• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan getting rings for beating Alabama

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone that follows OSU recruiting closely. Id think you would know he was committed to UM and Hoke. He decommited after it got out Hoke and his staff were on the hot seat and most likely would be fired. Then once they were fired -- Weber said he didn't have enough time to meet with Harbaugh and his staff to get to know them because his hiring was so late in the process, but the decision came down to UM and OSU

Then both Weber and his coach publicly spoke about being deceived by OSU and Urban Meyer. Wilcher came out and said Meyer isn't welcome at the school after it happened. When the top players u signed from the state of Michigan are both from Cass Tech and it is the school that pumps out the top talent in the state -- that is a bridge you don't want to burn. It certainly can't help with Peoples-Jones, who by the way, is also from Cass Tech.
I knew all about it. I wasn't happy about it, and I felt for the kid, but I would say he's doing just fine. He tore it up in the summer last year and if not for his injury, he'd of played. He's in line to start this year, and apparently is being treated just fine. For someone who is trying to talk down to me about that situation, I'd think you would know that Meyer and Wilcher have mended fences and have a strong relationship. If Meyer truly wasn't welcome at Cass, it'd be awfully difficult for OSU to be considered neck and neck for Peoples-Jones, wouldn't you think?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gap between Michigan and Ohio recruiting is pretty sizable. Including the last 3 recruiting cycles and for 2017 Michigan had/has 30 four star players or better Ohio had/has 51 four star players or better(according to ESPN). It's much easier to go into Ohio and get a good player then it is the other way around, if anything because there are more good players to choose from than Michigan. I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal that Michigan went into Ohio and got a good recruit. Notre Dame, MSU, Kentucky, WVU have all gone into Ohio and have gotten good recruits. If you're from Ohio and Ohio State wants you, odds are Ohio State is going to land you.
Id like to think that, but there is no chance OSU didn't want the two lineman signed by ND last year. ND signed two of the top 4 players out of Ohio. I'd like to think UM could get anyone they want. It just isn't the case. The closest you will find is Alabama to this being true.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to think that, but there is no chance OSU didn't want the two lineman signed by ND last year. ND signed two of the top 4 players out of Ohio. I'd like to think UM could get anyone they want. It just isn't the case. The closest you will find is Alabama to this being true.

Word was that OSU wasn't that interested in them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew all about it. I wasn't happy about it, and I felt for the kid, but I would say he's doing just fine. He tore it up in the summer last year and if not for his injury, he'd of played. He's in line to start this year, and apparently is being treated just fine. For someone who is trying to talk down to me about that situation, I'd think you would know that Meyer and Wilcher have mended fences and have a strong relationship. If Meyer truly wasn't welcome at Cass, it'd be awfully difficult for OSU to be considered neck and neck for Peoples-Jones, wouldn't you think?
Want to make an avatar wager on who signs Peoples-Jones? :)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gap between Michigan and Ohio recruiting is pretty sizable. Including the last 3 recruiting cycles and for 2017 Michigan had/has 30 four star players or better Ohio had/has 51 four star players or better(according to ESPN). It's much easier to go into Ohio and get a good player then it is the other way around, if anything because there are more good players to choose from than Michigan. I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal that Michigan went into Ohio and got a good recruit. Notre Dame, MSU, Kentucky, WVU have all gone into Ohio and have gotten good recruits. If you're from Ohio and Ohio State wants you, odds are Ohio State is going to land you.
Nailed it. It also didn't help OSU's chances that michigan was showing all the love to both Taylor and his teammate Antwaun Johnson, a kid that OSU had cooled on decidedly and wasn't even going to offer. That can make all the difference.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Weber's case. I'd think this hammers down the point I've been making repeatedly -- every top coach is shady and cut throat. As much as you'd like to think Meyer isn't and he has the kids interests in front of his own -- I'd think this would convince you otherwise.

And I don't blame him at all. He knows if he came out and said the guy recruiting him and is supposed to be his position coach is leaving the day after signing day, they would have lost him. They did what they had to do.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word was that OSU wasn't that interested in them.
I'm sure they would've been but ND recruits the Catholic schools very well. I don't think OSU really had much of a realistic shot at either.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Weber's case. I'd think this hammers down the point I've been making repeatedly -- every top coach is shady and cut throat. As much as you'd like to think Meyer isn't and he has the kids interests in front of his own -- I'd think this would convince you otherwise.

And I don't blame him at all. He knows if he came out and said the guy recruiting him and is supposed to be his position coach is leaving the day after signing day, they would have lost him. They did what they had to do.
I don't believe that. It's one thing to lose the position coach; it's another to lose the entire coaching staff. Tony Alford is considered one of the top RB coaches/recruiters in the nation, and it didn't take long for him to build the relationship he has with Weber now. He would've still been OSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it. It also didn't help OSU's chances that michigan was showing all the love to both Taylor and his teammate Antwaun Johnson, a kid that OSU had cooled on decidedly and wasn't even going to offer. That can make all the difference.
I can get on board with that. What're your stakes?
One football season. If he signs with OSU you own my avatar from 1st to last game of the 2017 season. If he signs with UM I get your avatar for the same period.

If he signs with someone else we both lose.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they would've been but ND recruits the Catholic schools very well. I don't think OSU really had much of a realistic shot at either.

Yeah that also played into it as well.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One football season. If he signs with OSU you own my avatar from 1st to last game of the 2017 season. If he signs with UM I get your avatar for the same period.

If he signs with someone else we both lose.
Jesus you love your long-ass avy bets. Ok, deal.

EDIT: If he signs elsewhere, we both don't lose, as in we both don't get to pick each other's. If he signs elsewhere, it's a wash, right?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that. It's one thing to lose the position coach; it's another to lose the entire coaching staff. Tony Alford is considered one of the top RB coaches/recruiters in the nation, and it didn't take long for him to build the relationship he has with Weber now. He would've still been OSU.
You want to know who thinks you are wrong? The coach who kept it hidden from the RB he was recruiting. We fans like to think the players are committing based on the school alone. But position coaches are the guys they spend the most time with, in position meetings and practice groups.

As much as you love OSU. You can't be that naive.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to know who thinks you are wrong? The coach who kept it hidden from the RB he was recruiting. We fans like to think the players are committing based on the school alone. But position coaches are the guys they spend the most time with, in position meetings and practice groups.

As much as you love OSU. You can't be that naive.
I don't doubt that, I really don't. But how can you sit there and act like it's so important when Weber had no relationship at all with any of the michigan coaches? How does that somehow mean he winds up at michigan?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We r betting avatars. Not the deed to our house or something. :)
I fully expect an OSU avatar if I lose. It will be fun
I may give you something along those lines, I'd have to think about it. I can see OSU signing Lindsay and Grimes and this blows up in my face because P-J doesn't want to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle. He would be a day 1 star at michigan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may give you something along those lines, I'd have to think about it. I can see OSU signing Lindsay and Grimes and this blows up in my face because P-J doesn't want to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle. He would be a day 1 star at michigan.
He is the #1 WR in the country. Went to the Opening in Oregon as a junior and had the highest score of any recruit in attendance (it was almost all seniors from this past class)

He is the 1st junior to win the Nike ratings championship at the opening. 4.41 in the 40. 42.5 inch vertical. Had a top 5 time in every event.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that, I really don't. But how can you sit there and act like it's so important when Weber had no relationship at all with any of the michigan coaches? How does that somehow mean he winds up at michigan?
As u follow OSU. I follow UM. I'm sure OSU has a school in Ohio that produces great players and they almost all go to OSU. That is Cass Tech in Michigan. I think we have 6 or 7 guys from Cass Tech on the team right now. 3 of the starters last year on defense were from Cass Tech, with Jourdan Lewis being the best of the three.

That is why getting Weber was a big deal for OSU, though Webb is the guy I wanted more.

Jaylen Kelly-Powell. Also Cass Tech for the 2017 class.