• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan getting rings for beating Alabama

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another uninformed OSU fan. Michael Jordan lived his entire life in Ohio and grew up an OSU fan. Didn't come to Michigan til high school.

Damon Webb is the best Michigan recruit signed by OSU. A 4 star CB. How has he done at OSU?

I'm thinking you are understanding what I'm getting at. Signing "top talent" from Michigan and signing top talent from Ohio are slightly different. That is why I said, if OSU signed Peoples-Jones, I'd be pissed. That is comparable to the commitment from Leonard Taylor. The Midwest doesn't have many 5 star recruits which is why I laughed when you said OSU didn't want one less than an hour from campus.

The B1G over the last 4 years as a whole have signed 18 5 star recruits. That is every team combined. Alabama has what, 19 on their team right now?
Uninformed? Good god, stop acting like a jackass. It doesn't matter at all, we still got him, and michigan wanted him. Webb is likely starting this year, but he got beat out by Gareon Conley (Ohio kid) last year and obviously was behind Apple. He's only a junior, so we'll see what he's got this year. Same with Weber, that RB michigan desperately wanted last year.

Yes, signing top talent from michigan is much different than from Ohio. We have more than enough kids to choose from in Ohio. michigan, however, does not, yet OSU still has grabbed one of the top 3 players from the state over the last 3 recruiting classes. If Peoples-Jones is smart, he'll come here. The only reason I can think he wouldn't is because of the absurd wealth of talent we have at the position, as we're also the team to beat for two other 5* WRs in the 2017 class.

Who cares if the midwest doesn't have many 5*? Since when does that matter to OSU? We'll grab 5* from all over the nation. As I've pointed out, we've been stocking up on DEs, so he just isn't a priority. If something happens and we decide to put the press on him in the future, I'm sure we'll get him. If not, oh well. When you recruit like OSU, one player means nothing. It's not like this kid is some transcendent talent.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uninformed? Good god, stop acting like a jackass. It doesn't matter at all, we still got him, and michigan wanted him. Webb is likely starting this year, but he got beat out by Gareon Conley (Ohio kid) last year and obviously was behind Apple. He's only a junior, so we'll see what he's got this year. Same with Weber, that RB michigan desperately wanted last year.

Yes, signing top talent from michigan is much different than from Ohio. We have more than enough kids to choose from in Ohio. michigan, however, does not, yet OSU still has grabbed one of the top 3 players from the state over the last 3 recruiting classes. If Peoples-Jones is smart, he'll come here. The only reason I can think he wouldn't is because of the absurd wealth of talent we have at the position, as we're also the team to beat for two other 5* WRs in the 2017 class.

Who cares if the midwest doesn't have many 5*? Since when does that matter to OSU? We'll grab 5* from all over the nation. As I've pointed out, we've been stocking up on DEs, so he just isn't a priority. If something happens and we decide to put the press on him in the future, I'm sure we'll get him. If not, oh well. When you recruit like OSU, one player means nothing. It's not like this kid is some transcendent talent.

I agree with Webb and Weber -- I was more pissed about Webb, as RB's are a dime a dozen and you can find them anywhere. You never know what you are going to get at CB, so the more top talent you can sign at that position, the better off you will be.

Michael Jordan -- no one expected him not to sign with OSU. I don't think he even took an official visit to UM and Plymouth is like 15-20 minutes from Ann Arbor. He had a few unofficial visits, but I never gave him a 2nd thought. I would have been SHOCKED if he picked UM.

And I agree -- UM signs 5 stars nationally too, but the players in your own back yard are the guys you have to get, as they are the players being spoon fed B1G football and in Ohio, it is Ohio State and in Michigan, it is Michigan and Michigan State. That is why it is an uphill battle nationally because the players are spoon fed SEC football their whole life or Pac-12 football their whole life, etc. UM and OSU will get the occasional one to sign, but the midwest guys are the bigger battles if a 5 star comes up. The B1G had 18 5 stars in the last 4 years -- UM and OSU had 15 of the 18. To put it in perspective -- I believe the SEC had 58.

The top talent is outside the midwest, so securing top prospects in the Midwest is huge for both OSU and UM. That is why I said -- if Peoples-Jones signed with OSU, I would be pissed off.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should make a note -- if Weber turns out to be an Ezekiel Elliot type of back -- I would go back to being pissed about losing him.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted Weber's twitter account. I just wanted to see how he was responding to Cardale and JT. Maybe u can show me.

And I give props to OSU last year. They were by far the more talented team. I believe we went thru this though already. I like the way it is trending now though. Top Ohio talent committing to UM, OSU fans not wanting to bet on next year's game even though it is in Columbus. I thought it would take about 3 years to get to this point, but Harbaugh is ahead of the curve so far. Get off the tracks hairless nuts -- there is a train coming thru!!!
View attachment 103915

There were two tweets Mike Weber retweeted after that tweet. One was about the best part of the night being with the band an watching JT and Cardale get into a dance off. The other was from someone saying that all the comment was about was weber regretting how much beans he got on his chipotle. Don't use twitter so if you want to find hem you can cycle back through the eleven warriors forum until you find that topic

And screw you for making me type the word tweet that much

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Webb and Weber -- I was more pissed about Webb, as RB's are a dime a dozen and you can find them anywhere. You never know what you are going to get at CB, so the more top talent you can sign at that position, the better off you will be.

Michael Jordan -- no one expected him not to sign with OSU. I don't think he even took an official visit to UM and Plymouth is like 15-20 minutes from Ann Arbor. He had a few unofficial visits, but I never gave him a 2nd thought. I would have been SHOCKED if he picked UM.

And I agree -- UM signs 5 stars nationally too, but the players in your own back yard are the guys you have to get, as they are the players being spoon fed B1G football and in Ohio, it is Ohio State and in Michigan, it is Michigan and Michigan State. That is why it is an uphill battle nationally because the players are spoon fed SEC football their whole life or Pac-12 football their whole life, etc. UM and OSU will get the occasional one to sign, but the midwest guys are the bigger battles if a 5 star comes up. The B1G had 18 5 stars in the last 4 years -- UM and OSU had 15 of the 18. To put it in perspective -- I believe the SEC had 58.

The top talent is outside the midwest, so securing top prospects in the Midwest is huge for both OSU and UM. That is why I said -- if Peoples-Jones signed with OSU, I would be pissed off.
You're also completely and entirely overlooking the fact that not every 5* pans out. Shane Morris, anyone? OSU has had more than their share, and most of them are from the Midwest - Eugene Clifford, Louis Irazarry, Jamario O'Neal, Dorian Bell, Curtis Grant, all 5* guys that are from driving distance to campus, and all of them enormous flops. As I said, losing one kid doesn't make a difference to Ohio State at all, regardless of star ranking. Besides, it's so early, who knows if this kid even retains his 5* ranking? Those things change multiple times every year.

Given the immense number of big time hits Urban has gotten to Columbus in recruiting, this one player makes absolutely no difference to me. I know you want me to be upset, but I just really don't care. We will get ours, just like we do every year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if Weber was so pissed about our RB coach leaving, why'd he stay?

Do you understand how transferring works? You can't just pick up and leave. The coaches can, as OSU's RB coach did the day after Weber signed. It is just another example how all top coaches are shady, as Urban Meyer, without a doubt, knew and did nothing to let the kid know.

Regarding transferring -- schools can refuse to release a player from scholarship. The player can still transfer, but by refusing to release the player -- the player is now responsible to pay out of his own pocket for the year he has to sit out for transferring. Schools can block you from transferring to certain schools both in conference or even out of conference.

Once you sign the scholarship, the players are fighting a losing battle and the school holds all the cards. That is why OSU didn't say a word to Weber before hand and why both Weber and the HC at Cass Tech were pissed off after it happened.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're also completely and entirely overlooking the fact that not every 5* pans out. Shane Morris, anyone? OSU has had more than their share, and most of them are from the Midwest - Eugene Clifford, Louis Irazarry, Jamario O'Neal, Dorian Bell, Curtis Grant, all 5* guys that are from driving distance to campus, and all of them enormous flops. As I said, losing one kid doesn't make a difference to Ohio State at all, regardless of star ranking. Besides, it's so early, who knows if this kid even retains his 5* ranking? Those things change multiple times every year.

Given the immense number of big time hits Urban has gotten to Columbus in recruiting, this one player makes absolutely no difference to me. I know you want me to be upset, but I just really don't care. We will get ours, just like we do every year.

Curtis Grant didn't live up to his billing but I wouldn't call him a flop. Still had a good career and is currently with a NFL team

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't have to tell me about 5 star players not panning out -- I know all about that. The rate of a player being a flop goes down though the higher they are rated coming out of high school and the chance of finding a star is much higher.

And I agree -- you never know if they will keep the 5* or not. I just think it is funny that you pass it off as OSU had no interest at all and couldn't care less. Getting two early recruits from the state of Ohio, gives those players time to get in the ears of other players in Ohio and can only help going forward.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Grant didn't live up to his billing but I wouldn't call him a flop. Still had a good career and is currently with a NFL team
Shane Morris is a flop. Derrick Green is a flop. You guys got to see Derrick Green -- RB for Michigan. Guy was the #1 RB in the country, 5 star recruit and showed up to camp fat and out of shape.

