• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If Mahomes and the Chiefs 3-peat will Mahomes be the GOAT QB?

If the Chiefs and Mahomes 3-peat will he be the GOAT?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate football

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. When I’m invited into your criteria, I have to agree. However, if I think about this criteria and I apply it to other times, when Montana was GOAT I answer Marino to this question. When the GOAT was Brady I might have picked Manning with your criteria.

That’s why for me it’s about your track record and the resume you post when you’re done. Just my opinion. How you make these decisions is almost as fun a debate as the debate about the players.
Oh for sure there is no scientific answer to the GOAT debates that’s what make them fun. Every sport has those handful of tippy top level guys who can make a case, but they all have different coaches, teammates, competitors, eras, positions, peak vs longevity etc. you can make great cases for most of them.

For me this one is clear IMO. Same position for one thing, similar eras for Brady vs Mahomes. No one else is really in the conversation and if I have to win a game or I face a firing squad I want Mahomes

Other GOAT debates are impossible for me to choose like Jordan vs LeBron

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes might be better than Brady...maybe...but I can't put either one ahead of the surgeon. Before you ask me why...look at what the Raiders did to the Washington offense in Super Bowl XVIII. You could never get away with that today.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Raider fan, I hate to say this but IMO it's yes.

He will have accomplished something Brady never did with a 3-peat. And at just 29 (bday is in September) he will have time to get even more.
Of all the things Brady did, if Mahommes does one thing that Brady didn't it does not catapult him to the top.

Let him match or exceed a few other records Brady has.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not the GOAT. He has basically played 6 seasons. He has less passing yards than Jake Plummer. He needs more time before he can even be in that conversation. But, certainly a three peat would raise his name in the all time rankings a little more as will his incredible play each year even without another SB. He gets closer to the top every season he plays.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said yes because he will be 29 at the time and far from done
I also think Mahomes will benefit from today's rules like Brady did. Number one, the coverage rules and defenceless receiver rules heavily favor the passing game. And two, taking nothing away from Tom, but I don't think he was some kind of medical Marvel. If he played in the 70's-early 90's when you could get smashedat QB, he would have retired at 34-35. A lot of QB's will play till their 40's going forward in today's two below flag football for the Quarterback

Last edited:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correct answer is its premature. A ton of QBs have looked great in short periods but far fewer for the bulk of their career. Aaron Rodgers will always be considered a great qb and HOFer. Just not the goat.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correct answer is its premature. A ton of QBs have looked great in short periods but far fewer for the bulk of their career. Aaron Rodgers will always be considered a great qb and HOFer. Just not the goat.
I don’t think anyone has as good a start to their career this deep into their career as Mahomes. Marino comes the closest, but Mahomes is still ahead there.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correct answer is it’s premature. A ton of QBs have looked great in short periods but far fewer for the bulk of their career. Aaron Rodgers will always be considered a great qb and HOFer. Just not the goat.
Yuh, any instances of sporting a man bun are instant disqualifications for GOAT discussion.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes has shown a lot more than "great in a short period" dude. He's played the position better than anyone before him for a number of years and has the SB MVPs to show for it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Brady still the GOAT … When Mahomes is done with his career we can judge that …

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heck...one real good season could put him in some team top 10 All Time passing catagories

lol...pulling for Williams.
4,000 yards sets a franchise record. 30 passing TDs sets a franchise record. He could break the yards record this year and the TDs at some point in his career. The bears have had some awful QBs.