• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan getting rings for beating Alabama

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the #1 WR in the country. Went to the Opening in Oregon as a junior and had the highest score of any recruit in attendance (it was almost all seniors from this past class)

He is the 1st junior to win the Nike ratings championship at the opening. 4.41 in the 40. 42.5 inch vertical. Had a top 5 time in every event.
Oh I know, he's an absolute beast. I shouldn't have said it how I did - he'll be a stud no matter where he goes. We are in the driver's seat for the #2 WR, and the #5 WR is in love with OSU now. If we get those two in the fold (and probably one other highly-rated 4*, such as Jaylen Harris or Jerry Jeudy), he could look at it as being part of one of the highest rated WR units in NCAA history potentially, or fighting for position with his classmates as well as Austin Mack and Binjimin Victor who are freshmen this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As u follow OSU. I follow UM. I'm sure OSU has a school in Ohio that produces great players and they almost all go to OSU. That is Cass Tech in Michigan. I think we have 6 or 7 guys from Cass Tech on the team right now. 3 of the starters last year on defense were from Cass Tech, with Jourdan Lewis being the best of the three.

That is why getting Weber was a big deal for OSU, though Webb is the guy I wanted more.

Jaylen Kelly-Powell. Also Cass Tech for the 2017 class.
OSU has Glenville. I can only think of one time where a Glenville kid went elsewhere when OSU wanted him, and it was a kid that went to USC probably 6 years or so ago. However, OSU has already proven it can infiltrate Cass. Weber, Webb, and Joshua Alabi have all come from there in just the last 3 years. I know Alabi wasn't a huge recruit, but michigan came after him hard and we still got him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU has Glenville. I can only think of one time where a Glenville kid went elsewhere when OSU wanted him, and it was a kid that went to USC probably 6 years or so ago. However, OSU has already proven it can infiltrate Cass. Weber, Webb, and Joshua Alabi have all come from there in just the last 3 years. I know Alabi wasn't a huge recruit, but michigan came after him hard and we still got him.
I wish them the best of luck. My guess is beating Hoke for a recruit and beating Harbaugh for a recruit from Cass Tech is going to be slightly tougher.

The time to hit up Cass Tech for OSU was when DickRod was at UM. He stuck to his recruiting plan of guys that fit his system. Drove me crazy with all the little guys he'd recruit at skill positions. Then he'd ask OL to lose weight. Glad that is done with.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know, he's an absolute beast. I shouldn't have said it how I did - he'll be a stud no matter where he goes. We are in the driver's seat for the #2 WR, and the #5 WR is in love with OSU now. If we get those two in the fold (and probably one other highly-rated 4*, such as Jaylen Harris or Jerry Jeudy), he could look at it as being part of one of the highest rated WR units in NCAA history potentially, or fighting for position with his classmates as well as Austin Mack and Binjimin Victor who are freshmen this year.
I see what you meant. I think a guy like him is going to go wherever he wants. The guys behind him may think twice though if he did sign at OSU. With the full court press UM and MSU will put on Peoples-Jones. I don't think he is going anywhere though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut-up.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you meant. I think a guy like him is going to go wherever he wants. The guys behind him may think twice though if he did sign at OSU. With the full court press UM and MSU will put on Peoples-Jones. I don't think he is going anywhere though.
It'll be interesting. If michigan's QB play drops off with whoever starts, it could hurt them. I wouldn't be even slightly shocked if he wound up at MSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting. If michigan's QB play drops off with whoever starts, it could hurt them. I wouldn't be even slightly shocked if he wound up at MSU.
I don't see that happening with Harbaugh at UM. That definitely cost UM in the past as they haven't had a legitimate QB since Ryan Mallett transferred after DickRod was hired. QB has been an absolute disaster -- Steven Threat, Tate Forcier, Denard Robinson, Devin Gardner.....etc.

That's why I said I tempered my expectations as Brandon Peters is the 1st QB brought in by Harbaugh. Next year will most likely be the first year he has a shot to play. With McCaffrey giving his verbal -- that is two QB's rated higher than anything they had in almost a decade.
The only QB'S UM has put into the NFL is one as a RB and one as a WR in the last 8 or 9 years.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that happening with Harbaugh at UM. That definitely cost UM in the past as they haven't had a legitimate QB since Ryan Mallett transferred after DickRod was hired. QB has been an absolute disaster -- Steven Threat, Tate Forcier, Denard Robinson, Devin Gardner.....etc.

That's why I said I tempered my expectations as Brandon Peters is the 1st QB brought in by Harbaugh. Next year will most likely be the first year he has a shot to play. With McCaffrey giving his verbal -- that is two QB's rated higher than anything they had in almost a decade.
The only QB'S UM has put into the NFL is one as a RB and one as a WR in the last 8 or 9 years.
Man it has been a long last few years in that department for you guys, that's for sure. Forcier, that was a fun time for OSU fans.

I'm wondering how the QB spot will play out for us too. If Barrett gets back to 2014 form, he could possibly leave early. He doesn't exactly have a cannon for an arm, but he's got all the other tools and good enough size to play at the next level. If he comes back in 2017, we will make a strong case for #1 preseason (that is unless our football team goes the way of our basketball team and we lose 80% of our incoming freshmen class).

P-J would be a huge addition to either squad. I just worry about the pecking order at OSU getting in the way. The more I think about it the more I regret making that bet. :tsk:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it has been a long last few years in that department for you guys, that's for sure. Forcier, that was a fun time for OSU fans.

I'm wondering how the QB spot will play out for us too. If Barrett gets back to 2014 form, he could possibly leave early. He doesn't exactly have a cannon for an arm, but he's got all the other tools and good enough size to play at the next level. If he comes back in 2017, we will make a strong case for #1 preseason (that is unless our football team goes the way of our basketball team and we lose 80% of our incoming freshmen class).

P-J would be a huge addition to either squad. I just worry about the pecking order at OSU getting in the way. The more I think about it the more I regret making that bet. :tsk:
Forcier? Steven frickin' Threat actually started for us. Though Forcier was a disaster too. He was a shorter version of Gardner. Put up stats against nobodies, look lost against good teams.

A long time is an understatement. Prior to those guys, we had Mallett, Chad Henne, Drew Henson, Tom Brady, Elvis Grbac, John Navarre, Todd Collins. Hell Scott Driesbach hardly played and he was even drafted in the NFL. Needless to say, it has been a long 8 or 9 years and probably why UM fans are excited.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The P-J bet will be a tough one to win for OSU. If they do, I will be extremely impressed. With Dantonio and Harbaugh, I think it will be tough to get a Detroit recruit out of the state. UM is using Tyrone Wheatley as the main recruiter in Detroit -- so I like our chances going forward with Detroit kids.
And as u said earlier. If he signs somewhere other than UM or OSU. It is a wash.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The P-J bet will be a tough one to win for OSU. If they do, I will be extremely impressed. With Dantonio and Harbaugh, I think it will be tough to get a Detroit recruit out of the state. UM is using Tyrone Wheatley as the main recruiter in Detroit -- so I like our chances going forward with Detroit kids.
And as u said earlier. If he signs somewhere other than UM or OSU. It is a wash.
I'm excited we're going to get him at our spring game at least. Hoping they roll out the red carpet for him.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Angry Weasels defeated Alabama
LSU-4.jpg
perhaps, this ring is appropriate
DSC_00201.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited we're going to get him at our spring game at least. Hoping they roll out the red carpet for him.
Id have to tip my cap if OSU pulled it off. With the amount of time UM can put towards him as he is only 30 minutes away. Not sure they can pull it off. It is possible though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have to tip my cap if OSU pulled it off. With the amount of time UM can put towards him as he is only 30 minutes away. Not sure they can pull it off. It is possible though.
It's crazy, the crystal balls really are all over the place for him. There's still even Tennessee and Florida State in there, and I guess Alabama can't technically be ruled out.

If we end up with Grimes and/or Lindsey, I think I could suck up the avy bet loss. :suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy, the crystal balls really are all over the place for him. There's still even Tennessee and Florida State in there, and I guess Alabama can't technically be ruled out.

If we end up with Grimes and/or Lindsey, I think I could suck up the avy bet loss. :suds:
The crystal balls are just guessing. I don't put too much into it. I think Grimes is the best bet to sign with OSU with Meyer's Florida ties. Will be tough to pull Lindsay from California. My guess is he ends up at USC. I know UM offered him too I think.
Grimes would be a big get though. Protypical body and big time speed.