• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Seattle For Four Games September 12-15

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are back to having the 5th best lottery odds for the draft. We are 2.5 games better than the nationals, so that 4th best lottery odds spot may not be obtainable.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly but doubt they move García on the low

Think he gets the DH to start the year
That makes no sense. He is really good defensively and has had a bad year offensively so let's DH him. That seems even less productive that the current situation.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. He is really good defensively and has had a bad year offensively so let's DH him. That seems even less productive that the current situation.
Yeah, I can't imagine them doing that.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that's the way it should be, but we are only allowed to have 14 position players up and if we sit Heim, Kelly, Lowe, Semien, Taveras, Jankowski and Garcia that leaves Langford, Smith, Duran, Jung, Fabian, Foscue and Ornelas
I want to see Crim play. You could send Ornelas down or DFA Jankowski.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Been out of the country a week and catching up after unplugging

Sounds like Leiter is making progress as is Wyatt and Lowe.
Should prove an interesting offseason

Too hush hush re Lowe. Have to think there is more to it than being tired. Regardless his load surely will decrease
Glad your back safe

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adolis IMO despite a big arm has lost a step
He is under contract so unless you lose him or bench him DH may be better
However I had hoped they would try out Duran rthere to see if his bat holds up. But Bichy appears to have iother plans

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However I had hoped they would try out Duran rthere to see if his bat holds up. But Bichy appears to have iother plans
i agree but i just don't see Duran as a fulltime RF'er just like i don't see him as anything but a Utility 1Bman, OF'er. or IF'er. i like him but we have 2 UIF with Smith and Duran

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or slide someone to the 60-day.
that's true but day 1 of the offseason we have to put every 60-day IL back on the active roster plus clear spaces for our Rule-5 prospects and i count at least 10 that we have to cover. our free agents. we have 10 FA's but we may resign 2 or 3 of them so maybe we need to start DFA'ing some of sure-to-be gone now

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if CY has given up on Adolis or not. I doubt it, but he may have seen enough this year to convince him.

Every decision like this has more than one facet. The decision on Adolis affects the lineup, the makeup of the roster, the defense in the OF, the budget, and the replacement for him.

His contract is a significant one, but not one that is impossible to trade. The budget would be helped by replacing him with a younger guy making the minimum.

His offense is something to consider, of course. They could upgrade the offense if they hit in the right guy. Duran is a possibility.

An outfield of Smith, Langford and Carter is fine by me. Duran can back those guys up. If they go this route, I would give bith Duran and Smith some reps in CF in Spring Training to have more versatility.

They could always spend on a free agent for an OF position. I mentioned Santander a few weeks ago. If they do that then they would most likely need to save by moving on from Adolis and probably Lowe as well. They could move on from both of those two even without a free agent hitter being signed. Lowe and Garcia being gone would free up money for the bullpen or other areas.

We have guys in the minors who have put in the time and should be given an opportunity. Huff, Crim and Foscue need to have a fairly big role here next season. Crim, Foscue, and Duran can have 1B and DH covered.

I know at least a couple of us feel that we are set with starting pitching for 2025, but CY probably will not feel that way. I think we are better off spending elsewhere, but I imagine we will spend fairly big on a starter. One way we may not have to do so is if Roki Sasaki gets posted and CY talks him into coming here. He would be much cheaper in 2025 than an American free agent starting pitcher.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to be hard to get along with but I am not seeing Garcia as a liability as our RFer. To decide to use him just as our DH makes our team worse unless his offensive production picks up as a DH and we have a valid replacement for RF.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if CY has given up on Adolis or not. I doubt it, but he may have seen enough this year to convince him.

Every decision like this has more than one facet. The decision on Adolis affects the lineup, the makeup of the roster, the defense in the OF, the budget, and the replacement for him.

His contract is a significant one, but not one that is impossible to trade. The budget would be helped by replacing him with a younger guy making the minimum.

His offense is something to consider, of course. They could upgrade the offense if they hit in the right guy. Duran is a possibility.

An outfield of Smith, Langford and Carter is fine by me. Duran can back those guys up. If they go this route, I would give bith Duran and Smith some reps in CF in Spring Training to have more versatility.

They could always spend on a free agent for an OF position. I mentioned Santander a few weeks ago. If they do that then they would most likely need to save by moving on from Adolis and probably Lowe as well. They could move on from both of those two even without a free agent hitter being signed. Lowe and Garcia being gone would free up money for the bullpen or other areas.

