• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time For Belichick to Vacate the GM Seat??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get almost nauseous when the Patriots host an outstanding player, and he walks away and signs somewhere else. It gets worse when the Patriots have the money and for some reason can't close the deal. Then I get really pissed off when the player tweets or makes a remark that the Patriots wouldn't cough up a million or two moire over three years. It's been getting progressively worse over the past three years. So far this year we've seen Fournette, Elliot, Dhop and a couple of others have stopped by and gone away.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to hand the wallet and player decision making over to someone else like Matt Groh. If Bill can't move into the 2020's and accept that players today are not going to accept a discount to play for him, he's sadly mistaken. He doesn't have the Golden Fleece of Tom Brady to attract players and the team hasn't performed well enough to get their attention. In free agency, players don't start looking to New England until they've exhausted trying to catch on with a real solid contender.

What happens if Mac shits the bed? A lot of you have zero faith in Zappe and McSorely, just plain sucks. He's fodder at the very most and Bill won't sign a decent body to replace him. If a QB over three days is 9/34 without any friggin defense attacking him, it's time to cut the cord.

We've all admitted that every team is a knee injury away from Football Hell. Why start the season in Purgatory.

Then again, BB is making $27M this year. Why is he having such a problem paying a player $13M or $16M??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get almost nauseous when the Patriots host an outstanding player, and he walks away and signs somewhere else. It gets worse when the Patriots have the money and for some reason can't close the deal. Then I get really pissed off when the player tweets or makes a remark that the Patriots wouldn't cough up a million or two moire over three years. It's been getting progressively worse over the past three years. So far this year we've seen Fournette, Elliot, Dhop and a couple of others have stopped by and gone away.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to hand the wallet and player decision making over to someone else like Matt Groh. If Bill can't move into the 2020's and accept that players today are not going to accept a discount to play for him, he's sadly mistaken. He doesn't have the Golden Fleece of Tom Brady to attract players and the team hasn't performed well enough to get their attention. In free agency, players don't start looking to New England until they've exhausted trying to catch on with a real solid contender.

What happens if Mac shits the bed? A lot of you have zero faith in Zappe and McSorely, just plain sucks. He's fodder at the very most and Bill won't sign a decent body to replace him. If a QB over three days is 9/34 without any friggin defense attacking him, it's time to cut the cord.

We've all admitted that every team is a knee injury away from Football Hell. Why start the season in Purgatory.

Then again, BB is making $27M this year. Why is he having such a problem paying a player $13M or $16M??
I'll reply to the AFTER BB spends it in his typical value conscious way. Everyone love to compliment his complete body of work while micro-complaining about every decision. No one decision is in a vacuum.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are hosting elliot this weekend and he,s had it.they could get a better running back than him.
He's been and gone. Patriots said it was very positive. Nothing offered. Bill told him that they would be in touch.

Mac liked him so much that he took him out for some local seafood.

Montgomery hurt his ankle. How long will he be sitting out this time? Halloween? Thanksgiving?? How many times does a train have to fall off the track before you put it away?

Stevenson has been limited in practice since the camp opened.

Elliot is healthy and is a known product. Signing him would not hurt this team one iota. if anything he might improve it.

Please name a better available free agent running back.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dalvin cook is a better running back.elliot got ran to death in dallas.
He's going to sign with the Jets. He was supposed to be in Foxboro yesterday and it was cancelled because he is spending the weekend in NYC.

If you're going to get into these conversations, you have to be up on the news in New England and with players associated with the Patriots.
Reb, Southie and Sharky will give some latitude, but they will step on your fingers if you wander off the path. And I'm being very nice.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been and gone. Patriots said it was very positive. Nothing offered. Bill told him that they would be in touch.

Mac liked him so much that he took him out for some local seafood.

Montgomery hurt his ankle. How long will he be sitting out this time? Halloween? Thanksgiving?? How many times does a train have to fall off the track before you put it away?

Stevenson has been limited in practice since the camp opened.

Elliot is healthy and is a known product. Signing him would not hurt this team one iota. if anything he might improve it.

