• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize how not true that statement is? 3 runs is nothing....Even against bad teams 3 runs a game is a joke.
Agree, agree, agree...the offense did not get it done. But against this lineup, he should have made a 2 run lead stand up. Now, should I expect this every game, heck no. That's unrealistic....but tonight, he was in total control, and lost it. When he gave up the 2 run lead against the White Sox, I didn't feel this way. They were a better lineup and were playing at home...and had been on a roll. Tonight was different in my mind...

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got to be one of the worst. Never can get the Friday night games but saw one in a Weatherford hotel awhile back. MLB says i get blacked out even though 425 miles away still in Texas. She turned my stomach with her inane, inaccurate perspectives. Like she's had too many energy drinks mixed with bath salts. Seriously strange.

Who is your cable or satellite provider? On Direct TV Friday night TXA21 games are on channel 675-1. You have to get the games. TEX games cannot be blacked out in TX by MLB blackout rules.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, agree, agree...the offense did not get it done. But against this lineup, he should have made a 2 run lead stand up. Now, should I expect this every game, heck no. That's unrealistic....but tonight, he was in total control, and lost it. When he gave up the 2 run lead against the White Sox, I didn't feel this way. They were a better lineup and were playing at home...and had been on a roll. Tonight was different in my mind...

I get your point, some fans are saying we are over-reacting and I can say to those fans, look I'm just pointing out something I don't like, stop over-reacting if Yu gets a little criticism.

It's not his fault we lost the game. I don't how many times I can say it.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also mad at Betkman for being hurt and being him. You are supposed to be on the team contributing you jerk. And dammit Nelly...why didn't you just go to a freaking doctor like a normal person...

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that she knows her stuff. Those other jackasses are part of the problem as well. Anyone who questions Darvish after tonight doesn't know their stuff.

You must be watching different broadcasts then because her post game chats with Mac are on a completely different level than when he has to sit down with Rhadigan or Renner on Fox Sports. She gets the names correct, she doesn't mis-speak, she gets stats correct, and she even shows knowledge of situational baseball (and basketball too). I'm really not sure why you dislike her so much. She's actually one of the more unanimously-liked sportscasters around DFW. She's not my absolute favorite, but she does a solid job.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point, some fans are saying we are over-reacting and I can say to those fans, look I'm just pointing out something I don't like, stop over-reacting if Yu gets a little criticism.

It's not his fault we lost the game. I don't how many times I can say it.
Yu could tell AJ to go fuck himself and I wouldn't care. Guys are competitive on the field. You realize you are sticking up for AJ of all people right? He's one of the biggest asshats in the league and has a reputation of being a jerk to younger pitchers. I find that funny...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be watching different broadcasts then because her post game chats with Mac are on a completely different level than when he has to sit down with Rhadigan or Renner on Fox Sports. She gets the names correct, she doesn't mis-speak, she gets stats correct, and she even shows knowledge of situational baseball (and basketball too). I'm really not sure why you dislike her so much. She's actually one of the more unanimously-liked sportscasters around DFW. She's not my absolute favorite, but she does a solid job.
You are praising her doing the most basic function of her job? That is a really low bar I guess. She insulted someone that worked hard to bring us all a new way of looking at pitching with a gif. Called him basement dwelling cheeto eater. The guy is totally gifted and she shit on him on public television.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're still a major league lineup. Morneau, Doumit, Plouffe... all very solid hitters. Dozier has the most extra base hits in all of baseball since the AS break. They're not a great offense, but they're still a capable one. Expecting any ace, Kershaw included, to be required to hold any team in the majors to 2 or less is a bit unfair.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also mad at Betkman for being hurt and being him. You are supposed to be on the team contributing you jerk. And dammit Nelly...why didn't you just go to a freaking doctor like a normal person...

Valid points, nobody is perfect including Yu.
Normally I'm always complimenting Yu's behavior and demeanor...he just came off bad tonight by snubbing AJ

imo, of course.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu could tell AJ to go fuck himself and I wouldn't care. Guys are competitive on the field. You realize you are sticking up for AJ of all people right? He's one of the biggest asshats in the league and has a reputation of being a jerk to younger pitchers. I find that funny...

Soto should be catching Yu. Soto thinks four dimensionally behind the plate and gets Yu. AJ ... Well you said it all.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Do you know how many games this season he has gotten poor run support? Darvish has lost 5 games this year when TEX scored 2 or fewer runs.

Yu Darvish 2013 Pitching Splits - Baseball-Reference.com

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I don't agree. That scrub lineup beat the team that HAD the best record in the AL.

He had a no hitter going up until he gave up the HR. So one hit was too much? One?

The loss is totally on the offense ... and managerial/coaching in not having Martin bunt Gentry home in the 7th. Offense and management.

Yea ... Yu was pissed when AJ came out. He told AJ: "I am pitching a freakin no hitter and this offense of ours sucks ... so this loss is on me. Oh ... thank you for the second run back in the 4th on a freakin fielders choice. Go back behind the plate and catch"
I think we will have to agree that we disagree. He did "only" give up a HR, to a .220 hitter named Hermann after walking the lead off man, then following that up with another HR ...look I'm a big Yu supporter and I think he is one of the best pitchers in the AL. This is my first real criticism of him all year. IMO, for what it's worth, and I think I am being reasonable, he didn't get it done when the offense didn't get him much help, but did give him s small lead...

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are praising her doing the most basic function of her job? That is a really low bar I guess.

So what in your mind would make her a good sportscaster? Because I would say that knowing the game, showing some insight into it, and getting all of the facts and names straight is exactly what she is there for. She is the host anyway, not an analyst. That's what Mac is for. It's not her job to break down the performance or offer analysis or opinions.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what in your mind would make her a good sportscaster? Because I would say that knowing the game, showing some insight into it, and getting all of the facts and names straight is exactly what she is there for. She is the host anyway, not an analyst. That's what Mac is for. It's not her job to break down the performance or offer analysis or opinions.
Not working for a marginal network....

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still a major league lineup. Morneau, Doumit, Plouffe... all very solid hitters. Dozier has the most extra base hits in all of baseball since the AS break. They're not a great offense, but they're still a capable one. Expecting any ace, Kershaw included, to be required to hold any team in the majors to 2 or less is a bit unfair.

:agree::gaah::drink:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are praising her doing the most basic function of her job? That is a really low bar I guess. She insulted someone that worked hard to bring us all a new way of looking at pitching with a gif. Called him basement dwelling cheeto eater. The guy is totally gifted and she shit on him on public television.

I'm sorry I missed whatever this was....

who is the gifted guy, a DFW...something?

I'm curious about the "basement dwelling cheeto eater"