We have guys in the minors who have put in the time and should be given an opportunity. Huff, Crim and Foscue need to have a fairly big role here next season. Crim, Foscue, and Duran can have 1B and DH covered.

I know at least a couple of us feel that we are set with starting pitching for 2025, but CY probably will not feel that way. I think we are better off spending elsewhere, but I imagine we will spend fairly big on a starter. One way we may not have to do so is if Roki Sasaki gets posted and CY talks him into coming here. He would be much cheaper in 2025 than an American free agent starting pitcher.
I would like to see some of our guys at the minor league level get an opportunity as well at 1B, catcher and one of the OF positions plus at DH. I am not trying to kick Smith in the pants but as of now his offensive production is in line with Lowe's which is why I would like as many of you have mentioned to see how guys like Crim, Foscue and Huff do. I also hope Carter's health is not a problem going forward as I would like to see him back and playing on a consistent basis.
I like Duran as a backup as well since he can play many different positions.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see some of our guys at the minor league level get an opportunity as well at 1B, catcher and one of the OF positions plus at DH. I am not trying to kick Smith in the pants but as of now his offensive production is in line with Lowe's which is why I would like as many of you have mentioned to see how guys like Crim, Foscue and Huff do. I also hope Carter's health is not a problem going forward as I would like to see him back and playing on a consistent basis.
I like Duran as a backup as well since he can play many different positions.
i think you've pretty well covered it. i would like to see Crim brought up and for him to finish this season at 1B. i would also like see Huff at C and i'd like to see Harris split time between CF and LF with Langford. that would mean Taveras, Lowe and Heim sit and i expect all 3 to be traded during the offseason

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's true but day 1 of the offseason we have to put every 60-day IL back on the active roster plus clear spaces for our Rule-5 prospects and i count at least 10 that we have to cover. our free agents. we have 10 FA's but we may resign 2 or 3 of them so maybe we need to start DFA'ing some of sure-to-be gone now
They won't add 10 prospects to the 40-man and even those they do add will be a little later in the offseason. They will add a handful of prospects.

The 60-day guys coming back will be outnumbered by our free agents who fall off the roster so there will be no immediate crunch. And one more guy being added to the 60 day DL now, would not change that. Then we will have a few weeks to either trade some fodder or DFA them to prepare for the addition of a few prospects.

Overall, as Scott Lucas said the other day, the 40 man roster crunch this year will have the crunchiness of oatmeal.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to kick Smith in the pants but as of now his offensive production is in line with Lowe's
I would feel a lot better about Lowe if he had the defensive capabilities and versatility of Smith.

Smith is in line with Lowe, but Lowe is much further down the line in experience. I believe Smith will continue to improve while I cannot say the same for Nathaniel. In other words, Smith has caught Lowe and his career is in the process of passing Lowe, in my estimation.

I think Smith will be a perennial top 10 finisher in batting average over the next few years and I have thought that since he was at AAA. Add his versatility and defense to that and that makes him an everyday player to me, even if he just comes close to what I expect offensively

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't add 10 prospects to the 40-man and even those they do add will be a little later in the offseason. They will add a handful of prospects.

The 60-day guys coming back will be outnumbered by our free agents who fall off the roster so there will be no immediate crunch. And one more guy being added to the 60 day DL now, would not change that. Then we will have a few weeks to either trade some fodder or DFA them to prepare for the addition of a few prospects.

Overall, as Scott Lucas said the other day, the 40 man roster crunch this year will have the crunchiness of oatmeal.
the following just off the top 30 prospects that have to be considered:
Alejandro Rosario RHP
Emiliano Teodo RHP
Winston Santos RHP
Alejandro Osuno OF
Mitch Bratt LHP
Kohl Drake LHP
Josh Stephan RHP
Dane Acker RHP
Skylar Hales RHP

Plus:
Abimelec Ortiz 1B/OF
Blaine Crim 1B/3B/OF

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the following just off the top 30 prospects that have to be considered:
Alejandro Rosario RHP
Emiliano Teodo RHP
Winston Santos RHP
Alejandro Osuno OF
Mitch Bratt LHP
Kohl Drake LHP
Josh Stephan RHP
Dane Acker RHP
Skylar Hales RHP

Plus:
Abimelec Ortiz 1B/OF
Blaine Crim 1B/3B/OF
I am not sure where you got your list, but it is wrong.