• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely the offense needed to show up tonight and didn't. But they did score 2 and were up by 2 going I to the 7th. IMO, Yu should have made this stand up tonight against a very weak Twins lineup. Hell, Morneaus's .259 average was the highest in the lineup!

They had those 2 measly runs in 4 innings. Doesn't matter that Morneau average at .259 was the highest. TEX went 6 for 30 ... .200BAA.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see that. And glad I didn't. That's way too prima Donna-ish

I commented right after he did it. (it's back in the thread) It was after the walk, and he was down in the count again...

I was truly stunned, he wouldn't even acknowledge his presence.
I'm not saying this game is Yu's fault, it isn't.
I'm saying that behavior is unacceptable. In his worst moments, Holland didn't yank a ball out of guys glove and turn his back on him.

and maybe, just maybe if a veteran catcher in this league is only coming out, so you can take a breath and reset, you might not give up that two run HR.

Does he not like AJ? I don't know, nor do I care. Soto can't catch him everytime, get over it, if that's the problem

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish had one bad inning. The offense had 9 bad innings against mostly minor league trash. You guys are directing blame and anger in the wrong direction. If Holland or Garza allowed only 3 runs in one bad inning and the Rangers won 6-3, you'd be saying "he looked pretty good".
I totally agree that the offense was a joke. But Yu should have made a 2run lead hold up against this scrub lineup...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish had one bad inning. The offense had 9 bad innings against mostly minor league trash. You guys are directing blame and anger in the wrong direction. If Holland or Garza allowed only 3 runs in one bad inning and the Rangers won 6-3, you'd be saying "he looked pretty good".

Wrong, I don't think that game is Yu's fault.
Of course we should of scored more runs....

I'm concerned about the little antics followed by the HR. It's not like Yu, but I've noticed before he doesn't like AJ coming to the mound, but in this case, AJ absolutely should have,
Yu needed to take a breath and slow down.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's a stupid bad word that tries way too hard. She insulted the person who made the amazing Darvish multi pitch graphic earlier in the season. She's seriously awful.

Actually she knows her stuff. She covers multiple sports in DFW and does so with more accurate reporting and knowledge of the game than about half of the local idiots who just cover one sport and can't even get the facts straight. Ric Renner, John Rhadigan, Rick Gosselin, Randy Galloway, Dale Hansen... these are examples of sportscasters who are seriously awful.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree that the offense was a joke. But Yu should have made a 2run lead hold up against this scrub lineup...
You realize how not true that statement is? 3 runs is nothing....Even against bad teams 3 runs a game is a joke.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually she knows her stuff. She covers multiple sports in DFW and does so with more accurate reporting and knowledge of the game than about half of the local idiots who just cover one sport and can't even get the facts straight. Ric Renner, John Rhadigan, Rick Gosselin, Randy Galloway, Dale Hansen... these are examples of sportscasters who are seriously awful.
Yeah, no thanks. I will stick to people that don't use phrases like "killer instinct".

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, I don't think that game is Yu's fault.
Of course we should of scored more runs....

I'm concerned about the little antics followed by the HR. It's not like Yu, but I've noticed before he doesn't like AJ coming to the mound, but in this case, AJ absolutely should have,
Yu needed to take a breath and slow down.

The offense failing to score more than 2 runs against Liam F'ing Hendriks is a much bigger issue than Yu showing some disgust after a HR.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's a stupid bad word that tries way too hard. She insulted the person who made the amazing Darvish multi pitch graphic earlier in the season. She's seriously awful.

Got to be one of the worst. Never can get the Friday night games but saw one in a Weatherford hotel awhile back. MLB says i get blacked out even though 425 miles away still in Texas. She turned my stomach with her inane, inaccurate perspectives. Like she's had too many energy drinks mixed with bath salts. Seriously strange.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sorry I don't agree. That scrub lineup beat the team that HAD the best record in the AL.

He had a no hitter going up until he gave up the HR. So one hit was too much? One?

The loss is totally on the offense ... and managerial/coaching in not having Martin bunt Gentry home in the 7th. Offense and management.

Yea ... Yu was pissed when AJ came out. He told AJ: "I am pitching a freakin no hitter and this offense of ours sucks ... so this loss is on me. Oh ... thank you for the second run back in the 4th on a freakin fielders choice. Go back behind the plate and catch"

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no thanks. I will stick to people that don't use phrases like "killer instinct".

I don't care about a silly phrase like "killer instinct" as long as she knows her stuff, which she does. Those other yahoos can't even get players' names correct or understand basic concepts of the game.

Find me one broadcaster anywhere that doesn't use a phrase similar to "killer instinct" or something of that general nature.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I don't agree. That scrub lineup beat the team that HAD the best record in the AL.

He had a no hitter going up until he gave up the HR. So one hit was too much? One?

The loss is totally on the offense ... and managerial/coaching in not having Martin bunt Gentry home in the 7th. Offense and management.

Yea ... Yu was pissed when AJ came out. He told AJ: "I am pitching a freakin no hitter and this offense of ours sucks ... so this loss is on me. Oh ... thank you for the second run back in the 4th on a freakin fielders choice. Go back behind the plate and catch"

Thank you for being a voice of reason. This is exactly it.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bit of an over-dramatization of what actually happened. I even went back and re-watched that exchange to see if I had somehow missed something the first time. You are exaggerating somewhat here. Yu didn't yank the ball away from AJP or throw any kind of fit. He was mad at himself for missing on so many consecutive pitches, AJP said something simple like "let's go" and Darvish took the ball. There was no heated exchange. It was all quite innocent.

I never said there was a heated exchange, I said Yu wouldn't look at him, turned his back as soon as AJ got to the mound.

It seemed to me he yanked the ball and had no intention of even talking to AJ or taking a breather
If someone has a clip of it, I'll look at it again, yes he was mad...but why not talk to the catcher for a few seconds?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price has made it through 4.... 1-0 Rays. Gonna need some more help from his offense. Oakland magic usually strikes in the 7th and 8th inning of close games

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about a silly phrase like "killer instinct" as long as she knows her stuff, which she does. Those other yahoos can't even get players' names correct or understand basic concepts of the game.

Find me one broadcaster anywhere that doesn't use a phrase similar to "killer instinct" or something of that general nature.
I disagree that she knows her stuff. Those other jackasses are part of the problem as well. Anyone who questions Darvish after tonight doesn't know their stuff.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw on TV all those fast food workers protesting for a higher minimum wage ... and then in the back I saw Holland and Darvish along with the picketers ... their signs were pushing for "higher minimum run support"

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If Gina Miller knew squat she wouldn't be working for TXA21