• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MVP Poll

Who is your NFL MVP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that I'm a bit shocked at all the votes for Rodgers. Leads me to believe that some folks are voting on reputation alone because every other guy on the list is more deserving of the award this year than he is.

I had contemplated no putting him in the poll, but instead decided to use his name like fly paper :dhd:

10-6 record, sucked for half the year and gets votes for MVP :L

Team would probably be 3-13 without him

See: the Colts without Peyton Manning that one season

That's probably the truest definition of an MVP

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team would probably be 3-13 without him

See: the Colts without Peyton Manning that one season

That's probably the truest definition of an MVP

Sure, except they were 1-4 with him and they didn't exactly have a tough schedule.

Not MVP worthy.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, except they were 1-4 with him and they didn't exactly have a tough schedule.

Not MVP worthy.

Well, in reality they started the season 4-2

During a 4 game losing streak, the Packers defense was surrendering an average of 40 points per game

In a lot of the Packers losses this season, Rodgers was typical Rodgers, while his defense was getting mauled, Skins and Titans losses come to mind

And since announcing "we will run the table", he has 18 total TD's and 0 picks, while winning 6 straight

pretty impressive

But I think Ryan is more deserving this season

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in reality they started the season 4-2

During a 4 game losing streak, the Packers defense was surrendering an average of 40 points per game

In a lot of the Packers losses this season, Rodgers was typical Rodgers, while his defense was getting mauled, Skins and Titans losses come to mind

And since announcing "we will run the table", he has 18 total TD's and 0 picks, while winning 6 straight

pretty impressive

But I think Ryan is more deserving this season

Yesterday, on another thread you were complaining that Pats fans always run cover for Brady and nothing was ever his fault. Now you do what you accused others of doing.

Packers started 1-4, Rodgers was not very good.

BTW, if you think Ryan is more deserving why did you vote for Rodgers?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, on another thread you were complaining that Pats fans always run cover for Brady and nothing was ever his fault. Now you do what you accused others of doing.

Packers started 1-4, Rodgers was not very good.

BTW, if you think Ryan is more deserving why did you vote for Rodgers?

Packers started the season 4-2

That's not exactly a debate based on opinion

So when you are ready to acknowledge, let me know, and Ill be happy to continue the conversation

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers started the season 4-2

That's not exactly a debate based on opinion

So when you are ready to acknowledge, let me know, and Ill be happy to continue the conversation

My bad. Not sure why this site omitted the first 4 games on their list.https://www.google.com/search?q=green+bay+packers+schedule&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 and I didn't waste a lot of time checking dates.

However, this doesn't address the fact that the Rodgers led Packers lost 4 in a row and 5 out of 6 in what should have been a cakewalk schedule. It also doesn't answer the question of voting for Rodgers when you said Matt Ryan was more deserving?

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, a cakewalk schedule that had GB playing 8 games against playoff teams and another 4 against teams that had either a winning record and barely missed the playoffs or finished 8-8. Sounds pretty easy to me

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Not sure why this site omitted the first 4 games on their list.https://www.google.com/search?q=green+bay+packers+schedule&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 and I didn't waste a lot of time checking dates.

However, this doesn't address the fact that the Rodgers led Packers lost 4 in a row and 5 out of 6 in what should have been a cakewalk schedule. It also doesn't answer the question of voting for Rodgers when you said Matt Ryan was more deserving?

Im torn, and how do you know I voted for Rodgers?

I think Ryan was the more consistent over a 16 game schedule

As you mentioned, Rodgers wasn't as consistent, but when I look at the Packers really awful defense, and a running game where he was the second leading rusher on the team, and his RB was really a WR his whole career, and going for 18TD's and Zero Picks, ever since the famous "we will run the table", its a tough call for me

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im torn, and how do you know I voted for Rodgers?

I think Ryan was the more consistent over a 16 game schedule

As you mentioned, Rodgers wasn't as consistent, but when I look at the Packers really awful defense, and a running game where he was the second leading rusher on the team, and his RB was really a WR his whole career, and going for 18TD's and Zero Picks, ever since the famous "we will run the table", its a tough call for me

Not sure why the line "your vote will be publicly visible" is not showing at the bottom, but I did choose that option when I created the poll and anyone can see who voted for who.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the line "your vote will be publicly visible" is not showing at the bottom, but I did choose that option when I created the poll and anyone can see who voted for who.

Gotcha!......I don't really care, I just didn't know that was an option, so was curious

Yeah, I just clicked in Rodgers fast, but with serious thought, it may be Ryan that deserves it most

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like in boxing, the fighter that finishes the round strong is usually the one that impresses the judges

his final 6 game performance I'm sure will sway some votes his way

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha!......I don't really care, I just didn't know that was an option, so was curious

Yeah, I just clicked in Rodgers fast, but with serious thought, it may be Ryan that deserves it most

I knew Rodgers would get some votes, but I figured his total would be lower and Derek Carr's would be higher.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Rodgers would get some votes, but I figured his total would be lower and Derek Carr's would be higher.

I think Carr being really dreadful at KC on national TV, in a very big game, may have left a bad taste in everyones' mouths

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carr being really dreadful at KC on national TV, in a very big game, may have left a bad taste in everyones' mouths

That's a tough place to play, especially if their defense gets rolling. I really can't hold that one game against him considering his play the rest of the season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough place to play, especially if their defense gets rolling. I really can't hold that one game against him considering his play the rest of the season.

He was great, and I think you will see how valuable he was in this postseason where the Raiders may not survive a game

Id have no problem with him getting in, just think its a long shot at this point

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was great, and I think you will see how valuable he was in this postseason where the Raiders may not survive a game

Id have no problem with him getting in, just think its a long shot at this point

I don't think he wins it either, but I think he'll get a few votes and he certainly merits consideration.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not MVP worthy.

Great run to close out the season...true to his word...they ran the table, but prior to that they were in a hole needing to climb out. He was part of that as well...not his yr for MVP.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like in boxing, the fighter that finishes the round strong is usually the one that impresses the judges

his final 6 game performance I'm sure will sway some votes his way
Ryan was just as good as Rodgers in the last 6 and vastly superior the first 10. Rodgers is a candidate mostly because he's Rodgers. Same story with Brady. Both those guys were great this year. They just weren't as great as Ryan. It is what it is

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan was just as good as Rodgers in the last 6 and vastly superior the first 10. Rodgers is a candidate mostly because he's Rodgers. Same story with Brady. Both those guys were great this year. They just weren't as great as Ryan. It is what it is

never said Rodgers or Brady was going to win it - as a matter of fact, I voted for Ryan

but the public perception and media love affair for both will take votes away from Ryan and that is a fact

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow GB but I watched them last night. Their RB's avg'd 6 yards a carry last night and had over 100 yards on like 17 carries by Ripkowski and Montgomery. Montgomery avg's 6 yards a carry for the season and Lacy was doing over 5 before injury. Blount for NE avg's 3.9 yards a carry but leads in TDs . Some teams choose to throw inside the 5 while some hand off the rock. Their O line seemed like they gave Rodgers of plenty of time to throw. again this is based of what I saw in 1 game

Montgomery's running back season is like 3 games and had one good game getting 162 yards in one game against the Bears on 16 carries because of 2 long runs in one game which was his first full time start at running back. So a 10 yard average from that game with limited carries can make an average seem better than it is