• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's in the damn water in DFW? Why are these guys always so damn flat at home??? This is ridiculous - we had our top pitcher on the mound against a really weak lineup and their starter has 1 win in 24 career starts....and we're going to lose this???? 2 more innings, we need to F'in wake up!!!

Thanks for letting me vent...:wtf2:

I don't really get all too upset often but this was frustrating in so many ways :gaah:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's in the damn water in DFW? Why are these guys always so damn flat at home??? This is ridiculous - we had our top pitcher on the mound against a really weak lineup and their starter has 1 win in 24 career starts....and we're going to lose this???? 2 more innings, we need to F'in wake up!!!

I'm right there with you. I guess we should have sent Gentry on contact and take our chances.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and what is it about us and AL Central teams

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we usually are yelling at Wash when he bunts with no out to move a runner from 1st to 2nd in the first inning.

So you figure ... bottom 7th ... down a run ... 1 out ... two fastest guys on the team are at third and at bat. Where is the bunt there?

If you are willing to waste an AB in the first inning on a bunt ... then why not do it just now?

No idea...I think a suicide squeeze had a good chance there

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly think that the Rangers sometimes take Yu for granted. It's almost like they saw Yu vs. Liam Hendriks and the Twins on the schedule and didn't quite give their absolute best effort. I know they're trying, but maybe the focus and desperation factor haven't quite been there tonight. It's understandable to a degree because it's impossible to stay locked in for 162 games. But they just seem to play down to their opponent a lot of times when they face total spares and they get geared up for the likes of King Felix and Weaver.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get all too upset often but this was frustrating in so many ways :gaah:

I'm internalizing how incredibly angry I am right now.

Sure, we should score more runs, but we've scored a lot lately.

Sometimes you do your Ace to keep it to one or two....

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think that the Rangers sometimes take Yu for granted. It's almost like they saw Yu vs. Liam Hendriks and the Twins on the schedule and didn't quite give their absolute best effort. I know they're trying, but maybe the focus and desperation factor haven't quite been there tonight. It's understandable to a degree because it's impossible to stay locked in for 162 games. But they just seem to play down to their opponent a lot of times when they face total spares and they get geared up for the likes of King Felix and Weaver.

Sometimes I think Yu needs to calm down.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've made a lot of great contact. It's one of those nights

absolutely no confidence we win this game.
Just get two out of three

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to put up a fight, Texas!

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Yu comes across to me as a guy who thinks he needs to win the game himself with Ks. If you are a "K-pitcher" ... you throw strikes ... doesn't take much to leave one where it can get killed. Even when you are pitching a no hitter.
Totally agree. Too married to the strike outs.