• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do the Patriots Keep or at Least Try to Keep for 2024

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be another argumentative subject. Patriots will have $100M in cap space.

First question is always "How much should they spend to keep their own players?"

Here are my choices with how much they're making now.

Trent Brown $6.5M - Offer him 3/$24M with $12M guaranteed
Eziekiel Elliot $3M - Offer him 3/$15M with $10M guaranteed
Kyle Dugger $2.2M - Offer him 3/$18M with $12M guaranteed
Mike Owenue $875K - Offer him 5/$35M with $20M guaranteed.
Josh Uche $1.35M - Offer him 3/$12M with $8M guaranteed
Anferee Jennings $1.15M - Offer him 3/$9M with $6M guaranteed.

With these six to start, the spending is $33M out of that cap money. In my opinion Owenue is a must sign.

Here's my caveat. Make the offer on the day following the last game. Tell the agent that it's on the table for 72 hours. If they go out on the market and don't get what they want, these offers are gone. They are fair and reflect what the player did in 2023. Take it or leave it. Then the team has to start looking elsewhere.

22 Patriots are free agents. Several no one wants to see back. May be a retirement or two. Henry may be this seasons late savior, but he ain't worth $12.5M now or next year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be another argumentative subject. Patriots will have $100M in cap space.

First question is always "How much should they spend to keep their own players?"

With these six to start, the spending is $33M out of that cap money. In my opinion Owenue is a must sign.

Here's my caveat. Make the offer on the day following the last game. Tell the agent that it's on the table for 72 hours. If they go out on the market and don't get what they want, these offers are gone. They are fair and reflect what the player did in 2023. Take it or leave it. Then the team has to start looking elsewhere.

22 Patriots are free agents. Several no one wants to see back. May be a retirement or two. Henry may be this seasons late savior, but he ain't worth $12.5M now or next year.
Agree on keeping Onwenu.

Try and resign Dugger, Henry, and to a lesser extent Jennings and Uche.

First things first need to find a GM before they start making deals.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Priority 1: Dugger I find a way to keep him

Priority 2: Owenue we have got to establish an oline so retaining talent is important/

Priority 3; Jennings he has been p[aying his ass off an the NE approach to D has let him lose.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All makes sense to me. Good point about Henry. As much a go-to as he was, I can’t imagine there aren’t a lot of TEs out there with good hands and can block … depends though what the plan is for next years offense … if there is one.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would add Henry to the list.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All makes sense to me. Good point about Henry. As much a go-to as he was, I can’t imagine there aren’t a lot of TEs out there with good hands and can block … depends though what the plan is for next years offense … if there is one.
draft brock bowers Hes the next Gronk :suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed he posted those players assuming Henry was a shoe in to keep, If not then yes he is a keeper.
No. I don't consider Henry a priority. If he resigns, great. If not, then move on.

Let's be honest, Henry shouldn't even consider getting a contract like he has. $12.5M a year is just way too much for what he provides. I would make him an offer of 3/$24M and guarantee $16M. Anything more and someone else can pay him..

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I don't consider Henry a priority. If he resigns, great. If not, then move on.

Let's be honest, Henry shouldn't even consider getting a contract like he has. $12.5M a year is just way too much for what he provides. I would make him an offer of 3/$24M and guarantee $16M. Anything more and someone else can pay him..
Only Henry is not the issue and has been the one consistent element of this team

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 72 hour offer is ridiculous for team players. You can sometimes do this for free agents but for players on your team you want to keep, it is a great chance to say F---you! That is not a fair business practice.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 72 hour offer is ridiculous for team players. You can sometimes do this for free agents but for players on your team you want to keep, it is a great chance to say F---you! That is not a fair business practice.
My thoughts are that it gives them a chance to get a good contract and know where they'll be. Go on the markets and they're looking for a certain dollar amount and no one will pay. If what you offered is higher than what anyone else will pay you have to be able to say something and saying it two and half months before the frenzy sets a precedence and knowledge that the money is here now and might not be in March.

None of these guys is making a killing contract wise. None of them, other than Owenue have done much over the top. Dugger might be worth more than $2.2M, but he's not worth $10M based on 2023.

Uche had 11.5 sacks in 2022 but Judon was on the other side and opened a lot of doors for him. He ain't done squat this year with Judon on IR.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these guys is making a killing contract wise. None of them, other than Owenue have done much over the top. Dugger might be worth more than $2.2M, but he's not worth $10M based on 2023.

Uche had 11.5 sacks in 2022 but Judon was on the other side and opened a lot of doors for him. He ain't done squat this year with Judon on IR.
Agree with most of this.
I am not impressed with your knowledge of contract negotiation.
A good negotiator would steel your lunch!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“I don’t get the sense that Uche is enamored with the idea of staying in this system (as currently constituted),” Giardi wrote. “His role has diminished despite Matthew Judon’s injury, which caught NFL folks’ attention outside New England. That said, despite Uche’s sack totals being down, his pass rush metrics are still impressive, which leads me to believe he will be in high demand.”

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been very consistent.
With better oline play and better QB play his value with rise.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO and who is going to throw the ball to him and protect that person?
It all depends on Free Agency.

For the most part Bill has not had an issue with Drafting QB's or O Line.
WR's are his Achilles. TE is hit or miss.
He needs Evans and Higgins (Or insert your fav...) and if he can secure either O line or a serviceable QB then he needs to attack the rest in the draft.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is good but overpaid.
Problem is, he might rather leave than take a pay cut for this shit-show.
And that may be the case, but that does not mean we should not make a genuine effort to retain him.