• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Seattle For Four Games September 12-15

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal lineup for next year would be

C Huff
1B Foscue or Crim
2B Semien
3B Jung
SS Seager
LF Smith
RF/CF Langford and Carter
DH Crim or Foscue

Smith could fill in for Jung, Seager, and Semien and Duran could play in the OF when Smith is needed elsewhere. We know Seager will miss 30 games along the way and Jung will miss 15 or 20.

Semien needs to be talked to and told that he will be rested on a regular basis, maybe a total of 15 games.

Foscue and Crim both could play about 135 to 140 games a year.

Smith, Langford and Carter could rest a total of 50 games, between the three of them.

All of those added together is about 140 games or so for Duran, where him and Smith play either an OF spot or an infield spot.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C Huff
1B Foscue or Crim
2B Semien
3B Jung
SS Seager
LF Smith
DH Crim or Foscue

Smith could fill in for Jung, Seager, and Semien and Duran could play in the OF when Smith is needed elsewhere. We know Seager will miss 30 games along the way and Jung will miss 15 or 20.

Semien needs to be talked to and told that he will be rested on a regular basis, maybe a total of 15 games.

Smith, Langford and Carter could rest a total of 50 games, between the three of them.

All of those added together is about 140 games or so for Duran, where him and Smith play either an OF spot or an infield spot.
I want to see Crim Foscue Duran Huff and even Fabian play a lot the rest of the year.

But I am not ready to plug any of them into the lineup next year without a look see

Believe it or not I am most curious about Crim

2-3 of these guys could easily be on active roster
Starting is a whole different matter

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C Huff
1B Foscue or Crim
2B Semien
3B Jung
SS Seager
LF Smith
DH Crim or Foscue

Not a bad lineup. I assume Heim remains as the backup catcher, and Lowe and Garcia get traded?

That would allow the team to shed some payroll while still maintaining a talented group of hitters.
Also, as an aside, do you think the team should also bring in a new hitting coach given the offensive struggles this season?
Too much talent on offense to have been so bad this year, IMO.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad lineup. I assume Heim remains as the backup catcher, and Lowe and Garcia get traded?

That would allow the team to shed some payroll while still maintaining a talented group of hitters.
Also, as an aside, do you think the team should also bring in a new hitting coach given the offensive struggles this season?
I am not sure if it is the hitting instructor or his students.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Crim Foscue Duran Huff and even Fabian play a lot the rest of the year.

But I am not ready to plug any of them into the lineup next year without a look see

Believe it or not I am most curious about Crim

2-3 of these guys could easily be on active roster
Starting is a whole different matter
I am not sure two or three weeks in September is going to cause any of the decision makers to make their decisions. I think it will have to be the same kind of decision that said Langford was ready and guys like Kinsler and Andrus were ready a few years back. I think they are just going to have to trust their olayer development staff to give them tje feedback they need to decide those decisions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Heim could stay unless Bochy and CY are on the exact same page about Huff.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C Huff
1B Foscue or Crim
2B Semien
3B Jung
SS Seager
LF Smith
DH Crim or Foscue

not sure who the backup catcher would be but assuming that with the 10 position players listed that he and the other 2 bench players would be from the Rangers minor league system that would put the positional total salary for 2025 around $68000000. and with a starting rotation of deGrom, Mahle, Bradford, Rocker and Leiter with a total salary of around $59000000,

That's around $127000000. so why not just go in the bullpen with 8 inhouse pitchers at around $7000000?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure who the backup catcher would be but assuming that with the 10 position players listed that he and the other 2 bench players would be from the Rangers minor league system that would put the positional total salary for 2025 around $68000000. and with a starting rotation of deGrom, Mahle, Bradford, Rocker and Leiter with a total salary of around $59000000,

That's around $127000000. so why not just go in the bullpen with 8 inhouse pitchers at around $7000000?
That would defeat the whole purpose. The goal is to have plenty to spend on the bullpen. But, I think you already knew that.

And, I am pretty sure CY is going to spend big on another starting pitcher.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would defeat the whole purpose. The goal is to have plenty to spend on the bullpen. But, I think you already knew that.

And, I am pretty sure CY is going to spend big on another starting pitcher.
just pointing out the numbers based on your post. personally, i think they attempt to keep Eovaldi, move Heim and Lowe, bring in BP arms and possibly at least 1 FA bat maybe 2

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just pointing out the numbers based on your post. personally, i think they attempt to keep Eovaldi, move Heim and Lowe, bring in BP arms and possibly at least 1 FA bat maybe 2
I am afraid Lowe has redeemed himself

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am afraid Lowe has redeemed himself
not enough in my book. personally, i'm thinking Christian Walker might be the best free agent fit for us.

but i also think that if we find a way to move Garcia the best OF fit in free agency would be Tyler O'Neill. i know some think Langford, Carter, Smith and Duran are an all-star OF but Smith and Duran are not full-time outfielders and there's no way of knowing if Carter will come back full strength in 2025.

Last edited: