• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers need to trade the farm for Westbrook

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes you will! Check this out...LeBron.:rant:...:exploding: Oooppss, I mentioned him:nod:...My bad!:heh:

Ahhh, we got a funny man in da house...

It's cool, though. The season sweep the Lakers are gonna put on the Celtics'll help me feel better...:dhd:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, we got a funny man in da house...

It's cool, though. The season sweep the Lakers are gonna put on the Celtics'll help me feel better...:dhd:

How dare you talk trash about the Celtics? Oh the outrage! Let me tell you sir I have qualified for platinum status! Whatever the hell the means? Shit, I'm kinda stoned & forgot what I was about to say. Say...where the hell is my water bong?:noidea:

I got cottonmouth.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

OKC's beat course of action might be to play out the season and hope to resign Russ. Who knows, he might stay.

The only way they should move him is if they get a team like the Celtics or Lakers to overpay.

Which would be foolish on their parts, imo. If he wants to play for either of those teams, they can get him in FA after the season. If he doesn't want to play for them, it won't matter what they do.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would be foolish on their parts, imo. If he wants to play for either of those teams, they can get him in FA after the season. If he doesn't want to play for them, it won't matter what they do.
Are we still on the silly notion of trading our good draft picks for Westbrook? The guy is not an aging player, but he would be by the time the Lakers got what they needed to win a championship - unless they could get two more players at the same time like Miami did with Lebron and Bosh. I really like what the Lakers have - I am okay with wait and see and look for a free agent next summer.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is in a tough spot. They are basically in the same position the Lakers were when they traded Shaq. They have a superstar player that everyone knows wants out and because of that, they are unlikely to get anything close to equal value for him.

On the other hand, if they don't trade him, he walks away after the season and they are left with nothing in return.

The only way that I see OKC getting anything of value in a trade would be if Westbrook changed his mind and decided to sign an extension. I don't see him doing that because, if I understand his status correctly, it will cost him a lot of money. The only other way would be if the team received some kind of assurance that Westbrook will re-sign with them.

The other problem for OKC is that in order for them to get anything close to equal value, the team that he's being traded to would have to give up so many assets that it would be like when Carmelo was traded to the Knicks. He'd get to his new team, only to find that most of team he thought he was joining is gone.

Trojanfan comon man. :D

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of examples of Texas dumbassery in this one.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao Star does it again!

Eh, I got him pretty good in this one.

To be fair, when's the last time the Mavs had a good draft pick? Jordan Clarkson is better than anything the Mavs have drafted in years and he was a 2nd rounder. Cuban tries to go all out for Dirk and Dirk takes less but still the Mavs strike out so much in FA that Chandler fucking Parsons was cause for huge celebration. The Lakers handcuffed the rebuild a bit by paying Kobe but the Mavs have just plain failed.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I want to be fair to a person like @trojanfan12 , The dude never said Westbrook was leaving the Thunder - IN HIS OPINION. What he said did say is that if the Thunder did trade Westbrook, they would not get anything of value back, so if you brought a year old thread to prove him wrong - you failed. Nothing in that post says he thought Westbrook would leave The Thunder when a free agent.

Care to try again?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oy vey......

Well this one came back to bite me in the ass.......oh well, can't win 'em all......

I'll take that plate of crow, anybody got some hot sauce?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oy vey......

Well this one came back to bite me in the ass.......oh well, can't win 'em all......

I'll take that plate of crow, anybody got some hot sauce?

th

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the first to say I really thought he was going towards Ny or to LA. And I thought George was a one year rental. I understand why he stayed. Money and comfort with a great fan base. But yeah, this one really surprised me

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the first to say I really thought he was going towards Ny or to LA. And I thought George was a one year rental. I understand why he stayed. Money and comfort with a great fan base. But yeah, this one really surprised me

Most, if not all of us believed he would at least test free agency. A much, much smaller percentage thought Westbrook going to LA was highly likely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Serioulsy?!?

As others pointed out, I never said he was leaving, I just said that if he wants out and OKC tries to trade him, they were unlikely to get fair value for him.

Given what was happening at the time, my posts were spot on.

So, not sure what your point was supposed to be, but you failed miserably in making it.

If you'd like, I can delete the post for you and save you further embarrassment.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serioulsy?!?

As others pointed out, I never said he was leaving, I just said that if he wants out and OKC tries to trade him, they were unlikely to get fair value for him.

Given what was happening at the time, my posts were spot on.

So, not sure what your point was supposed to be, but you failed miserably in making it.

If you'd like, I can delete the post for you and save you further embarrassment.
Lmfao at this thread resurrection.

I'm happy to be wrong.

It's not the first time, won't be the last.