• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should Tua retire?

Should Tua retire?

• Yes

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • It's his life, his decision

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • NFL is back tater salad

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I knew him and he asked me, I’d lobby for him to hang it up.

He got the other concussions from his head hitting natural grass. And this one was from a skinny DBacks arm and shoulder. Not helmet to helmet or nasty collisions.

He’s been playing football most of his life. There’s nothing left to teach to minimize the risk. And he has so much life left to live.

How Dare You Stare GIF by Quinta B

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,580.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmets are better protection for skull fractures than they are for concussions.
The concussion occurs when the head is stopped suddenly and the brain keeps going and bounces off the skull.
right. But they have brought new tech for concussions (allegedly)
Remember Pollard wearing that Neck thing that is supposed to help prevent a concussion. (it like wraps around the neck)
& there is other things as well to help prevent concussions.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There needs to be a time in everyone life where you got to say Fuck your dreams and Asperations. There is another way..................

Tua's time is now

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but Pride and Asperations are part of the devils devices
I agree. If I were his friend, I would try to talk him out of it. But it’s his decision. The only person who has to live with the direct implications of that decision is him.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he hit Hamlin's chest or arm? The reports have said that Tua hit his head on Hamlin's chest, but it seems like it was more Hamlin's arm. I'm not sure he hit Hamlin's chest at all. It's concerning that anything can knock him out. This seems to be a normal NFL collision where the ball carrier puts his head down to gain the extra yard or two.

View attachment 374001

It was barely hit at all. Hamlin basically just got in his way and blocked his forward progress. The guy's head flops around like a bobble head doll when he falls. He just doesn't seem to know how to fall and/or absorb contact.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If I were his friend, I would try to talk him out of it. But it’s his decision. The only person who has to live with the direct implications of that decision is him.
I would probably extend those implications to his immediate family, maybe not in the present but in the future. Of course, maybe the damage is already done. Otherwise yeah, totally agree with everything you said.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it's his decision... but at this point if Tua doesn't retire he's basically heading towards ol Reg

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very smart.

Well this is basically required at this point. If the Dolphins tried to march him out against Seattle this weekend, the fines and penalties would be massive. Now Goodell and the owners probably couldn't give two giant fucks about Tua and his health... they just want the cash... but you got those pesky liberals and assholes like Will Smith and his stupid concussion movie caring about these guys. Fuckin' ridiculous.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,501.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few games is required but missing 4 games is not required at this point.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll see how long it takes him to clear concussion protocols before I make my decision. If it is a 6-8 week thing or more he's really gotta consider it. Also I hate to say it, but it kinda might depend on his contract too. How it's structured, how it treats retirement vs injury vs whatever. What kind of insurance is included. Etc.

Giving up/back 200 million dollars would be a hard pill to swallow for many Billionaires, much less a guy who "only" has 220 million or whatever.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just got a $212 million contract extension in the offseason.

Which means he should definitely retire, start a podcast and spend a third of every episode reading ads from sponsors.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua after his 20th concussion....

The best part of that movie is where Reggie Ray is on a stretcher 20 yards out of bounds and gets his last concussion because 4th string QB Captain America throws a ball and hits him in the head.

The announcer:

a42e9c87-f9d1-4a56-88b7-bae82a623f50_text.gif

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman had 10 concussions in his career.
Roger Staubach had 20 concussions...........6 times knocked unconscious.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT, it maybe the TEAM'S decision not to want Tua, if it happens too often.
A team, can't continually lose a franchise QB, for any length of time, season after season.

But, I wish him well, in future health.

Last edited:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman had 10 concussions in his career.
Roger Staubach had 20 concussions...........6 times knocked unconscious.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT, it maybe the TEAM'S decision not to want Tua, if it happens too often.
A team, can't continually lose a franchise QB, for any length of time, season after season.

But, I wish him well, in future health.
Everyone focuses on Tua's decision, and it is his decision if he wants to put himself back out there, but no one seems to really focus on the larger picture. That, to me, is just as important because Tua may want to play - but if you are a team owner, or even the NFL, do you really WANT Tua out there dying on the field, or live footage of him turning into a mental tossed salad for the entire world to see?

While we all know football is a dangerous sport, I think there is an underlying issue here with players who clearly have a history of head trauma and then allowing them to go back out onto the field. Despite their damndedest to cover themselves, I have a hard time not seeing a lawsuit in the future for an organization allowing a guy who's brain was already basically jello-salad and then watching him melt fully down.

Just because someone wants a job does not mean that the company has to give him one. I think the NFL, and the Dolphins, would do well to make this decision for Tua if for no other reason than for their own selfishness in protecting themselves for any potential damages down the road.

Tua had a concussion in College (at least 1 that is recorded that I am aware of) had the 1 concussion where he wasn't truly diagnosed properly (the one where he was out on his feet and fell down) then 3 more documented in the NFL. All with fencing posture, indicated trauma to the brain/brain stem. This isn't one of those he got knocked silly for a bit...he was hit and the trauma was so bad to his brain that it went immediately into self-preservation mode. I don't think that these things can just be dismissed as easily as some are saying with a statement of "Well, it's his decision". Sometimes, we need people to step in and protect us from ourselves. I think this is one of those rare times.