Brady Hoke had the flare for bringing in flops in recruiting or he was just horrendous and building up their talents.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Morris is a flop. Derrick Green is a flop. You guys got to see Derrick Green -- RB for Michigan. Guy was the #1 RB in the country, 5 star recruit and showed up to camp fat and out of shape.

Brady Hoke had the flare for bringing in flops in recruiting or he was just horrendous and building up their talents.

Think it was more of a developmental issue with Hoke and his staff.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you understand how transferring works? You can't just pick up and leave. The coaches can, as OSU's RB coach did the day after Weber signed. It is just another example how all top coaches are shady, as Urban Meyer, without a doubt, knew and did nothing to let the kid know.

Regarding transferring -- schools can refuse to release a player from scholarship. The player can still transfer, but by refusing to release the player -- the player is now responsible to pay out of his own pocket for the year he has to sit out for transferring. Schools can block you from transferring to certain schools both in conference or even out of conference.

Once you sign the scholarship, the players are fighting a losing battle and the school holds all the cards. That is why OSU didn't say a word to Weber before hand and why both Weber and the HC at Cass Tech were pissed off after it happened.
Yes, I know just how transferring works. Players do it every year. He never once even requested to transfer. Again, you're trying to make something out of nothing here. Sorry you guys missed out on him, but you did.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know just how transferring works. Players do it every year. He never once even requested to transfer. Again, you're trying to make something out of nothing here. Sorry you guys missed out on him, but you did.

If u knew how it worked. You wouldn't say, why didn't he just transfer. Because once u had the signature, OSU controlled his future. Not sure if you are up to date with inner city Detroit, but paying out of pocket for college isn't an option for 99% of families.

You don't just say -- I take back my signature and want to go to UM. OSU would laugh at him, as UM would do if it were the other way around.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought players got rings for bowl wins anyhow. :noidea:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to tell me about 5 star players not panning out -- I know all about that. The rate of a player being a flop goes down though the higher they are rated coming out of high school and the chance of finding a star is much higher.

And I agree -- you never know if they will keep the 5* or not. I just think it is funny that you pass it off as OSU had no interest at all and couldn't care less. Getting two early recruits from the state of Ohio, gives those players time to get in the ears of other players in Ohio and can only help going forward.
I didn't say OSU had no interest, they offered him a scholarship afterall. I'm just saying he wasn't that big of a priority. I stay reasonably well tuned in to Ohio State recruiting through various channels, and I never heard this kid's name come up once until he committed to michigan. We're also the consensus favorites - 100% of projections - to land two other DTs that are ranked higher than him even, so like I said, I really don't care.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If u knew how it worked. You wouldn't say, why didn't he just transfer. Because once u had the signature, OSU controlled his future. Not sure if you are up to date with inner city Detroit, but paying out of pocket for college isn't an option for 99% of families.

You don't just say -- I take back my signature and want to go to UM. OSU would laugh at him, as UM would do if it were the other way around.
And you have some sort of intel saying he wants to transfer back to michigan and out of Ohio State, I assume?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gap between Michigan and Ohio recruiting is pretty sizable. Including the last 3 recruiting cycles and for 2017 Michigan had/has 30 four star players or better Ohio had/has 51 four star players or better(according to ESPN). It's much easier to go into Ohio and get a good player then it is the other way around, if anything because there are more good players to choose from than Michigan. I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal that Michigan went into Ohio and got a good recruit. Notre Dame, MSU, Kentucky, WVU have all gone into Ohio and have gotten good recruits. If you're from Ohio and Ohio State wants you, odds are Ohio State is going to land you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have some sort of intel saying he wants to transfer back to michigan and out of Ohio State, I assume?
For someone that follows OSU recruiting closely. Id think you would know he was committed to UM and Hoke. He decommited after it got out Hoke and his staff were on the hot seat and most likely would be fired. Then once they were fired -- Weber said he didn't have enough time to meet with Harbaugh and his staff to get to know them because his hiring was so late in the process, but the decision came down to UM and OSU

Then both Weber and his coach publicly spoke about being deceived by OSU and Urban Meyer. Wilcher came out and said Meyer isn't welcome at the school after it happened. When the top players u signed from the state of Michigan are both from Cass Tech and it is the school that pumps out the top talent in the state -- that is a bridge you don't want to burn. It certainly can't help with Peoples-Jones, who by the way, is also from Cass Tech.