• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread: Niners at Seahawks

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty self-explanatory.

The only explanation I can see is you've had too much to drink. Our DEs should have nothing to do with Cliff Avril's game unless I am confused and Avril now plays on the offensive side of the ball.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only explanation I can see is you've had too much to drink. Our DEs should have nothing to do with Cliff Avril's game unless I am confused and Avril now plays on the offensive side of the ball.

Oh, yeah, my mistake. I meant to say our OTs. Obviously he's a DE.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought you were arguing that he had played well against our OTs in the run game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were arguing that he had played well against our OTs in the run game.

No. Our guys are too big for him. I don't expect him to be a factor, especially if we decide to run the ball up there.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a great game but I think 49ers pull out a close win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We cant compare what we did against the teams we faced week 1 against each other. Im sure the 49ers coaching staff isnt going to go into quest field sunday night thinking that there going to throw for 400 yards against our secondary this isnt the green bay packers D. Its going to be a slug fest, personal foul calls, and whatever team have the least turnovers and kick the more field goals will probably win.

yep, agree. only a handful of key plays will make all the difference. less mistakes win, so no turnovers and fewer penalties.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial post was meant glibly. Seattle is a fantastic team, and Wilson is a very good QB. But he was weak at best from the pocket yesterday. I watched over 3/4 of the game, and I'm hard-pressed to recall a completion from the pocket with the possible exception of a dump-off or two. I'm not counting the ridiculous throw-and-catch to Baldwin on the sidelines as that was effectively a busted play where two guys pulled a sensational play out of nowhere. And there's no denying Wilson can do that. But he'll need more to be truly elite. I didn't see it yesterday, and I recall not seeing that in the early going last year. Didn't catch as many of the later season games, though.

Our O-line was terrible yesterday.. Wilson had to do it all... We couldn't establish the run and we faced lots of 3rd and longs ... Not to mention tons of penalties.. Our pass protection was not good and I contribute that to a great defensive game by Carolina and rust with our O-line for game 1 ... Carolina has a good defense no question about it...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O-line was terrible yesterday.. Wilson had to do it all... We couldn't establish the run and we faced lots of 3rd and longs ... Not to mention tons of penalties.. Our pass protection was not good and I contribute that to a great defensive game by Carolina and rust with our O-line for game 1 ... Carolina has a good defense no question about it...

I thought Wilson looked confused back there for the entire first half.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

if true then more so a credit to him, his stat line is very good.

we couldn't run and neither could Seattle, it'll be interesting if both team still can't run this Sunday?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That is fair. There was quite a lot of pressure. But I was struck by how uncomfortable Wilson looked in the pocket throughout. I'm not saying Wilson can't play from the pocket, but I believe his most dangerous attribute - by far - is his ability to elude pressure and make plays downfield. I've seen him struggle with mid-range throws from the pocket in a few games now. I'm sure you've seen more of him than I have, and it may just have been one of those games yesterday, but if I were the Niners, I'd be crafting a game plan that revolves around keeping him in the pocket. He is lethal when he gets outside, arguably the best in the league. I think he's much more manageable running scripted plays from the pocket.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Wilson looked confused back there for the entire first half.

Offense was put entirely on his shoulder... wasn't confusion it was pressure.. and he handles pressure well which is why we left Carolina with a win... When it counted he stepped it up... Made some good throws in the second half...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair. There was quite a lot of pressure. But I was struck by how uncomfortable Wilson looked in the pocket throughout. I'm not saying Wilson can't play from the pocket, but I believe his most dangerous attribute - by far - is his ability to elude pressure and make plays downfield. I've seen him struggle with mid-range throws from the pocket in a few games now. I'm sure you've seen more of him than I have, and it may just have been one of those games yesterday, but if I were the Niners, I'd be crafting a game plan that revolves around keeping him in the pocket. He is lethal when he gets outside, arguably the best in the league. I think he's much more manageable running scripted plays from the pocket.

I think most teams even last year came in with that strategy... Any time a qb can extend a play it's dangerous for any defense trying to cover receivers downfield... Kap has that similar threat.. Both guy's present problems for defenses in that area... I think Wilson is quicker where Kap in faster... either way it's a problem for any defense... I haven't noticed the struggles you mention ... only 1 pre season game... It's tough to judge from the pre season...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB sold out to stop the run. Also they move Raji to the outside(DE) a new wrinkle that was key IMO vs our run.....

Our running game will be solid, no worries.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think most teams even last year came in with that strategy... Any time a qb can extend a play it's dangerous for any defense trying to cover receivers downfield... Kap has that similar threat.. Both guy's present problems for defenses in that area... I think Wilson is quicker where Kap in faster... either way it's a problem for any defense... I haven't noticed the struggles you mention ... only 1 pre season game... It's tough to judge from the pre season...

I'm judging based in large part on yesterday's game. That was the regular season last I checked.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nope.. Wilson is better... That's my opinion you have yours... Wilson play's at another level when the games are on the line.. Has a better deep ball BY FAR over Kap... Kap in good but not at the level Wilson is mentally.. Time will prove it...

stat line proves you wrong. You are entitled to an opinion but you are wrong.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll said in his presser they expect Cliff Avril and Brandon Browner to be back for the game.

I hope so. I would like to see where we are early season and SEA D, when healthy, is on par with ours for the most part. The more starters available, the better ability to see where our O is at.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was put entirely on his shoulder... wasn't confusion it was pressure.. and he handles pressure well which is why we left Carolina with a win... When it counted he stepped it up... Made some good throws in the second half...

A win is a win but the Seahawks looked like a very beatable team