because Belichik has practically come out and said he covets the Giants job. So Daboll would need a surprisingly good season to stave that off.

Belichick isnt going to coach again. He might want to but to the rest of the league isn't going to want him.

The game has passed him by. And it is pretty damn clear from the last couple of seasons that he isnt capable of developing young talent especially on offense. What team that fires its coach is going to be in a position where the new head coach who doesnt need to develop young offensive talent?

You literally have to go back to the 2010 NFL draft to find an offensive skill position player that developed under Belichick and that was fricking Gronk. During that entire 14 year period by FAR the best player he can hang his hat on is Rhamondre Stevenson.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Giants ..

They have not lost a regular season game this year

And Jones? hottest QB in NFL

Has not thrown an interception yet

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Daboll is pretty much a dead man walking simply because the team flat out isn't talented enough to get him out of it but I voted Sirianni because he has zero excuses if things go south. Nobody can point to the co-ordinaters this season if they suffer another meltdown. They have about as solid a roster as anybody and anything less than an NFCCG would be considered a failure. Also, Lurie has shown that he won't hesitate to pull the plug, no matter what past success a guy had.
Kinda my read on things. Sirianni basically gets fired if he ever goes 3 games below .500 or misses the playoffs, I think.

The thing about Daboll is that he might keep his job if he plays his way out of a QB sweepstakes in next year's draft. I know its hard to predict draft classes but not a lot of people are excited about the QB crop next year. If the Giants win 6 or 7 games then they might roll with Daboll one more season. Giants have some exciting players. A big thing to watch in this division is Malik Nabers and Jayden Daniels. Nabers is already getting overanalyzed by NY media for 'getting open but not getting any targets'. Its one preseason game, guys.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all three could be fired depending on how the season plays out. Daboll seems the most likely to me. The chances that that team is good are quite low.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda my read on things. Sirianni basically gets fired if he ever goes 3 games below .500 or misses the playoffs, I think.

The thing about Daboll is that he might keep his job if he plays his way out of a QB sweepstakes in next year's draft. I know its hard to predict draft classes but not a lot of people are excited about the QB crop next year. If the Giants win 6 or 7 games then they might roll with Daboll one more season. Giants have some exciting players. A big thing to watch in this division is Malik Nabers and Jayden Daniels. Nabers is already getting overanalyzed by NY media for 'getting open but not getting any targets'. Its one preseason game, guys.
I don't think Sirianni even has to have things go that bad but if either of those scenarios happen, it's a no brainer. I think even finishing behind Dallas in the division and losing in the first round would be the end of Sirianni. Lurie won't hesitate, imo. I mean hell, Dougie P got the boot only a couple years removed from a SB win.
You could be right on Daboll. It's gonna be a tough road for him though. That sorta fluke 2022 season raised the expectations too much, I think. Nabers helps but I don't know if it's enough or if they will have the same old issues in the trenches they've had seemingly forever. Not much depth on offense if they have any injuries. The defense might keep them in a few games though. They are really good up front. 5-7 wins is the best they can hope for, imo and 7 would require some breaks to go their way.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sirianni even has to have things go that bad but if either of those scenarios happen, it's a no brainer. I think even finishing behind Dallas in the division and losing in the first round would be the end of Sirianni. Lurie won't hesitate, imo. I mean hell, Dougie P got the boot only a couple years removed from a SB win.
You could be right on Daboll. It's gonna be a tough road for him though. That sorta fluke 2022 season raised the expectations too much, I think. Nabers helps but I don't know if it's enough or if they will have the same old issues in the trenches they've had seemingly forever. Not much depth on offense if they have any injuries. The defense might keep them in a few games though. They are really good up front. 5-7 wins is the best they can hope for, imo and 7 would require some breaks to go their way.
I'm not sure who else would want the Eagles job. Sure, it's an NFL HC job, but there are very few opportunities to make meaningful player changes outside of the Draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick isnt going to coach again. He might want to but to the rest of the league isn't going to want him.

The game has passed him by. And it is pretty damn clear from the last couple of seasons that he isnt capable of developing young talent especially on offense. What team that fires its coach is going to be in a position where the new head coach who doesnt need to develop young offensive talent?

You literally have to go back to the 2010 NFL draft to find an offensive skill position player that developed under Belichick and that was fricking Gronk. During that entire 14 year period by FAR the best player he can hang his hat on is Rhamondre Stevenson.
Defense was still money. Even with such a shitty offense.

"The game passed him by" is a lame critique.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure who else would want the Eagles job. Sure, it's an NFL HC job, but there are very few opportunities to make meaningful player changes outside of the Draft.
Belichick. Duh.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dead heat. From what you read all three were almost (and probably should have been) fired last year. Sirianni had one of the worst, most delightful collapses in NFL history and probably only survived because his coordinators were scapegoated. McCarthy came up short AGAIN when it mattered most and he and his coaching staff were clearly outcoached again in a playoff loss and I'm not sure how the heck Daboll is still the HC
completely agree with most of it.
I do think Daboll is a little bit insulated with the fact he has had shit to work with.
Cowboys & Eagles cant say that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A repeat of last season and Nicky is gone. There's no one else to throw under the bus.