• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2023 - 2024 offseason thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part is that ownership/FO can point the fingers at the teams with big payrolls that failed to make the playoffs this year.
But that is kind of a false talking point. You can point to the Mets this year. But people saying that forget the Phillies, Padres, Rangers etc. the Padres didn’t make the playoffs this year but no denying the Padres have been a better franchise.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly a huge Teo fan, but I've looked at what will be on the market and at best we'd get a lateral replacement for him so I'd really like to see him retained.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with this damn franchise. Having lived in Washington my entire life - stints in Rome and Kosovo aside - I have no reason to root for another team unless I have money on them.
They will miss on Ohtani and Bellinger. Then there isn’t any other guys that would really excite anyone offensively. Possibly go after some pitching then allows for them to trade a Miller or a Gilbert to get that controllable bat. Realistically again go into the offseason needed a 2B and COF…plus I’d say an upgrade at 1B. I think they want Rojas at first.

Ideally sign Snell and Bellinger then make a blockbuster for a 2B/3B

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the mariner lay down .some.
Money.and not verry much..so will fans
Believe..it .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't.trade.there.good pitching..
And don't have.to
.to get what they need.

Eloy Jimenez.is a negative..means..

You have..to trade..a.bigger..negative..

then .come back..with real.numbers.

And indea can be had..with prospects

Julio..
And.
Raliegh..
Are..big bats..30 hrs..a.piece.
Indea.20..
Satana25..
Jimenez .20

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ulmax..you talking to the wall.

All they want..is destruction..

They don't ..get..it..

Ok....ok..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will miss on Ohtani and Bellinger. Then there isn’t any other guys that would really excite anyone offensively. Possibly go after some pitching then allows for them to trade a Miller or a Gilbert to get that controllable bat. Realistically again go into the offseason needed a 2B and COF…plus I’d say an upgrade at 1B. I think they want Rojas at first.

Ideally sign Snell and Bellinger then make a blockbuster for a 2B/3B
Ok this is spot on. I hate the belief you can just trade your prospects to improve. That leaves the cupboard empty. But signing guys at your strengths allows you to trade from those positions like you brought up. That also takes away the excuses that we tried to sign free agent hitters and they just won't come here. You sign the pitchers who I would think would love to come to marine layer heaven and then trade for hitters that have no choice but to come. Of course if the hitters aren't coming because you just aren't offering fair value, then the pitchers will turn you down as well and we will have our true reason why nobody comes here.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this is spot on. I hate the belief you can just trade your prospects to improve. That leaves the cupboard empty. But signing guys at your strengths allows you to trade from those positions like you brought up. That also takes away the excuses that we tried to sign free agent hitters and they just won't come here. You sign the pitchers who I would think would love to come to marine layer heaven and then trade for hitters that have no choice but to come. Of course if the hitters aren't coming because you just aren't offering fair value, then the pitchers will turn you down as well and we will have our true reason why nobody comes here.
Well just all of the excuses they have used for the past 3 seasons where there have been amazing free agents to fill the need, this is an offseason that actually fits their bs narrative.

With the FA class, I want them to go after Snell and Hader. Mostly as a defensive move because if those two go to the Rangers (my prediction) then this whole corp’s peak is a wild card. I know mathematically the bye doesn’t seem like a big deal but with a team whose strength is pitching having that break IMO is important.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for..reality....

Had the mariners..won...the game.and.
Div..when.they..went.against..baltimore.

There.weakness..would.have.shown.
As it was..all threw..September...
And before.in july..

So it's still..fixing..the problem..
Into the offseason
What.they..fixed..with..deadline.trade..
Was depth..
And a 2b..witch..the mariners..have.needed.
For years
And Rojas ..worked...know..is.time..
To.fix..the rest..in the offseason..

And Carlos .Santana...could be..just..the.
Guy to .help..the mariners..back..
To.the playoffs...as.he did..the.first.time

As a.platoon.with.france..and giving him.
More.verastility..as..bench..1b/3b/dh

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With..cinncinatis.
Infield..of..
1b /3b.spencer steer..and
1b/Dh. E-strand..
2b Matt McLain.
Ss Elly de la cruz
Ss Jose barrios
And..
Nolve..marte .3b

Johnaton..indea..2b.seems available..
And some..have..said..he ..will.the odd guy.
Out .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And.in the mean.time..the fix..seems..
To be in..for the rangers..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is were the mariners ..have a chance..
To dominate..next year..
With.good pitching.. and good bull pen..
All.they..need..
Is..
Blake Snell..LHP.
.and a replacement..for..
Paul .seawald..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...
You can't..win..unless..you score.
An most..every...plalyoff.team..
Has..2 guys..top 2o..in..risp.

Seattle...has...none..
Doomed..to..strike .out .for eternity..

But.
With.guys..to. .trade...they may..be able.
To talk..
The white..Sox..out.of..
Eloy Jimenez..LF/DH..and top 20..in risp
And.
Free agent..
Amed.rosario...ss/2b...top..20..in risp..

And although..it's..possable...

Morosi.and..passan...would..
Have us. Resigned...
To.trading..the...verry..thing...they.
Plan to dominate..with...

For .one year.players..such..as.soto.
And used up...2 way players..like.
Othani...

And soto mojo..for used.up players..
J d.martinez....
Joc.peterson..
Justin Turner ..
Will the mariners .be ..resigned.to..
Obscurity...
While.the..state..of Texas..takes....over..baseball....

And mariners.

to..an eternity ...of..

Strike..out...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners
Indea...13.30

Reds...13.20
Deloach..4
Arroyo...7.8
Moore...1.4

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here is when Jerry will tell the fanbase the FO tried for Ohtani but lost out to another team. One day down the line the numbers will be leaked on what was offered.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the FA class, I want them to go after Snell and Hader. Mostly as a defensive move because if those two go to the Rangers (my prediction) then this whole corp’s peak is a wild card. I know mathematically the bye doesn’t seem like a big deal but with a team whose strength is pitching having that break IMO is important.
I agree Texas will go after them and with their success they will more likely go there. That is what bugs me about fans who say we have to overpay for a free agent. No we don't. We have to pay the cost to get them to come to a franchise known as a non-contender on a yearly bases and a franchise who doesn't go the extra mile to win. That comes at a cost. An extra cost, but not an overpay.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AL East which features an 89, 99, 101 wins teams is about to crash and burn out of this post season. 0 win so far. Sad. Now I know why they rather have Boston and New York in instead.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Texas will go after them and with their success they will more likely go there. That is what bugs me about fans who say we have to overpay for a free agent. No we don't. We have to pay the cost to get them to come to a franchise known as a non-contender on a yearly bases and a franchise who doesn't go the extra mile to win. That comes at a cost. An extra cost, but not an overpay.
Good point. I will admit I do use the overpay saying, but you are right it is more of the cost of business. Which is the weirdest thing cause the ownership created their own wealth and I guarantee they invested heavily into their actual product. TMobile wouldn’t be as successful today if they only put money into cell towers and other infrastructure and ignore selling quality phones.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I will admit I do use the overpay saying, but you are right it is more of the cost of business. Which is the weirdest thing cause the ownership created their own wealth and I guarantee they invested heavily into their actual product. TMobile wouldn’t be as successful today if they only put money into cell towers and other infrastructure and ignore selling quality phones.
Nailed it!