• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers need to trade the farm for Westbrook

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the first to say I really thought he was going towards Ny or to LA. And I thought George was a one year rental. I understand why he stayed. Money and comfort with a great fan base. But yeah, this one really surprised me

PG stil is a rental imo.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serioulsy?!?

As others pointed out, I never said he was leaving, I just said that if he wants out and OKC tries to trade him, they were unlikely to get fair value for him.

Given what was happening at the time, my posts were spot on.

So, not sure what your point was supposed to be, but you failed miserably in making it.

If you'd like, I can delete the post for you and save you further embarrassment.

This.

OKC fans are just crowing right now.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess we'll see. imho it increased his chances of staying...

OKC isn't LA and he hasn't said anything different about it.

And with that trio, they arent going to be able to afford any pieces for the forseeable future.

I think a lot depends on how they do next year......and there's just one ball and RW and Melo both need it to be effective. PG is the 3rd wheel, unless Melo realizes he's the 3rd best player and I'm not so sure he does.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao at this thread resurrection.

I'm happy to be wrong.

It's not the first time, won't be the last.
You are seldom wrong and still the Superstar of the NBA threads... :thumb:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC isn't LA and he hasn't said anything different about it.

And with that trio, they arent going to be able to afford any pieces for the forseeable future.

I think a lot depends on how they do next year......and there's just one ball and RW and Melo both need it to be effective. PG is the 3rd wheel, unless Melo realizes he's the 3rd best player and I'm not so sure he does.

PG13 said after practice today that with Westbrook signing his extension and seeing how passionate he is and the good vibes he has so far he said it will make his decision "much easier".

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Westbrook signing a 5 yr extension increased the possibility of George coming back to OKC next season then there is something wrong with you. Having a long term commitment from the top player on the team can only HELP.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Westbrook signing a 5 yr extension increased the possibility of George coming back to OKC next season then there is something wrong with you. Having a long term commitment from the top player on the team can only HELP.
I think that depends on how close the Thunder can get to the finals - The team is at 132 million and 102 million next year not counting Westbrooks. That could hurt their chances of big signings being capped out. If Paul George and Carmelo don't get even close and sees that building the bench as a problem, they could both head out. On the other hand, I could see both them excercising their player options and give it a second year if they play pretty good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that depends on how close the Thunder can get to the finals - The team is at 132 million and 102 million next year not counting Westbrooks. That could hurt their chances of big signings being capped out. If Paul George and Carmelo don't get even close and sees that building the bench as a problem, they could both head out. On the other hand, I could see both them excercising their player options and give it a second year if they play pretty good.

Melo isn't leaving 27 million on the table. He will be back next year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo isn't leaving 27 million on the table. He will be back next year.
Carmelo would be stupid to leave - I doubt he would get offers that high if he opted out. Paul George, just might get better offers, but staying will depend on good chemistry and winning.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these scenarios are plausible we just don't have enough information yet. No one saw KD to the Warriors. So PG or Melo may surprise us too. Let's just enjoy the fact that the Thunder and Rockets aren't laying down for the Warriors.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG stil is a rental imo.

Yes -- everyone just wants to play for the Lakers. They should just sit back and wait for players to come to them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- everyone just wants to play for the Lakers. They should just sit back and wait for players to come to them.

Regardless of what happens, they still made the correct decision in not making a Melo to Knicks style trade to acquire PG13. You win some, you lose some, but overpaying to land a good, not great player you have a good chance to sign for free later on is bad business.