• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2023 - 2024 offseason thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure I might as well kick it off.

Saw in some article it didn't exactly sound likely the Mariners would re-sign Tom Murphy. Boy we must be real broke.

Likely going to be another boring offseason.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teoscar Hernandez and Tom Murphy appear to be the only free agents for the Mariners.

When asked about Tom Murphy this was the response:

"Before he missed the last six weeks of the season with a thumb injury, the Mariners seemed adamant about signing catcher Tom Murphy to a contract extension to keep him in the organization. Asked about Murphy’s future, the Mariners were a little less definitive.

“We do need to find a backup catcher if it’s not Murph; obviously, he’s earned the right to go to free agency,” Hollander said. “He was a tremendous contributor this year. His consistency with the bat was something that was really a driver for us for a while. I think we all know what he means to the group on a game-calling perspective.”"

This tells me they're gonna low ball him. Hope I'm just in a bad mood because I'm sick but this tells me that we'll likely let Teoscar walk, sign some replacement level players and make a lateral trade.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NW posted that Dipoto said they've already decided on the qualifying offer for Teo, so you're thinking they'll lowball on purpose so he'll walk? Could be. If so, I guess we'll see what 5 tool wonderment Dipoto picks up to replace him. And what he'll do with the compensatory draft pick if Teo refuses the QO.

And the FO have made it clear they're just going to keep doing shit the same way they have been. We're fucked, but there's no point in saying how shitty it is. All I can do as a fan is see what "improvements" he comes up with and decide if I want to get invested. If not, I'll find another team to follow and just keep my MLB subscription and cancel fubo since I literally only keep it to watch M's games.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dump Dipoto and his Manager buddy Servais.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teoscar Hernandez and Tom Murphy appear to be the only free agents for the Mariners.

"Before he missed the last six weeks of the season with a thumb injury, the Mariners seemed adamant about signing catcher Tom Murphy to a contract extension to keep him in the organization. Asked about Murphy’s future, the Mariners were a little less definitive.

“We do need to find a backup catcher if it’s not Murph; obviously, he’s earned the right to go to free agency,” Hollander said. “He was a tremendous contributor this year. His consistency with the bat was something that was really a driver for us for a while. I think we all know what he means to the group on a game-calling perspective.”"

This tells me they're gonna low ball him. Hope I'm just in a bad mood because I'm sick but this tells me that we'll likely let Teoscar walk, sign some replacement level players and make a lateral trade.
Dont get me wrong..I like Murphy.and he.
Has become.a good.hitter as well..

But he is injured all.the time..whitch makes it.
Suck..
Ya need..2 other good .catchers..with.tom

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up swannie..for.hernqndez.is.not
Nothing..the prob..

.if he.accepts..
At lowball..
With to many strike outs...

Then.the mariners..must..not. Have him.
As.rhe only..dh..limiting..at bats..
And a maybe.trade.at.deadline...
It's a gamble..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say that...Hernandez.
Is a good player...
But the..strike out concerns .
Are going .to.holding .him back...to .
Maybe 450.at bats500..whatever..
If he is with mariners..
Best to try ..gurriel jr .
Or.
Jimenez..

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jerry Dipoto plans to stay with process, says big-name players not only way to build winner"

Fucking when is this process going to be done so we get a good fucking team? is it a fucking 20 year plan? fuck this fucking team. they don't give a fuck about winning and lie their fucking assess off to the fucking fans non fucking stop.

FUCK YOU MARINERS!

I'm almost 50 fucking years old and have been a fan of this lame ass fucking team for way too fucking long. I want to see a fucking championship not more fucking bullshit. Here we go they are already kicking the can down the fucking road again

Fuck the press for going along with this stupid bullshit fake ass of a team, they know its fucking shit and should call it fucking shit

A random crackhead you pull from the street would have won as many rings as used car Jerry. The Mariners fans are getting fucking screwed.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I heard they aren’t actually allowed to speak on anything during the postseason. So can’t talk about whether they will sign Murphy, intend to or whatever. Same with why they dodged the QO question with Teo. Never realized MLB had some really dumb rules until this press conference debacle.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NW posted that Dipoto said they've already decided on the qualifying offer for Teo, so you're thinking they'll lowball on purpose so he'll walk? Could be. If so, I guess we'll see what 5 tool wonderment Dipoto picks up to replace him. And what he'll do with the compensatory draft pick if Teo refuses the QO.

