• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick and Coaching Records

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think kraft will be convinced by gooodell to keep bb another year if it comes down to it.it,s clearly important to thel eague for shula,s record to be broken and bb is way closer to break it than any other coach in recent memory.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note. Bill has lost Dante Scarneccia, Ivan Fears and Ernie Adams.
Definite losses.
More so, Bill has forced good GMs to leave so that he could take control. Nick Caserio(Texans), Dave Zeigler(Raiders),Monti Ossenfort(Titans(
Hmm... The Jury is still out...

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don,t think it,s passed bb by,just does,nt have the quality of players he once had.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've pretty much said for the past couple of years that I think the NFL style of football has passed him by and that it's time to rejuvenate the Patriots or watch them stagnate in the cesspool they are today. Time to move on.

Side note. Bill has lost Dante Scarneccia, Ivan Fears and Ernie Adams.

More so, Bill has forced good GMs to leave so that he could take control. Nick Caserio(Texans), Dave Zeigler(Raiders),Monti Ossenfort(Titans(
I disagree on Belichick

Bill has lost Scar, Ernie, and Fears to retirement!

Raiders are in last place (Ziegler), Arizona is in lasr place (Ossenfort), and who the hell ever thought that Caserio was good at anything?
(also last place)

You never, ever, let the facts get in your way!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Belichick

Bill has lost Scar, Ernie, and Fears to retirement!

Raiders are in last place (Ziegler), Arizona is in lasr place (Ossenfort), and who the hell ever thought that Caserio was good at anything?
(also last place)

You never, ever, let the facts get in your way!

He conveniently left Scott Pioli off the list of people that BB supposedly chased out of town so he could "have more control". To this day Scott talks about what a great coach, GM, mentor, and person BB is in interviews.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question now would be if the Krafts could trade Belichick for a grade A QB … would they?

Is the greatest head coach ever worth anything near a Montana, Brady, or Mahomes … I guess is what I’m askin’

I got my answer
When a guy wins 1 playoff game in his 11th year and below .,500 record, I would say no. Gibbs won 3 with 3 different QBS

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a guy wins 1 playoff game in his 11th year and below .,500 record, I would say no. Gibbs won 3 with 3 different QBS
For some reason I was thinking it was 4 and 4...

Truly remarkable and another sign that pre cap was a different era.

QB's and receivers were not protected like they are today.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I was thinking it was 4 and 4...

Truly remarkable and another sign that pre cap was a different era.

QB's and receivers were not protected like they are today.
I think it was 3 but could be wrong. 100% right about the protection

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love him all you want. Without TB12, Bill's history is nothing but losing seasons, with one exception year. Josh McDaniels' last as OC of the NEP.

Since 2019, he's continually made bad moves one after the other. In my opinion, it's time to move on and truly start a rebuilding process with younger more forward-looking coaches and staff. They knew there would be a problem the first year after Brady and hoped Cam would be the solution for a bridge year. That turned to poo in a heart beat. In 2020 he had Mac fall into his lap and we all jumped up and down.
Mac wasn't the QB we were all lead to believe.

so now we're all pretty much thinking or saying:
We're a quality QB away from having a very good team. I'm still sticking with BB. Even if he doesn't win another game.
You'll still have a quality QB that doesn't have any reliable targets to throw the ball.

We all thought that the rift between BB and Mac had been patched up, but BB is under such unbearable pressure that he's pretty much stopped defending his starting QB. If Mac starts off against the Saint like he did against the Cowboys, Bill will have to demote him to #2. Since BOB is not a fan of Zappe, does that mean Will Greir will be seeing the field?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but all those teams were grounded with a stout running attack. Not taking anything away from Gibbs, just the implication that three different QBs had much of an impact.
Cleveland was a decent team and was going to the playoffs recently. They had a shit team the year before but he failed. I'm sorry but don't think he is a good coach and a worst GM. He is a narcissst who relies on his shitty friends too much, and they are all jerkoffs. Show me your friends and I'll show you you

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we won't be picking first in the draft

EVEN IF we did get the first pick what confidence do you have in BB in either:

A: Trading it away
or
B: IF we get it (number 1 pick) would he actually make right pick?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love him all you want. Without TB12, Bill's history is nothing but losing seasons, with one exception year. Josh McDaniels' last as OC of the NEP.

Since 2019, he's continually made bad moves one after the other. In my opinion, it's time to move on and truly start a rebuilding process with younger more forward-looking coaches and staff. They knew there would be a problem the first year after Brady and hoped Cam would be the solution for a bridge year. That turned to poo in a heart beat. In 2020 he had Mac fall into his lap and we all jumped up and down.
Mac wasn't the QB we were all lead to believe.

so now we're all pretty much thinking or saying:

You'll still have a quality QB that doesn't have any reliable targets to throw the ball.

We all thought that the rift between BB and Mac had been patched up, but BB is under such unbearable pressure that he's pretty much stopped defending his starting QB. If Mac starts off against the Saint like he did against the Cowboys, Bill will have to demote him to #2. Since BOB is not a fan of Zappe, does that mean Will Greir will be seeing the field?

We have a solid defense just like we always have and will continue to have under BB. Our offense is amongst the worst in the league. That's a new trend. You say it's the receivers. I say a QB with leadership skills gets more out of them.

The O will get better in the coming weeks but Mac will not.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel the O-line is 90% of the problem. They are the worst in the NFL. Can’t pass protect. Can’t open lanes for the RB’s. MAC definitely needs to make better decisions but I’m sure in the back of his head he’s thinking I’ve got to get this pass off quickly and that’s leading to poor throws and bad choices. I truly feel if the line could protect him better and give him that extra 1-2 seconds he would be fine.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel the O-line is 90% of the problem. They are the worst in the NFL. Can’t pass protect. Can’t open lanes for the RB’s. MAC definitely needs to make better decisions but I’m sure in the back of his head he’s thinking I’ve got to get this pass off quickly and that’s leading to poor throws and bad choices. I truly feel if the line could protect him better and give him that extra 1-2 seconds he would be fine.

That's fair enough. Few questions:

1) How did we get here?
2) Did BB simply undervalue the position during the draft and FA?
3) Would Dante be able to fix it?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest with ourselves.

1. Bill Belichick values players differently than other GMs. (Please notice I said GMs)
2. BB's value system places defensive players higher than offensive players. His teams have always been top rated defensively.
3. BB's value system for defense has generally allowed him to select good to outstanding offensive linemen.
4. BB has been very good at selecting unknown, very good RBs. (He tends to lean toward Georgia)
5. With the exception of one Tom Brady, his selection of QBs has sucked
6. He's selected a very few rare Good WRs.

That brings us to the present day. The Patriots have a decent defense even with the injuries of late.

BB's value system does not work for the offense and because of it, the offensive line has gone from serviceable to putrid.
The WRs which have always been mediocre are now the worst in the NFL.

The starting QB was good in year one. He had an OC that could talk to him and explain his faults without making him feel like a dunce and make him confident that he could succeed. Year two gave him a complete nightmare which can only be directed to the GM/HC who for some God forsaken reason placed two people who'd never even seen an offensive playbook, full charge of the Patriots' offense. Mac Jones weaknesses were slammed in his face like he'd never seen or felt in his entire life. That and the HC sided with the rectal orfices he put in charge. Year three the GM/HC brings in another old friend who tries to build a comfort zone around a fractured phsychy and ego. The brain damage is unrepairable and the fact that he doesn't have the mechanical tools to overcome his frail ego, has now placed the QB in the crosshairs of every opponent.

Was this the plan? Was Bill pissed because Josh was able to get the kid to perform above all expectations and make the playoffs in his first year?
Was bringing in Patricia and Judge to do what they did part of the BB plan to destroy the kid? Was totally screwing up a functioning team part of some incredible plan that BB actually thought would somehow do a complete 180 when BOB took over the offense?

The BIGGEST PROBLEM with the Patriots' is Bill Belichick GM. I believe that the man is the greatest defensive mind ever to step foot on a football field. I believe that he was a great head coach when he an extraordinary QB running the offense so he could put 85% of his effort into the defense. That time has gone. The incredible number of problems on both sides of the ball has completely overwhelmed the man. Instead of telling Kraft that he can't keep up with all of the player personnel problems and the coaching problems, he smart mouths the media and acts like he has everything under control.

Bill Belichick has failed to recognize that the toilet has been flushed and that he and the New England Patriots are beginning that swirl that will eventually become a complete flush to the sewer.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or
Hmmm you've got a point. These potential indecisions aren't faced by any team ever, across all sports.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

If we had the #1 pick it's hard to imagine NOT picking a QB with it. To pull a page out of BK's playbook, Kraft would fuck BB in the ass with that pick if it wasn't a QB.