Please name a better available free agent running back.
How much? $$$$$

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much? $$$$$
owboys are still paying his guarantee on a 6/$90M deal that had $50M guaranteed.
GUARANTEE DEAD CAP HIT
Player contract details by year
-$5,820,000-$5,820,000-($0)
-$6,040,000-$6,040,000-($0)
Don't know if Bill even offered him anything. Bill said he'd be in touch so he must be in a friendly area. 2 years $22M should be a very decent offer with his Cowboy money.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
owboys are still paying his guarantee on a 6/$90M deal that had $50M guaranteed.
GUARANTEE DEAD CAP HIT
-$5,820,000-$5,820,000-($0)
-$6,040,000-$6,040,000-($0)
Don't know if Bill even offered him anything. Bill said he'd be in touch so he must be in a friendly area. 2 years $22M should be a very decent offer with his Cowboy money.
$11 per? For the shell of Elliot?
I am so damn glad you are not the Pats GM........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$11 per? For the shell of Elliot?
I am so damn glad you are not the Pats GM........
RBs have the NFLPA worked up. Taylor and couple of others are basically hinting that they're willing to sit out. Taylor wants to be traded and Irsay said, "No way I trade him." If he can get a few more "name" guys to consider sitting out for a better salary range, a strike within the union could cause a huge problem.

Like Taylor says, RBs take more of a beating than any other position and have the shortest careers. Time to pony up.

Bill ain't gonna get anyone of stature or statistics for less than $10M. Union will back these guys and demand bigger salaries.

Just have McCaffrey, Barkley, and few others join a sit out. It won't take long for the RB salary scale to move up to $15-$20M.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs have the NFLPA worked up. Taylor and couple of others are basically hinting that they're willing to sit out. Taylor wants to be traded and Irsay said, "No way I trade him." If he can get a few more "name" guys to consider sitting out for a better salary range, a strike within the union could cause a huge problem.

Like Taylor says, RBs take more of a beating than any other position and have the shortest careers. Time to pony up.

Bill ain't gonna get anyone of stature or statistics for less than $10M. Union will back these guys and demand bigger salaries.

Just have McCaffrey, Barkley, and few others join a sit out. It won't take long for the RB salary scale to move up to $15-$20M.
Ain'tgoing to happen.......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't neveh say Neveh, Dats whin it will happin.
We let Sony Michel walk in his prime. He is now retired after a 5 year career.
Zeke was one hell of a player in his day and still a force to be reckoned with.
He is no longer an every down back and his tires are going bald after being used up by Dallas.

Sony was part of a Superbowl winning year.
Zeke is part of the problem......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB's are a great investment!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB's are a great investment!
It's a passing league. Prole isthat your QB can't be back in a shotgun for 60 plays a game. It's going to cost him his offensive line within 2 months.

Everybody has value. Depends on the guy you're laying out the cash for.

I agree that RBs are not a great investment, but you have to have them. Especially if you plan to use the screen. Some are reason that a QB gets that extra tick on the clock to get his passes away. Perfect example was the missed block on Hightower when he breezed by and force Ryan to fumble in SB LI.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I get really pissed off when the player tweets or makes a remark that the Patriots wouldn't cough up a million or two moire over three years.

So then you were totally cool with what they paid for Agholor?

It's just fucking unbelievable. BB's a cheapskate until he pays for somebody and then he paid too much. Jesus H.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliots is willing to take the Vet Min. $2.5. The only wrinkle?

He wants it guaranteed. You cut him, you pay him, you take the cap hit.

BB will stay in touch.
It's just fucking unbelievable. BB's a cheapskate until he pays for somebody and then he paid too much. Jesus H.
That's exactly Bill's problem. There were no decent WRs available in that free agent bunch. Instead of backing away, he hoped, didn't know, that Agholor would be much better than he'd ever been. Guess what? He didn't have TB12 throwing the rock.

Agholor was the third or fourth time that Bill has gone to the well heard the bucket hit the bottom and yet till sign the guy down in that dark hole. Signing skill players is not his strong suit. Signing outstanding linemen and defensive players, he is unparalleled. He just haven't that WR recognition gene.

For Bill, that position is like a festering wound. No matter what he does to treat it, he somehow makes the infection worse. For once in his life, he should let BOB or Groh select the WR in free agency next year and stay the hell out of it.