And the FO have made it clear they're just going to keep doing shit the same way they have been. We're fucked, but there's no point in saying how shitty it is. All I can do as a fan is see what "improvements" he comes up with and decide if I want to get invested. If not, I'll find another team to follow and just keep my MLB subscription and cancel fubo since I literally only keep it to watch M's games.
Not sure if you herd Teo speak about coming back after the last game but I found his wording interesting. He said he loves Seattle, the players, and the organization, but he says it isn't up to him. My brain tells me the offer they made him after the traded for him was laughable. Maybe I am overly cynical.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case next year Dipoto needs to speak to the fans again, maybe he can learn from the Giants.

Giants.jpg

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised.they traded seawald..
I'm not surprised ..
They did not make..the playoffs..

Cuz ..even with there good pitching..
They don't score..
Enough runs...
And when bases..are loaded...

But trading seawald.for canzone and Rojas..
Ok..Rojas ended.hitting..272..2 best.on.the team.
So.
.I do think they.won.the deadline..
And by doing ..so..missed .the.playoffs..
Maybe...
But something..had.to be done..

Now..they must.win the off-season..
As well
The rangers score.6..a lot..
If the mariners..can build a team that.scores.
7..alot
Ok..
Mariners pitching.will..be better.than..
Rangers ..
But mariners line up...
I'm not sure..

Ya gota score.to win......the more the better

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case next year Dipoto needs to speak to the fans again, maybe he can learn from the Giants.

View attachment 342271
The absolute correct response and message to the fanbase.
Fucking not going out there and spinning shit like a washing machine.

A simple, "after the 2022 season, our expectations were high and we didn't meet those expectations in 2023 and we let you, the fans down" would've been suffice. But no, they have to go out there and spin the 54% bullshit.

How about I wish to just pay for 54% of the beers at the stadium next season. Or maybe the fans should just half fill all home games.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
54 pct..won't do..I suppose ..if it is.87...
Then you miss the playoffs..every.year..
Bye or3 or 4...
That would get old .quick..
Its..
The Japanese...all over again ..it's not..
What fans want...
Also..Astros..beat.that.every year .
So .mariners just getting whooped..
Yeah..were..tired of that..

Last edited:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you herd Teo speak about coming back after the last game but I found his wording interesting. He said he loves Seattle, the players, and the organization, but he says it isn't up to him. My brain tells me the offer they made him after the traded for him was laughable. Maybe I am overly cynical.
Yeah, the final bit Teo said makes me think that's very possible. I'm sure Jerry will find at least one player who is 54% as good as Teo and only costs 54% as much. A real bargain that will fit in with his master 100 I mean 10 year plan. And I'm positively giddy about seeing how he'll use the compensatory draft pick.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure I might as well kick it off.

Saw in some article it didn't exactly sound likely the Mariners would re-sign Tom Murphy. Boy we must be real broke.

Likely going to be another boring offseason.
M’s historically never want to spend, they always seem to land between 15-20th payroll, give or take … Hasn’t worked out really well either considering we’re the only team in the league now that has never made it to a World Series …

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they would have...drafted..
College..guys..that.could.make it to.mlb.
Faster..
Witch..point..others.have made .as well.
And witch.baltimore..is shoving..up us..
But.
The outfield..they got were ok..
But they never..draft.that..left..handed..pitcher.
They.need..
Have they..gotten off track...
Maybe..
Although..they have.filled.the minors well..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who..is coming.for Baltimore..right know.
Though..the mariners really did not.
Have a shot at..
And were drafting needed.pitching..
So.while..the.54.pct.may.not be so.
Hot..
Mariners have done well..in minors
So far..
But cuz..they..went..with.so..much.
Pitching..
They need to trade..for some good players..
To fill..the big club..
Guys who can hit..other.guys in....

If ya can't score..ya can't..win

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry "apologizes" and "clarifies" what he meant by the "54%" and "doing fans a favor" comments.

He's so full of shit all I imagine is (insert a dozen poop emojis here) all over the floor wherever he's speaking.

My favorite 2 quotes that he spoke within moments of each other:

"Acquiring a big star from outside is also contingent on the big star, so I can’t guarantee you when that will happen."

"...to think that you’re going to predict (when) we will win the World Series is silly."

Okay idiot. Yes, we know there is no guarantee that signing big FA will contribute to winning a WS, and that there's no way to predict when a team will win a WS. That doesn't mean you don't bother using FA acquisitions to improve a team.

The only thing I will say is that we have a history of signing FA position players who figure out that this team is going nowhere real fast, and then ride out their Seattle contract doing the minimum while they earn their millions and wait to get to an org that knows what the fuck it's doing.

Last edited: