• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liam Hendricks out pitched Yu Darvish....I think we can cool the Cy Young talk for awhile...

And King Felix just got obliterated by the Rangers and Scherzer got lit up by Oakland. Yu had 11 K and 3 ER. He was bad for 2 whole batters and otherwise dominant.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense needs to score more runs for Yu, that's a given. But there will be some days when the "Ace" needs to step it up when the offense isnt at its best, especially when they're facing such studs as Liam Hendricks. Yu didn't do this against either the White Sox nor the Twins. These are beatable teams. 2 run leads should be enough to beat these teams...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Gina and Mac ... other than Profar and Gentry (#8 and #9) the offense stunk. Yu got a QS ... so he gave up 3 runs in 7 innings. Our homer centric announcers will never say anything negative about the bats.
I hate life because people are going to shit on Yu once gain. It sucks so much that he gave up 3 runs when he did...It's awful and I hate every second of it, because once again there will be some stupid narrative by people like Nadel that "he's not a closer" blah blah blah blah blah. Score more than 2 runs off a fucking minor leaguer.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense needs to score more runs for Yu, that's a given. But there will be some days when the "Ace" needs to step it up when the offense isnt at its best, especially when they're facing such studs as Liam Hendricks. Yu didn't do this against either the White Sox nor the Twins. These are beatable teams. 2 run leads should be enough to beat these teams...
Would you be saying the same if he let them score 3 in the first 3 innings? I highly doubt it. The 7th inning isn't anymore important than the 1st-3rd.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the post earlier when I mentioned how useless K's are if you're going to give up a 2 run HR and then another HR, against the Twins?

Here's what really upset me tonight, Yu was getting wild....AJ, doing his job, just went out there to
give him a little break
He yanks the ball outta of AJ's glove, turns his back and nevers looks at AJ...

and then gives up the HR.
Sorry folks, but Yu looked like a complete jerk there, and he paid for it.

This is a bit of an over-dramatization of what actually happened. I even went back and re-watched that exchange to see if I had somehow missed something the first time. You are exaggerating somewhat here. Yu didn't yank the ball away from AJP or throw any kind of fit. He was mad at himself for missing on so many consecutive pitches, AJP said something simple like "let's go" and Darvish took the ball. There was no heated exchange. It was all quite innocent.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate life because people are going to shit on Yu once gain. It sucks so much that he gave up 3 runs when he did...It's awful and I hate every second of it, because once again there will be some stupid narrative by people like Nadel that "he's not a closer" blah blah blah blah blah. Score more than 2 runs off a fucking minor leaguer.

And Gina "Brilliant" Miller asks Mac if Yu "lacks the killer instinct".

Were I Mac I would have said "Well Honey ... he had a freakin no hitter going didn't he? If he had some run support Honey ... he might not have felt he needed to challenge those guys seven freakin innings into the game. Honey"

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once in awhile, you're going to need your Ace, who's completely capable of shutting out that team, to do it, or one run.

I'm not harping on the offense tonight, because they weren't catching any breaks, and they have been scoring a lot of runs.

Is it Yu's fault? No.

am I screeching mad over the bratty behavior? yes. It's one thing I really can't stand.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely the offense needed to show up tonight and didn't. But they did score 2 and were up by 2 going I to the 7th. IMO, Yu should have made this stand up tonight against a very weak Twins lineup. Hell, Morneaus's .259 average was the highest in the lineup!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh, he had great stats...And he lost...to Liam Hendricks.

Not saying he did his job. But you used this one performance to say we should cool the Cy Young talk. My point is that one sub-par performance shouldn't cool any talk. Look at what just happened to the other 2 front-runners.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if they lose the series or god forbid get swept. This will be the series everyone looks back on if they don't pull out the division. Lets hope this was a wake up call. On Monday, the rangers will be in the ballpark of a team who stole the division from them last year ( josh Hamiltons fault) but, you can bet they will be ready for us and we shouldn't be limping in there from a bad series against a team who is out of it and doesn't even have their best player.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once in awhile, you're going to need your Ace, who's completely capable of shutting out that team, to do it, or one run.

I'm not harping on the offense tonight, because they weren't catching any breaks, and they have been scoring a lot of runs.

Is it Yu's fault? No.

am I screeching mad over the bratty behavior? yes. It's one thing I really can't stand.

Seriously, you are WAY overblowing the whole "bratty behavior" angle.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beltre 0-4, Andrus 0-4, Martin left Gentry on third. Heat issues on offense or just home issues. Soto needs to catch Darvish. AJ missing something in translation. Man, do we suck at home coming off the road. Hell, even Murph got a double. With Darvish having heat & dehydration troubles, Wash & Maddux should have been watching Darvish. Try doing anything in 100 degrees for 5 minutes, especially after coming from cool weather like Seattle.hoping for 2/3 but keeping my fingers crossed.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gina Miller is a 21 sports anchor.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gina Miller is a 21 sports anchor.
She's a stupid bad word that tries way too hard. She insulted the person who made the amazing Darvish multi pitch graphic earlier in the season. She's seriously awful.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish had one bad inning. The offense had 9 bad innings against mostly minor league trash. You guys are directing blame and anger in the wrong direction. If Holland or Garza allowed only 3 runs in one bad inning and the Rangers won 6-3, you'd be saying "he looked pretty good".

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre 0-4, Andrus 0-4, Martin left Gentry on third. Heat issues on offense or just home issues. Soto needs to catch Darvish. AJ missing something in translation. Man, do we suck at home coming off the road. Hell, even Murph got a double. With Darvish having heat & dehydration troubles, Wash & Maddux should have been watching Darvish. Try doing anything in 100 degrees for 5 minutes, especially after coming from cool weather like Seattle.hoping for 2/3 but keeping my fingers crossed.
Liam Hendricks seem to be able to handle the heat...urgh, I get angry every time I print his name!!!