We'll have plnety of other things to bitch about, I'm afraid.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliots is willing to take the Vet Min. $2.5. The only wrinkle?

He wants it guaranteed. You cut him, you pay him, you take the cap hit.

BB will stay in touch.

That's exactly Bill's problem. There were no decent WRs available in that free agent bunch. Instead of backing away, he hoped, didn't know, that Agholor would be much better than he'd ever been. Guess what? He didn't have TB12 throwing the rock.

Agholor was the third or fourth time that Bill has gone to the well heard the bucket hit the bottom and yet till sign the guy down in that dark hole. Signing skill players is not his strong suit. Signing outstanding linemen and defensive players, he is unparalleled. He just haven't that WR recognition gene.

For Bill, that position is like a festering wound. No matter what he does to treat it, he somehow makes the infection worse. For once in his life, he should let BOB or Groh select the WR in free agency next year and stay the hell out of it.

We'll have plnety of other things to bitch about, I'm afraid.

Where are you hearing Elliot wants 2.5 mil? I haven't seen that. I'd pay him 2.5 if that was it. But BB is smarter than me at this so I'll trust his decision making. Elliot is not a likeable guy and he's getting long in the tooth. He has known character issues so who's to say he doesn't take his 2.5 and suddenly get a stiff hamstring? Still, I'd take that gamble, I think.

Regarding the rest of what you wrote, you simply hate BB and it has completely clouded your ability to not hate every decision he makes. Greatest coach/GM in the history of the game and you hate him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you hearing Elliot wants 2.5 mil? I haven't seen that. I'd pay him 2.5 if that was it. But BB is smarter than me at this so I'll trust his decision making. Elliot is not a likeable guy and he's getting long in the tooth. He has known character issues so who's to say he doesn't take his 2.5 and suddenly get a stiff hamstring? Still, I'd take that gamble, I think.

Regarding the rest of what you wrote, you simply hate BB and it has completely clouded your ability to not hate every decision he makes. Greatest coach/GM in the history of the game and you hate him.
NESN and NBC Sports Boston have both said that he willing to take one year on Vet Min.

Sharky, I don't "hate" Belichick. He has several issues and personality things that I don't care for.

The first is that he's been the GM/HC for so long that he feels he is untouchable and answers to no one.

The second is that he's won eight Super Bowl Rings and two were as a DC under Parcells and six with TB12 as his QB. In his terms as HC, he is a .500 coach without TB12 as his QB. Without Parcells or Bardy, he is not an extra-Ordinary HC or GM.

The third is that he's beginning to act like a 12-year-old in a 71-year-old man's body. He refuses to answer any question asked by the Boston media with a straight honest answer. It's as if he crosses his arms and sticks his tongue out because he's always been able to get away with it.Yesterday he was on a podcast with some guy named Irwin and he profusely answered every question and expounded on them. Quote by Michael Holley (co-author of two Belichick books) "Irwin is an old friend."

The fourth thing is that he has not been making good decisions as far as personnel are concerned for the past three years. For twenty years, during the TB12 era, the Patriots had several players selected as AL-Pros every single year. Judon is it now. Guess what?? He's hinting publicly that he wants a new contract because edge rushers, even the piss poor ones are making more than him. What did Bill say? "He has two more years left on his present contract." Think Judon will resign next year if offered??? He'll most likely be in NYC.

At 71, all men, regardless of who they are, begin the walk to the end. I'm 73, work out six days a week, do math puzzles and brain teasers to stay as physically and mentally as good as possible. I can't pick up a hundred pounds of anything anymore. I don't have the physical dexterity to quickly play anything on my guitar. As a matter of fact, I'm having a hell of a time getting my left wrist to bend enough to properly hold down the strings with my left fingers. My hand-eye coordination is getting slower as is my mental response. I'm two years old than BB, but I at least admit that I can no longer do the same things I did when I was 53.

There comes a point in time where one has to start letting go. It's time for BB to be the best HC in the NFL and let someone else do the personnel stuff. GMs today have to be quick, understand what's happening before they happen and do something to protect or adjust his team. Bill will always do what Bill always does. That's no longer enough. It may even be a hindrance. If this was a36 HC/GM, the media would be screaming for him to "Grow up." Bill's too old to grow up. It's time to "let go."